What's new

PAF’s Exercise Saffron Bandit 2009-10 Concludes

Are you serious, bro? You are complaining about a submarine called'INS Sindhughosh' because you saw 'Sind' in it? Did you try Google before sharing your thoughts? 'Sindhu' means river in Sanskrit and the word'Hindu' is thought to be closely related. There are some more interpretations, but NONE of them refers to Sind in Pakistan! Its the other way around.

Also for future reference, NO title was'removed or something'. The Sindhughosh class of subs is serving in the Navy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sindhughosh_class_submarine

The level of stereotyping and immaturity apparent in this 'Saffron Bandit' name speaks volumes about the general mindset in your Armed Forces of late. The PAF of the '65 and the '71 war, in my opinion, was a classy, all business-like organisation whose skills and bravery did not require resorting to cheap rabble rousing stunts like the above mentioned name. Just look around, use Google for a change, see which other air force names war exercises like this? My guess: North Korea.

The subject name was alloted to a Nuclear Sub which was apparently leased from Russia, it's not my assertion rather there was a lot of condemnations in the papers at the time.
Let me say this once and for all, the PAF remains as professional and committed as ever, and as stated earlier even USAF has such call signs as Red Rippers in reference to Russia.

Last edited:
welll i hope that paf uses next time JF 17 thunder in exercise INSHAHALLAH post some more pics sir

There is nothing wrong with the name.
We had
Exercise CHARIOT April 1952
Exercise TULIP December 1953
Exercise SWAN SONG November 1954
Exercise CRESCENT November 1957
Exercise YELLOW LIZARD November 1957
Exercise QUICK ACTION April 1958
Exercise QUICK MOVE April 1958
HIGH ALTITUDE GUNNERY EXERCISE
SHAHBAZ-II
SHAHBAZ-III-IV-V-VI FROM 1960 TO 1962
EXERCISE BATTLEFIELD
EXERCISE MIDLINK Oct 62
EXERCISE SNEAK IN
EXERCISE FLYING FOX
EXERCISE DOLPHIN
EXERCISE AGRAGATTI I-II
EXERCISE AQUEOUS-II
EXERCISE TIGER LEAP
EXERCISE HIGH MARK I TO V
EXERCISE TORNADO
EXERCISE SUNRISE
EXERCISE SEA SPARK
EXERCISE INSPIRED ALERT
EXERCISE SAFFRON BANDIT
EXERCISE BAZZ
EXERCISE SHAHZORE
EXERCISE BATTLEFIELD INOCCULATION

JUST SOME OF THE NAMES. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I am pretty thankful to you and others because I really enjoy myself by surfing in PDF especially in the "Military Aviation" Portion and always looking for your posts. The above is a perfect example of that and my justification for being in this section of PDF most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom