What's new

PAF shoot down IAF SU-30 MKI l News & Discussion

My father is a former VCAS and I say that in order to establish some semblance of credibility. He's not the boastful type and I remember talking to him after the aerial battle and he sent me a small document of an air force log that keeps track of all IAF jets lost and it had the hawker's crash, another su crash etc and the last two entries were MiG-21 Shot by JF-17, SU-30 shot by JF-17.
But I just couldn't let go so I've been following this discussion that has been going on. I still haven't discussed this with him but now I believe one and only part of the Indian narrative and that is the use of F-16's. I've seen pictures of WC Nouman and SQ Hassan and I see their pictures only with F-16's (if you try to focus on the insignia on his right shoulder when the AC is seen congratulating WC Nouman, it seems like an F-16 in it). I think the JF-17's carried out the air incursion and attack while F-16's waited on our side of the LOC and went bang bang!

My father is a former VCAS and I say that in order to establish some semblance of credibility. He's not the boastful type and I remember talking to him after the aerial battle and he sent me a small document of an air force log that keeps track of all IAF jets lost and it had the hawker's crash, another su crash etc and the last two entries were MiG-21 Shot by JF-17, SU-30 shot by JF-17.
But I just couldn't let go so I've been following this discussion that has been going on. I still haven't discussed this with him but now I believe one and only part of the Indian narrative and that is the use of F-16's. I've seen pictures of WC Nouman and SQ Hassan and I see their pictures only with F-16's (if you try to focus on the insignia on his right shoulder when the AC is seen congratulating WC Nouman, it seems like an F-16 in it). I think the JF-17's carried out the air incursion and attack while F-16's waited on our side of the LOC and went bang bang!
and who are you?

Abhi Nandan was himself an SU30 pilot so why was he flying MiG21 because according to the Indians MiG21 has been upgraded with latest avionics to 4th gen. standards hence Bison. It is normal for pilots to fly different types of aircrafts in their career. I don't think PAF inducts separate pilots for each of the aircraft type / model in its fleet.
Abhi none done himself was a SU-30 pilot. It’s not unusual for PAF or IAF senior pilots to fly other planes.

Last edited:
Abhi Nandan was himself an SU30 pilot so why was he flying MiG21? bison because according to the Indians MiG21 has been upgraded with latest avionics to 4th gen. standards. It is normal for pilots to fly different types of aircrafts in their career. I don't think PAF inducts separate pilots for each of the aircraft type / model in its fleet.
Yeah i saw this video. Ok I will definitely present my theory to my father and post what he says. Most likely he'll say, don't you have anything else to do" but lets see.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom