What's new

PAF Pioneered the CFT

Thanks. These were the machines that had the gondola type fuel tanks attached to them.:-) One can clearly see the attachment. I do not know what was PAF thniking when we bought these ugly ducklings.

when the decision was being made, asghar khan was not in favour but was over-ruled by the british chief of the PAF or RPAF then

CFT's does make difference my friend,remember India is the 7th largest country in the world.When a war jump starts with India and Pakistan what will you do with the small range warplanes,does it cover all the areas of India or does PAF end up with a defensive one? So it's definitely a huge issue for PAF.
I have seen many members here saying that PAF is a defensive force that's why they are not doing such n such things, like that for argument winning:hitwall: ....but in reality no country will make their air force for defend purpose only.In a war scenario an air force not end up with only defend enemies attack,they have to defend and counter attack on enemies land.Air dominance is not a joke,this applies for PAF too so they will definitely search for these requirements.

Try to read my comment again and ask your-self were you really in a hurry to hit reply button?

I clearly said with the induction of MRTT's in PAF CFt's are not the first priority of PAF .When you have air-refuelers to refuel your aircrafts for long endurance then why to risk manuverability and RCS

Try to read my comment again and ask your-self were you really in a hurry to hit reply button?

I clearly said with the induction of MRTT's in PAF CFt's are not the first priority of PAF .When you have air-refuelers to refuel your aircrafts for long endurance then why to risk manuverability and RCS

The CFT's will offer you the advantage of having extra fuel capacity at a marginal expense of manueverablity..less than what you lose when carrying external tanks.
Consider this.. a F-16 without CFT's can still carry 6 LGB's.. 6 A2A missiles and fly a 500km mission.. with refueling can make it upto 650km?
A F-16 with empty CFT's on take off..and then fueled in the air.. can fly upto 850km into enemy territory..and fly back out...
Useful..no??

Ask yourself that what will happen to a large Aircraft going in to a enemy territory and re-fuel it's fighter aircraft . Is it safe?:pakistan::no:

Ask yourself that what will happen to a large Aircraft going in to a enemy territory and re-fuel it's fighter aircraft . Is it safe?:pakistan::no:
The maximum amount of fuel is consumed during take-off , so imidiately after take of an aircraft can be re-fueled .

The CFT's will offer you the advantage of having extra fuel capacity at a marginal expense of manueverablity..less than what you lose when carrying external tanks.
Consider this.. a F-16 without CFT's can still carry 6 LGB's.. 6 A2A missiles and fly a 500km mission.. with refueling can make it upto 650km?
A F-16 with empty CFT's on take off..and then fueled in the air.. can fly upto 850km into enemy territory..and fly back out...
Useful..no??

Conformal fuel tanks have the disadvantage that, unlike drop tanks, they cannot be discarded in flight. This is because conformal tanks are plumbed into the aircraft, and can only be removed on the ground. Thus, when the CFTs are empty, the aircraft continues to suffer the same aerodynamic penalty, with no benefit

f165.jpg

Here is a "real" photo of a new F-16C,D with CFT's.

CFT's does make difference my friend,remember India is the 7th largest country in the world.When a war jump starts with India and Pakistan what will you do with the small range warplanes,does it cover all the areas of India or does PAF end up with a defensive one? So it's definitely a huge issue for PAF.
I have seen many members here saying that PAF is a defensive force that's why they are not doing such n such things, like that for argument winning:hitwall: ....but in reality no country will make their air force for defend purpose only.In a war scenario an air force not end up with only defend enemies attack,they have to defend and counter attack on enemies land.Air dominance is not a joke,this applies for PAF too so they will definitely search for these requirements.

So for sure they will have them ..if they dont right now...:coffee:

really????????? then what are those two under the wing and one under the fuselage?
Another pic
1855440.jpg

There are no CFT's on this bird my friend. The under-wing fuel tanks are not CFT's nor the enhanced spine on D version.

BTW, the photo he posted, is it a PAF viper, considering the tail shows no flag?

it is.. the camo should tell the tale..
While in the pre-delivery status..the flag are either not painted.. or painted over.. since the jets are bought using FMS.. they are "listed" as American Jets till the handover.

@Santro
You know, I never realized that PAF's F-16s had a separate camo! I googled some other block 50's and I see the difference now.

@Truthseeker2010:
This is a labeled picture of the F-16's fuel tanks, hope this helps:-)

http://www.rocketfin.com/400-images/f16-132.jpg

This is not a PAF f-16, also this is a F-16 CJ and PAF doesnot operate F-16 CJ's

F-16 CJ's are only operated by USAF ,

Basically F-16 CJ's are bit different from normal Block C's ,these aircrafts are modified to perform the Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (SEAD) mission, replacing the F-4G ‘Wild Weasel’ aircraft, these were unofficially designated F-16CJ/DJ

F-16CJ/DJ are equipped with a Lockheed Martin AN/AAS-35V Pave Penny laser spot tracker and the Texas Instruments AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS), with the HTS pod being mounted on the port intake hardpoint

Back
Top Bottom