What's new

PAF’s Exercise Saffron Bandit 2009-10 Concludes

air marshal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
PAF’s Exercise Saffron Bandit 2009-10 Concludes
February 21, 2010

REGIONAL ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS AN EVER VIGILANT ROLE FOR PAF: AIR CHIEF

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force today conducted a simple but impressive ‘Culmination Ceremony’ of its triennial command-level major exercise codenamed ’Saffron Bandit 2009-10’, at an operational Air Base.

Presided over by Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force, the Ceremony was widely attended by the commanders form all tiers of PAF including participants from the entire field as well as selected units from Pak Army.

Addressing the concluding session, Air Chief said that “PAF’s combat training methodology has made a significant difference in our national counter terrorism effort, besides enhancing professional capabilities of our fighter aircrew. Active PAF participation has resulted in quick successes for Pak Army with fewer casualties of our soldiers and importantly minimum collateral damage on the ground” he added.

He further said, “Our regional environment demands an ever vigilant role for PAF. Besides the traditional threat, we are required to deal with the menace of terrorism for quite sometime now. Regional volatility could lead to contingencies emanating in short span of time. Our preparedness and response therefore has to be timely, precise and effects-based” he added. He further emphasized that in the event of any misadventure in the form of a strike, PAF will respond immediately with full force.

The exercise that lasted for over seven months sequentially included participation from all fighter squadrons of PAF. The first ever formal inclusion of anti terrorist operations in the curriculum was the hallmark of this Exercise. Another important aspect of this exercise was the successful streamlining of the joint force application concept in future battle scenarios.

Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Sulman, Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force addressing the Culmination Ceremony of Exercise Saffron Bandit 2009-10 held at PAF Operational Base.

Source: Associated Press of Pakistan

Saffron Bandit?????????

What a cheap title.

So the level of PAF is come to fighting petty bandits.

How one can justify this title.

If you are going to be a sarcastic pain in the ***, at least learn to do it properly instead of posting an idiotic remark that only speaks volumes about your IQ and background.

If you are indeed oblivious to the terminology, there is a thing called manner of speech...........

Once an Indian Submarine was christened SindoDesh, later the title was removed or something.

A Bogie or Bandit is a term used for enemy aircraft and since PAF always had to meet the threat from India, hence the Saffron.

If you are indeed oblivious to the terminology, there is a thing called manner of speech...........

Once an Indian Submarine was christened SindoDesh, later the title was removed or something.

A Bogie or Bandit is a term used for enemy aircraft and since PAF always had to meet the threat from India, hence the Saffron.

1. Where i have used some abusive or low level language or manners?

2. Should before every post i have to say "Respected Sir".

3. Why post off topic like submarine in this thread.

4. Still, You have not understand my point. My point is "Saffron" why target a religion. India is a secular country grow up from the days of partision.

5. PAF is not some small "tuccha" air force they should maintain dignity and pofessnalism.

I hope u understand my valid point about professionalism.

1. Where i have used some abusive or low level language or manners?

2. Should before every post i have to say "Respected Sir".

3. Why post off topic like submarine in this thread.

4. Still, You have not understand my point. My point is "Saffron" why target a religion. India is a secular country grow up from the days of partision.

5. PAF is not some small "tuccha" air force they should maintain dignity and pofessnalism.

I hope u understand my valid point about professionalism.

1. This is how you made your query,
Saffron Bandit?????????

What a cheap title.

So the level of PAF is come to fighting petty bandits.

How one can justify this title.

@ Some table manners........
2. No, that would be asking too much from your ignorance,
3. How is it off topic, the name exposed India's desires.
4. The term applies to the colour of IAF insignia, nothing to do with religion.
5. PAF is indeed a hard hitting professional Air force and doesn't need clarification from some armchair general, since all your rants are just shots in the dark, let me enlighten you that even the USAF has a Squadron with call sign Red Rippers.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with the name.
We had
Exercise CHARIOT April 1952
Exercise TULIP December 1953
Exercise SWAN SONG November 1954
Exercise CRESCENT November 1957
Exercise YELLOW LIZARD November 1957
Exercise QUICK ACTION April 1958
Exercise QUICK MOVE April 1958
HIGH ALTITUDE GUNNERY EXERCISE
SHAHBAZ-II