What's new

PAF shoot down IAF SU-30 MKI l News & Discussion

Never made that claim. I'm presenting what I've seen and also listened closely to our own chatter when it was stated ' ... f-16's were in the air'. I wouldn't put it past Indians to cook up anything but the exploded AMRAAM shell it would be even hard for them to have stored it during some foreign exercise and waited for this moment to resent it. Yeah I don't believe that
Bhai aap kay paas koi evidence hay to dikhao?
Koi naii baat kao?

My father is a former VCAS and I say that in order to establish some semblance of credibility. He's not the boastful type and I remember talking to him after the aerial battle and he sent me a small document of an air force log that keeps track of all IAF jets lost and it had the hawker's crash, another su crash etc and the last two entries were MiG-21 Shot by JF-17, SU-30 shot by JF-17.
But I just couldn't let go so I've been following this discussion that has been going on. I still haven't discussed this with him but now I believe one and only part of the Indian narrative and that is the use of F-16's. I've seen pictures of WC Nouman and SQ Hassan and I see their pictures only with F-16's (if you try to focus on the insignia on his right shoulder when the AC is seen congratulating WC Nouman, it seems like an F-16 in it). I think the JF-17's carried out the air incursion and attack while F-16's waited on our side of the LOC and went bang bang!

someone's complained of evidence: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1941654/1-f-16s-jf-17s-india-cant-deny-downing-jets-ispr/ ... read the part of “Even if F-16 have been used, as at that point in time complete PAF was airborne including F-16s, the fact remains that Pakistan Air Force shot down two Indian jets in self defence,” the ISPR statement read"....

Please enlarge the picture yourself of WC Nauman and the insignia on his right shoulder.... looks like a falcon with an F-16

someone's complained of evidence: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1941654/1-f-16s-jf-17s-india-cant-deny-downing-jets-ispr/ ... read the part of “Even if F-16 have been used, as at that point in time complete PAF was airborne including F-16s, the fact remains that Pakistan Air Force shot down two Indian jets in self defence,” the ISPR statement read"....

Please enlarge the picture yourself of WC Nauman (when being acknowledged by AC) and the insignia on his right shoulder.... looks like a falcon with an F-16

Never made that claim. I'm presenting what I've seen and also listened closely to our own chatter when it was stated ' ... f-16's were in the air'. I wouldn't put it past Indians to cook up anything but the exploded AMRAAM shell it would be even hard for them to have stored it during some foreign exercise and waited for this moment to resent it. Yeah I don't believe that
Bhai India ke dono jets ko PAF F 16s ne hi giraya tha

Abhi Nandan was himself an SU30 pilot so why was he flying MiG21 because according to the Indians MiG21 has been upgraded with latest avionics to 4th gen. standards hence Bison. It is normal for pilots to fly different types of aircrafts in their career. I don't think PAF inducts separate pilots for each of the aircraft type / model in its fleet.

Hi,

I am pretty sure that for modern 4th gen + aircraft---there are dedicated pilots to fly them---.

As much as I have read about the usaf---I have not read about pilots switching over from one aircraft type to the other---. Stepping up is different---.

Hi,

I am pretty sure that for modern 4th gen + aircraft---there are dedicated pilots to fly them---.

As much as I have read about the usaf---I have not read about pilots switching over from one aircraft type to the other---. Stepping up is different---.
exactly. now I know it is not unheard of in usaf for pilots to switch from f22 to f35 or f15 to f16. these lateral moves, not downward moves. you NEVER EVER hear of an f22 pilot going down to f15.

Hi,

Then why did Abhi Nandan fly a MiG21 Bison while he had been flying Su30 since 2011. Possible explanations?
  1. He was flying the Su30 whose wreckage landed in IoJ&K while his copilot died in crash
  2. IAF has a different policy
  3. MiG21 Bison has been upgraded to 4th standards and IAF relies on it (a lot more than its crap Tejas)

exactly. now I know it is not unheard of in usaf for pilots to switch from f22 to f35 or f15 to f16. these lateral moves, not downward moves. you NEVER EVER hear of an f22 pilot going down to f15.
That's not true...

Last edited:
thats my theory :) ... mujhay bhi yehi lag raha hai ... I'll ask my father tomorrow ... I know he'll be like 'yaar jao kuch aur kaam karo"

"No big deal, they knew, we knew, the Americans knew. All politics"

Then why did Abhi Nandan fly a MiG21 Bison while he had been flying Su30 since 2011. Possible explanations?
  1. He was flying the Su30 whose wreckage landed in IoJ&K while his copilot died in crash
  3. MiG21 Bison has been upgraded to 4th standards and IAF relies on it (a lot more than its crap Tejas)

That's not true...
There's lot of value in this theory itself. People have a thought fallacy of drawing false conclusions because of easiness of accepting '...oh pilots switch from one fighter to another'. My father started flying Mirages in the late 60's and never switched during the time he was an active fighter pilot. He has a shield of logging 1500 hrs in a mirage. So yeah Air Forces just don't switch pilots because they want EXPERIENCE with the machine - man and machine become one. I also find it hard to believe that this guy was MiG-21 but who knows they might have had a different policy. Move up - yes, move down - haven't heard many cases but it can happen.

I still don’t understand why their helicopter crashed due to technical problems

Specially when it was needed in the heat of that moment, the should see their maintenance records and in war it doesn’t matter how , the only thing matters is if it’s something their army ppl can trust and faith on

We are not claiming the kill but still it’s gone down the drain, the technical issue could be due to electronic warfares in action lol

Same goes for MKIs as well,

That's not true...

Hi,

Was it because of his father---that is an answer only the indians can give---.

Because there is nothing common in these two aircraft to make the switch---.

Back
Top Bottom