What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

Keep posts not related to the topic off here please.

1664416080036.png

Radars from the west inbound, this is on top of MORE chinese radars bought recently and also many dozens of western radar upgrade kits @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

alongside this large scale procurement of National IFF- Pehchan 14
1665315135283.png

Is Pakistan considering anti-stealth radar from China?

Pakistan should have gone for HQ 16 B instead of HQ 16 A. I don't know who made the decision when HQ 16 B available at that time.

Was the HQ-16 B available for sale to Pakistan at the time? Pakistan always seems to buy/gets one or 2 below China's best - yet can it always buys the best from Turkey, Sweden and elsewhere.

Does China actually make available to Pakistan its latest tech, or does it restrict to a slightly older generation on the basis of what is willing to sell ? J10CE is not china's best, and PAF is getting the export variant of the PL15E..

Is this way we are seeing the explosion in procurements from Turkey ?

I do think there is a element of technology restriction from China based on Pakistan procurement patterns from other weapons providers.

Radars from the west inbound, this is on top of MORE chinese radars bought recently and also many dozens of western radar upgrade kits @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

alongside this large scale procurement of National IFF- Pehchan 14
View attachment 885860

No indication of what type of radars they are ??

- Let me put this out there? ie are these radar sets ground based or air based(Erieye radar sets ... ).. is PAF looking to 'self-host' Erieye radar sets on the Bombardier Global 6000 iself (timing would suggest no - if you was - you would have procured earlier and started to get them ready before the radar sets turned up ).

Just speculation on my part ... but we know PAF ordered extra Erieye radar sets, but have seen no new airframes hosting those sets. So, is this delivery of radar sets the Erieye radar sets ????

No indication of what type of radars they are ??

- Let me put this out there? ie are these radar sets ground based or air based(Erieye radar sets ... ).. is PAF looking to 'self-host' Erieye radar sets on the Bombardier Global 6000 iself (timing would suggest no - if you was - you would have procured earlier and started to get them ready before the radar sets turned up ).

Just speculation on my part ... but we know PAF ordered extra Erieye radar sets, but have seen no new airframes hosting those sets. So, is this delivery of radar sets the Erieye radar sets ????

PAF was seeking TRML-4D ;)

Was the HQ-16 B available for sale to Pakistan at the time? Pakistan always seems to buy/gets one or 2 below China's best - yet can it always buys the best from Turkey, Sweden and elsewhere.

Does China actually make available to Pakistan its latest tech, or does it restrict to a slightly older generation on the basis of what is willing to sell ? J10CE is not china's best, and PAF is getting the export variant of the PL15E..

I do think there is a element of technology restriction from China based on Pakistan procurement patterns from other weapons providers.
restrictions are on everyone from the Chinese, the soviets did the same too, will not export something they are not capable of dealing with. You see this pattern, i.e FY-IV ERA only was available for export after the PLA got a better ERA. Turks just have great kit on great terms and are willing to do whatever we ask of them

PAF was seeking TRML-4D ;)

thanks - interesting if tue.

It has nice specifications :

• Instrumented range: 250 km
  • Azimuth coverage: 360° (rotating), 100° (fixed)
  • Target detection capability of 0.01 m² RCS
  • Capacity of 1500 targets 3D tracking
  • Track range performance: fighter aircraft > 120 km , supersonic missile > 60 km
  • Track update rate: < 1 s
  • MTTR: < 0.5 hrs
  • Highly mobile, set-up and de-camp within 10 minutes

Yes it was available for sale.

Yes it was available for sale.

Then i would agree - it was a silly decision to purchase the A-variant when the B-vaariant was available(without of course knowing the "price" difference ).

thanks - interesting if tue.

It has nice specifications :

• Instrumented range: 250 km
  • Azimuth coverage: 360° (rotating), 100° (fixed)
  • Target detection capability of 0.01 m² RCS
  • Capacity of 1500 targets 3D tracking
  • Track range performance: fighter aircraft > 120 km , supersonic missile > 60 km
  • Track update rate: < 1 s
  • MTTR: < 0.5 hrs
  • Highly mobile, set-up and de-camp within 10 minutes

youll be pleasently surprised, this is alongside the 60 or so MPDR uipgrade kits (aesa)

Then i would agree - it was a silly decision to purchase the A-variant when the B-vaariant was available(without of course knowing the "price" difference ).

It is purely down to the missile, no other difference, so can be integrated with a simple software update most likely

Back
Top Bottom