What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

Bro,

We live in the era of satellites and airborne surveillance systems. You think that posting a few pics on the web will change the situation on the ground? No.

Even if positions are known and/or discovered, nobody is coming after them because such installations are expected to be heavily guarded and our soldiers will offer resistance. Resistance is the key deterrent....

I had written nothing else, read the whole topic, please !

RXRPdF6.jpg

Max Alt is wrong here, It's in Km actually

@Signalian check that, its the third time that I see a Pakistani SA-2 picture, it seems that some units are still in service!

Here is the first one that I saw!

50285490.jpg
Unbesa-2nannt.PNG

HQ-2B with PAF

As per publicly available information, HQ-2B site near Islamabad is active. Some sources report the site near Karachi has been disbanded.

PAF has no replacements in the pipeline. Few years ago, the PAF Chief was talking about evaluation of four different Chinese SAM's. I guess those plans were put on hold just like purchase of new aircraft.

Spada 2000+ for base defence. HQ-2B and Crotale 4000 being phased out. Thats all about PAF.

As per publicly available information, HQ-2B site near Islamabad is active. Some sources report the site near Karachi has been disbanded.

PAF has no replacements in the pipeline. Few years ago, the PAF Chief was talking about evaluation of four different Chinese SAM's. I guess those plans were put on hold just like purchase of new aircraft.

Spada 2000+ for base defence. HQ-2B and Crotale 4000 being phased out. Thats all about PAF.

Per paf history 1999-2013 sa-2 were retired long time ago date in the book even crotale system Allen warren new book chapter on radars and sams did not mention it. Did anyone noticed it being displayed at paf day this year at one the bases?

Allen book mention spada, mistral and Anza sams only

I think may be crotale 4000 batteries maybe in war reserves ?? Guessing

I Beg to differ,Crotales are here currently operational/standby with 5 squadrons.
Talks/work being done to upgrade those crotale batteries by Thales.
Question Might arise why Crotales are still operational? Because they are filling gaps which Spada Cant fullfill,I wont go into further Details.

Per paf history 1999-2013 sa-2 were retired long time ago date in the book even crotale system Allen warren new book chapter on radars and sams did not mention it. Did anyone noticed it being displayed at paf day this year at one the bases?

Do you have a copy of PAF history 1999-2013 ? Or pdf.

Actually These are old systems like MPDR45 and TPS 43G so that's why maybe they r not mentioned.
Like wise I said Crotales are here and will stay here for atleast a decade.

I Beg to differ,Crotales are here currently operational/standby with 5 squadrons.
Talks/work being done to upgrade those crotale batteries by Thales.
Question Might arise why Crotales are still operational? Because they are filling gaps which Spada Cant fullfill,I wont go into further Details.

Crotale's in PAF service were upgraded to Crotale 4000 standard years ago. I have not heard about those being further upgraded.

On page 1 of this thread, you can see Crotale's on display at a training facility. It appears (to me) that those are retired.

Corrections will be appreciated.

Crotale's in PAF service were upgraded to Crotale 4000 standard years ago. I have not heard about those being further upgraded.

On page 1 of this thread, you can see Crotale's on display at a training facility. It appears (to me) that those are retired.

Well when did I said they are being upgraded to 4000 standard?:azn:
2011 12 discussions were being held regarding upgrading them through Thales , We even got quotations For that upgrades But somehow it was a lil bit high then our budget So we decided to renegotiate with them.
Those crotales standing Infront of ADTS are dummies and these types of dummies were brought during 80's and 90's to manipulate our enemies. I can give u example ,The biggest Sam sqn of Pakistan from 1981 to 2009 had dummies alog with orignal battries with them at every site so that In case of attack instead of Orignal ones they can be shot down.During PAF's SAM trails at soumiani rage upgraded crotales performed at par with Spada 2000 .
Edit=Crotale 4000 and libyan configuration ones

Last edited:
Well when did I said they are being upgraded to 4000 standard?:azn:
2011 12 discussions were being held regarding upgrading them through Thales , We even got quotations For that upgrades But somehow it was a lil bit high then our budget So we decided to renegotiate with them.
Those crotales standing Infront of ADSS are dummies and these types of dummies were brought during 80's and 90's to manipulate our enemies. I can give u example ,The biggest Sam sqn of Pakistan from 1981 to 2009 had dummies alog with orignal battries with them at every site so that In case of attack instead of Orignal ones they can be shot down.During PAF's SAM trails at soumiani rage upgraded crotales performed at par with Spada 2000 .

Crotale's were upgraded to Crotale 4000 years ago as per news reports which quoted senior PAF officials.

I understand that you mean to say negotiations were held with Thales in 2011-12 and price was hindering upgrades.

What happened later? Were Crotale's upgraded further?

But in the Video you can see them operational, so the Member @tps77 is correct !

Crotale SAM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom