What's new

PAF shoot down IAF SU-30 MKI l News & Discussion

Hi,

Was it because of his father---that is an answer only the indians can give---.

Because there is nothing common in these two aircraft to make the switch---.
Modern aircraft are quite easy to fly with fly by wire system on board while 5 decade old Mig-21s are very tough to fly and due to high number of crashes IAF only allows senior pilots to fly these coffins because they found that most of the crashes involve were new pilots and due to human fault many jet crashed.

Abinondon was flying Mig-21 that day although he experience of flying SU-30 he was transferred to Mig-21 squadron, Same as PAF most of the F-16 pilots now flying JF-17 (reason are not same but one is common experience), They pilot who shoot down SU-30 was previously flying F-16.

Hi,

Was it because of his father---that is an answer only the indians can give---.

Because there is nothing common in these two aircraft to make the switch---.
Well,
If his father's rank influenced the shift, it should have worked the other way round i.e. from MiG21 to Su30 and not from Su30 to MiG21.

I have a theory that he was flying the Su30 and was running away as he spotted PAF Shaheens, but got shot down; the wreckage fell down in IoJ&K while he landed in Azad Kashmir. For two reasons, he asked the people whether he was in India or Pakistan and that Jai Hind thingy... So it means he was not sure about his whereabouts i.e. very close to the border. Second reason, he hid which airplane he was flying when asked, his reply was "I'm not supposed to tell you that" ...so I guess hiding MiG21 won't make any sense because that's the cheapest & lowest asset of IAF.

But anyways, I believe that DG ISPR knows exactly which A/C he was flying because he (Abhi Nandan) told EVERYTHING. But Pakistan is playing games with Indian brain as well and we like to play the games ... And the second pilot...who is he, where is he... :)

Last edited:
can some one upload 2nd part of this video
We would, if it were still on the internet. Truth is that in all the excitement, everyone was looking for more information. No one bothered to download a HD version.

India Today was probably contacted by the Ministry of Defense and requested/instructed/ordered them to remove it from their YouTube page.

As far as they're concerned, this video doesn't exist.

Well,
If his father's rank influenced the shift, it should have worked the other way round i.e. from MiG21 to Su30 and not from Su30 to MiG21.
Well, I have a theory that he was flying the Su30 and was running away as he spotted PAF shaheens, but got shot down the wreckage fell down in IoJ&K while he landed in Azad Kashmir. For two reasons, he asked the people whether he was in India or Pakistan and that Jai Hind thingy... So it means he was not sure about here whereabouts i.e. very close to the border. Second reason, he hid which airplane he was flying when asked, his reply was "I'm not supposed to tell you that" ...so I guess hiding MiG21 won't make any sense because that's the lowest quality asset of IAF.

But anyways, I believe that DG ISPR knows exactly which A/C he was flying because he told EVERYTHING. But Pakistan is playing games with Indian brain as well and we like to play the games ... And the second pilot...who is he, where is he... :)

Hi,

On that analysis---we are on the same page---. I also believe that he was flying the SU30---.

Front line fighter pilots are just not switched around from their aircraft---.

Hi,

On that analysis---we are on the same page---. I also believe that he was flying the SU30---.

Front line fighter pilots are just not switched around from their aircraft---.
In 2011, he was on Su30 while he was flight lt. He is their TACDE pilot i.e. from the elite training institution in IAF where only select pilots go for further training and become the top 1% of the pilots...so see how exclusive that is for an IAF pilot...so I really doubt a TACDE qualified Wing Commander who was trained to fly Su30 since the start, got a MiG21 to fly for such a crucial mission... this simply does not add up ...

In 2011, he was on Su30 while he was flight lt. He is their TACDE pilot i.e. from the elite training institution in IAF where only select pilots go for further training and become the top 1% of the pilots...so see how exclusive that is for an IAF pilot...so I really doubt a TACDE qualified Wing Commander who was trained to fly Su30 since the start, got a MiG21 to fly for such a crucial mission... this simply does not add up ...
His helmet and cueing system attached with it only work with MIG-21 Bison.
Here is the proof
Abhnandan-3-331x480.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

His helmet and cueing system attached with it only work with MIG-21 Bison.
Here is the proof
Abhnandan-3-331x480.jpg
Sorry, it is too low res so I can't it
Pilots are given paper map of the area and paper-documents for emergency situations.

Last edited:
Sorry, it is too low rest so I can't it
Pilots are given paper map of and paper-documents for emergency situations.
D1-Ewqm-ZW0-AEiv5g.jpg

Sorry, it is too low res so I can't it
Pilots are given paper map of the area and paper-documents for emergency situations.
It is written clearly that he is flying MIG-21 Bison as I posted earlier Mig-21 crashes due to pilot errors so they decided that only experienced pilot will fly Mig-21, Abinondon have experienced of flying suppose to be modern air superiority fighter SU-30 so he was transferred to MIG-21 squadron.

SU-30 was shoot down by using BVR missile near or on LOC one of his pilot landed near our post and hot hurt shifted to CMH where he died while second pilot and aircraft fell on IOK.

This is SU-30's helmet..

maxresdefault.jpg

nirmala-sitharaman-sukhoi_650x400_41516200021.jpg

D1-Ewqm-ZW0-AEiv5g.jpg

It is written clearly that he is flying MIG-21 Bison as I posted earlier Mig-21 crashes due to pilot errors so they decided that only experienced pilot will fly Mig-21, Abinondon have experienced of flying suppose to be modern air superiority fighter SU-30 so he was transferred to MIG-21 squadron.

SU-30 was shoot down by using BVR missile near or on LOC one of his pilot landed near our post and hot hurt shifted to CMH where he died while second pilot and aircraft fell on IOK.

This is SU-30's helmet..

maxresdefault.jpg

nirmala-sitharaman-sukhoi_650x400_41516200021.jpg
I think this helmet is without HMD attached on.
Helmet-Sight.jpg

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Galleries/Eqpmt/Helmet-Sight.jpg.html
this helmet along with hmd looks same but its mentioned for Mig 29

I posted earlier Mig-21 crashes due to pilot errors so they decided that only experienced pilot will fly Mig-21, Abinondon have experienced of flying suppose to be modern air superiority fighter SU-30 so he was transferred to MIG-21 squadron.
Mate, this is very strange logic..It is like saying that a driver who has been driving BMW 7-series for the past 10 years, can drive Mehran better than a driver who has been driving for the past 10 years.

Mate, this is very strange logic..It is like saying that a driver who has been driving BMW 7-series for the past 10 years, can drive Mehran better than a driver who has been driving for the past 10 years.
Bro MIG-21 is very difficult to fly and many MIG crashed due to pilot error rest I can't bang my head on stone do believe whatever you presume.

I think this helmet is without HMD attached on.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Galleries/Eqpmt/Helmet-Sight.jpg.html
this helmet along with hmd looks same but its mentioned for Mig 29
It is a MIG 21 helmet manufactured in Delhi with earliest type of retro fitted HMD.

It makes sense to put in more experienced pilots to man the existing platforms you have that may be seen as inferior.

If your forced to make due with older/obselescent equipment, an experienced pilot will likely have a better outcome than a green one in a war time setting.

Abhi in the Bison makes total sense in that regard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom