What's new

PAF participates in "Red Flag" and "Green Flag"

100811-F-0528C-323.jpg

NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nev.-- (top right) Group Captain Hatmi, Pakistan Air Force briefs fellow crew members prior to participating in Green Flag West 10-9 exercise at Nellis on August 11. The U.S. Air Force is hosting the Pakistan and Royal Saudi Air Force's pilots and support personnel during Green Flag-West exercise August 9 - 20 at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. Green Flag-West provides a realistic air-land integration training environment for joint forces preparing to support of worldwide combat operations. (U.S. Air Force Photo by Lawrence Crespo)

In this picture, Captain Waseem (bottom left) is wearing A-5 patch alongside the Griffin Squadron Patch. A-5s are to be decommissioned within this year or next year max, and replaced with JF-17. I think its a good move to bring along pilots who will be transferring to JF-17s, and training them along-side viper pilots.

Kudos to PAF.

Regards,
Sapper

Well Captain Waseem might be training along side Viper pilots because he might be transferred to Vipers soon.

Well Captain Waseem might be training along side Viper pilots because he might be transferred to Vipers soon.

Actually, i would really like to know what the promotion scene is in PAF.

because in the next year, starting now, we are getting JF-17s and F-16s both of which are way above any F-7s or Mirage we have. So like how are the pilots gonna be distributed among them.

I am sure selecting between JF-17 or F-16, both are tough choice.

Well Jf-17 will be replacing old mirages.So i think pilot of mirages which will be decommissioned will fly JF-17.X-man can tell us more about this.

Actually, i would really like to know what the promotion scene is in PAF.

because in the next year, starting now, we are getting JF-17s and F-16s both of which are way above any F-7s or Mirage we have. So like how are the pilots gonna be distributed among them.

I am sure selecting between JF-17 or F-16, both are tough choice.
here u go

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/25895-how-pilots-assigned-different-squadrons.html

judging by the sheer numbers, paf is no joke:no:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Jf-17 will be replacing old mirages.So i think pilot of mirages which will be decommissioned will fly JF-17.X-man can tell us more about this.

See, thats the case.

JF-17 replaces at least 250 aircrafts among Mirage and F-7 and A5s.

Those total more than 350.

Then we have upcoming 60 f-16s
Then at least 36 j-10s but 2014.

So even if the JF-17 doesn't replace all the 350 aircraft, we have pilots who need to be trained between F-16s, j-10 and JF-17s.

Now who goes where depends alot on the number of aircraft.

As earlier in the nineties it was that simply the best pilots from the Mirage and F-7 squadrons would go to fly the F-16 which was a coveted position to be in.

Now with the coming j-10s and jf-17s there is no such thing as coveted f-16s........thats a whole bunch of new pilots....actually a new breed......right from PAF Academy to CCS.

I mean, after 2015, even the lowest ranking pilot would be flying a capable aircraft like Jf-17 which requires a whole multitude of skills as opposed to simple jet training of F-7s.

@penumbra.....
Dude ROSE upraded Mirages will stay for a little long! And so will the newly bought,upgraded(BVR capable F-7Ps)!

Also PAF is getting 100 plus F-16s kindly do look at the F-16 discussion thread!

And 36 is the initial batch of J-10Bs or FC-20 the number will reach 125-150 jets!

Now 250 or more JF-17s.

Do the math.

penumbra I expect training to gradually improve and become more high tech.Just in 6-9 years PAF will be fully modernized with latest technology.Pilots will also learn how to use datalinks with AWACS etc.

No one said PAF is a joke.

:sniper:

im checking out bharat rakshak for some days-- i guess im spending too much time there!
Just_Cuz_06.gif

i enjoy there threads on pakistani purchses , particularly the free items we are getting
Laie_28.gif

Last edited:
im checking out bharat rakshak for some days-- i guess im spending too much time there!
Just_Cuz_06.gif

Yeah you were on the wrong place. Tell those guys to have a small chat with IAF pilots of 60's and 70's era. They will tell them what is PAF.

:cool:

@penumbra.....
Dude ROSE upraded Mirages will stay for a little long! And so will the newly bought,upgraded(BVR capable F-7Ps)!

Also PAF is getting 100 plus F-16s kindly do look at the F-16 discussion thread!

And 36 is the initial batch of J-10Bs or FC-20 the number will reach 125-150 jets!

Now 250 or more JF-17s.

Do the math.

My fellow member,

Those 100 F-16s are still in the pipeline. Not confirmed. With the floods we might have to cancel them.

Today PAF has 400+ combat aircraft.

Looking at your numbers it means PAF would have 500+ by 2015....that's a tall order and requires improved financing and infrastructure support.

PAF would love to have F-16s but it may not be the cheapest.

Also, no J-10B has currently flown by a PAF squadron, still in testing phase so we really don't know how many will we procure.

Back
Top Bottom