What's new

PAF Pioneered the CFT

Christian...so in other words anything that india is making now that US/Russian had made 20 years earlier counts to nothing. Wasn't it your Space department who said india is one of pioneers in space technologies.

Yes pioneering It is, if after years it is fulfilling objective for the purpose it is made the re-creator of it would certainly would call it pioneering. The pics posted of meteor was of a ventral fuel tank to be exact.

PS. i don't want to get into a cheap indian mine is better discussion but every now and then you indians post threads and posts indians pioneering this and that and that too 40 year old!..

Here the photo. no CGI/NO PS.

The Image is also in the database of Aircraft Upgrades PAF F-6 Farmer
p0010398.jpg

Christian...so in other words anything that india is making now that US/Russian had made 20 years earlier counts to nothing. Wasn't it your Space department who said india is one of pioneers in space technologies.

Yes pioneering It is, if after years it is fulfilling objective for the purpose it is made the re-creator of it would certainly would call it pioneering. The pics posted of meteor was of a ventral fuel tank to be exact.

PS. i don't want to get into a cheap indian mine is better discussion but every now and then you indians post threads and posts indians pioneering this and that and that too 40 year old!..

Indians cant control it, its in their genes.

Here the photo. no CGI/NO PS.

The Image is also in the database of Aircraft Upgrades PAF F-6 Farmer
p0010398.jpg

these were developed due to the US embargoes of 65 and 71 - later these were discarded in favour of 'lighter' jettison tanks which are now in use on most of the a/c in PAF inventory.

Was wondering when somebody would realize that :P...

The tile of the thread should then be changed to F-16's not only aircraft equipped with CFT's in PAF use.
The credit is due on the PAF that the F-6 gondola tanks were designed in house.. So I suppose the title.. first airforce in Middle east and South Asia to design own CFT's would be more appropriate(unless somebody can find an AF that did that too)

Do PAF got CFT tanks for our new F 16 and if yes and what about the old F 16 which will get Upgradiation can we install CFT on them also or not

Indians have problem digesting anything good about Pakistan..

They are Indians buddy, they will always take you down to there level, such news are very hard for them to engulf, they cant sleep all night:lol:

Your conclusions are not based on historical facts again.

The Gloster Meteor which first flew in 1943 had these CF tanks installed a few years later.

Not only this jet, but also the Electric Lightning and GLoster Javelin among others has these type of tanks in the 50's itself.

We can safely say that your statement about PAF being one of the 'pioneers' of CFT in the 80's is incorrect.

Photo of Israeli Meteors with CFT on 25 July 1954

Meteor_IAF_1954.jpg

Photo of RAAF Glosters with CFT.
Gloster-Meteor[1].jpg

When first images of a PAF F-6 armed with GAR-8s appeared in late 60s, the headline in aviation journals was, "PAF has pioneered the art of arming Chinese built Russian aircraft with American weapons"!, but no such detail was mentioned when PAF technicians wired the F-86s with similar weapons as early as in 1965. Your above examples hold no ground since the accessory was installed by the manufacturer of the platform, similarly the English Electric Lightnings were designed to adopt the tanks and were delivered as part of the package to the user. Coming back to the topic, the F-6 had no such provisions in it's original form, hence the PAF pioneered the project for the F-6s to be plumbed to adopt such tanks just as it did with the AAMs. In your desperation to prove me wrong, you have obviously failed to acknowledged that Gondola Tanks are not universal that they can be adopted by any aircraft nor they can be implemented on any platform.!!! Hence, by virtual ingenuity, the PAF was indeed one of the pioneers of this creation.
The irony of your statement is in parallel with that of IAF Top Brass, who, when PAF landed it's aircraft on a Motorway, could merely say that, "Swedish Air force has been doing this for years". How pathetic is that. !!!

@Windjammer:

Santro
has already answered your post even before you wrote this. I quote:

"Re: PAF Pioneered the CFT
Was wondering when somebody would realize that ...

The title of the thread should then be changed to F-16's not only aircraft equipped with CFT's in PAF use........ first airforce in Middle east and South Asia to design own CFT's would be more appropriate(unless somebody can find an AF that did that too)"

As far as the repeated references to India and Indians in this thread by you and your kind, its kinda pathetic. If my post was so infuriating that you guys needed to bring India up, feel free to dig into the Chinese member 'Beast' and your own countryman 'Aamir Hussain' who also proved your post to be incorrect in its boast 'PAF poineered the CFT':-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom