What's new

PAF Phenom 100 "A NEW BIRD"

Pakistan Air Force first Embraer Phenom 100 registered PT-ZYE (V-4101) in Athens (including picture):

****://athensairport[dot]blogspot[dot]com/2009/04/pakistan-air-force-embraer-phenom.html

(replace the [dot] tags with .)

54d79930902c7b801840bb325591d044.jpg

hey thanks for the pic mernion, and welcome to the forum

I doubt it because it had brazilian registration (PT-ZYE) and it came from USA to europe (athens) and continued to egypt.. And PT-ZYE was c/n 17 which was the first phenom to be delivered to PAF.. Are you sure it was delivered (i mean it came to pakistan)? Because the ceremony i saw that happened on 25th or 26th of March.. It's not that many days since then.

u r correct - if our media reports "delivered" it is automatically assumed delivered in pakistan, whereas delivered means handing over in supplier country (most times).!:enjoy:

Pakistan Air Force first Embraer Phenom 100 registered PT-ZYE (V-4101) in Athens (including picture):

****://athensairport[dot]blogspot[dot]com/2009/04/pakistan-air-force-embraer-phenom.html

(replace the [dot] tags with .)
Hmm I don't see PAF markings on it.

In current Airforces monthly

it states That the first of four Phenom 100's has been handed over to Pakistan Airforce in Brazil at the Manufacturer's HQ on 24th March

They are replacements for the smaller Cessna 172P Skyhawks currently being used

So no they AF cant use bicycles or get a pigybacks from there papa instead

they are for - its states in the magazine - both VIP transport and general Communications flights.

Nice looking Bird though ;-)

Last edited:
I am a bit surprised as to why has the PAF chosen this aircraft and the said manufacturer? Embrarer is located in Brazil and does not have ample ground and spares support network located in and around Pakistan or Asia to say the least. Embraer's main market is the America's where it has an extensive network of repair and spares stations. What will happen when the aircraft needs to be overhauled? All the way to Brazil?? That is a long flight in itself for an aircraft of this size. Secondly, what about ensuring delivery of critical spares without having AOG? It takes a minimum of 5 days of any parts to arrive from Brazil into Pakistan. Last but not the least, why buy an aircraft that is yet to be proven and have a track record of maintenance related issues? Something smells fishy fishy here? Maybe the new ACM could enlighten us?

Transport high gov officals and high armed forces personal!

I am a bit surprised as to why has the PAF chosen this aircraft and the said manufacturer? Embrarer is located in Brazil and does not have ample ground and spares support network located in and around Pakistan or Asia to say the least. Embraer's main market is the America's where it has an extensive network of repair and spares stations. What will happen when the aircraft needs to be overhauled? All the way to Brazil?? That is a long flight in itself for an aircraft of this size. Secondly, what about ensuring delivery of critical spares without having AOG? It takes a minimum of 5 days of any parts to arrive from Brazil into Pakistan. Last but not the least, why buy an aircraft that is yet to be proven and have a track record of maintenance related issues? Something smells fishy fishy here? Maybe the new ACM could enlighten us?

Embraer has a very good reputation in the civil transport market and is increasing its market share by offering quality at a reasonable price!:enjoy:i am sure PAF has ensured the delivery of spares!:enjoy:further its not like this a/c is a front-line asset, its a VIP and communications a/c. so lets keep it at that.:enjoy:

Embraer is a reputed air transport market but you buys should check out Canadian Bombardier..

Embraer has a very good reputation in the civil transport market and is increasing its market share by offering quality at a reasonable price!:enjoy:i am sure PAF has ensured the delivery of spares!:enjoy:further its not like this a/c is a front-line asset, its a VIP and communications a/c. so lets keep it at that.:enjoy:

Embrarer does not have any market share in this region (Asia) where the market is dominated by the likes of American and European manufacturers. Again, in any aircraft the most important factor is the fluent availability of consumables and ground support which is frequently needed. Without having certified air stations in close proximity an aircraft, for whatever purpose its being used front-line or otherwise, becomes very expensive to operate. With around US$4M a piece for 4 aircraft, I think that this investment will erode faster compared to other options which could have been easily utilized in comparison.

You will never buy a Cadillac in Pakistan (no matter what are its credentials) because it has no supportability in the area. Toyota, Suzuki, BMW, Mercedes would be better options for the reasons above. Same logic applies here,:agree:

Embraer delivered the first Phenom 100 jet to Pakistan’s Air Force. The Pakistan government has acquired four of this aircraft model, which will be used to transport government officials of that country.

0a95deb9f9aaf787ee0390be93e3428c.jpg

This is the first Embraer aircraft delivered to a customer in Pakistan, and it is also the first Phenom 100 to be operated by a government. The country’s Air Force chose this model after carrying out a detailed analysis of such aspects as performance, comfort, technology, acquisition price, and operating costs, among others.

The Phenom 100 jet can accommodate up to eight occupants. Its range of 1,178 nautical miles (2,182 km), including NBAA IFR fuel reserves, means the aircraft is capable of flying nonstop from Islamabad (Pakistan) to Karachi (Pakistan) or Katmandu (Nepal), from New York to Miami, in the U.S., or from London to Rome, in Europe.

According to the blog,

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) first Embraer Phenom 100 (out of 4 ordered) is underway for its delivery to Pakistan. Its long journey from Brazil to Pakistan requires several fuel stops, since its range is around 1100nm. The stops it made (since it can be tracked) are the following:
4/4/2009 GEO (Cheddi Jagan, Guyana) - SXM (Saint Martin, Netherlands Antilles)
5/4/2009 SXM - PLS (Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands) - FLL (Fort Lauderdale, USA)
6/4/2009 FLL - ORF (Norfolk, USA) - BGR (Bangor, USA) - YYR (Goose Bay, Canada)
7/4/2009 YYR - UAK (Narsarsuaq, Greenland)
9/4/2009 UAK - RKV (Reykjavík, Iceland) - WIC (Wick, Scotland)
10/4/2009 WIC - GVA (Geneva, Switzerland)
11/4/2009 GVA - ATH - SSH (Sharm el-Sheik, Egypt)
It arrived in Athens yesterday at 12:45L and departed at 15:30L. During the delivery journey and in order to fly quicker and easier (in means of bureaucracy) it had to fly as a private plane. That is why it has the Brazilian registration PT-ZYE (c/n 50000017) and no titles, logos or stickers of the PAF. It is expected to be registered as V-4101 upon delivery to Pakistan.

the plane at athens airport
54d79930902c7b801840bb325591d044.jpg

Embrarer does not have any market share in this region (Asia) where the market is dominated by the likes of American and European manufacturers. Again, in any aircraft the most important factor is the fluent availability of consumables and ground support which is frequently needed. Without having certified air stations in close proximity an aircraft, for whatever purpose its being used front-line or otherwise, becomes very expensive to operate. With around US$4M a piece for 4 aircraft, I think that this investment will erode faster compared to other options which could have been easily utilized in comparison.

You will never buy a Cadillac in Pakistan (no matter what are its credentials) because it has no supportability in the area. Toyota, Suzuki, BMW, Mercedes would be better options for the reasons above. Same logic applies here,:agree:

I don't think finding spares/servicing would be a problem. Look at the attached image, there are authorized centers in China/UAE and Embraer owned service centers in France and Spain.

Complete details and specifications on the Phenom 100 can be found here
Embraer Executive Jets

Back
Top Bottom