What's new

PAF ordered to shoot down US drones invading Pakistani airspace: Air Chief Sohail Aman

Why so much negativity here... paf will keep its word... strategic realities in world have changed... ain't 2001 any more

Sir, you had good points. USA is the trouble maker, wherever they go, they make problems for countries and their neighbors.
But i don't think that Pak-commander that made this announcement, was stupid or something.

Surely American bullies have threatened Pakistani army/nation in the backdoor talks. Governments are not capable of it at all, they cannot threaten USA, Americans will threaten them in return with sanctions etc. This was a good move by Pak army, since i am sure there was a bold reason for it. Americans are bully b@st@rds,

Anti-terror ops should be done by Pakistani government/army with considering country's long-time interests. Americans on the other hand want trouble, keeping Pak like a political hostage to weaken Iran and China.

Every problem in the region , ME or central Asia, is being orchestrated from Wash.D.C.
our challenge is to come closer and not play in the hands of the haters
there are issues in Baluchistan and Seastan and Afghanistan. Americans are planning the Balkanization of this region. I see that Turkey now sees the true colours of the Americans have Erdogon has even made efforts towards Iran, Russia and Syria for peace and understanding

I pray that I see in my lifetime that Saudis and Iranians can make some peace with each other.

for those who think Pakistan doesn't have balls they should ask Soviet Union, another super power of that time with over 100000 soldiers in Afghanistan.

If they finally decide to shoot down the drones, i suggest to do it with JF-17 :D good marketing for our fighter

I pray that I see in my lifetime that Saudis and Iranians can make some peace with each other.
Well, a hard task when you want peace but the other side wants war.

I hope you know that Iran has never threatened them, just keeps the deterrence against USA's presence in the region. Iran is ready to mediate and end the Saudi-Yemen war, other side is not willing for peace.

I pray to see military cooperation between Iran and Pakistan, some military/civilian trade. Ale-Saud doesn't have independent policy otherwise we could make agreements with them.

For glory sake... for vengeance sake

I dont believe PAF chief as ever made such a statement before? If they have can you point me towards it? I remember a statement few years back where the chief said we have the capability if government gives the nod, we will shoot it down.
Now if the media is quoting him out of context than perhaps but the article clearly quotes him as saying we are given orders to shoot it down unless if he means we will shoot it down if given orders?

I remember the same article in which he mentioned that we have the capability to down any drone. An, if you remember, the Army airdefence shot down a drone in an exercise during the tenure of the previous army chief. That being said, I do not question the capability of the PAF to shoot down a drone but these statements have to be taken with a pinch of salt. We have heard lots of angry statements directed at the U.S. in the past and then found out that we were indeed assisting them in their operations. It is my view that such statements are meant for local consumption or for people across the eastern border.

For glory sake... for vengeance sake
OMG!

It's amazing to see how Americans justify their presence in the region in their hollywood movies... and stupids worship them like slaves.

@BHarwana :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No one can make them understand, USA is a necessary catastrophe for his kind.

@Mrc Have fun with your American saviors :partay::partay::partay:

@Mrc Meanwhile Americans saved you , Qataris , from Trump's imposed blockade.

Enjoy :
2130177.jpg

Last edited:
It'd be the day if they do though. That'll be the day that the nation finally grows some balls.

Well its not a matter of balls. It's more like don't pick a fight with the biggest bully on the playground unless you have a death wish.

Pakistan always had the power to destroy any Drone intruding it's airspace but political clearance wasn't there. So far I know most of drone attack carried out on border area in coordination with Pakistan. But recent events tells Pakistan US relationship is in tangled.

Pakistan always had the power to destroy any Drone intruding it's airspace but political clearance wasn't there. So far I know most of drone attack carried out on border area in coordination with Pakistan. But recent events tells Pakistan US relationship is in tangled.

Is your AD force separated from PAF? or your AD operates under PAF? and when Air Chief Marshal says they've been ordered to shoot down any drones he meant by air force only? 'cause I've not seen anything from your AD forces commanders.
Air Chief is actually commander Air defence
btw army also has its own air defence branch

Well, I won't say more than one incontrovertible fact. PAF has taken more "kills" from homegrown bandits then anything Indian Airforce have inflicted in last 40 years. They knocked out PC-Orion recon aircraft and even Pakistan's AWACs - the Swedish SAAB 2000 Erieye.

And these "fanboys" want to take on USAF. If a man can't hold his pants up he can't be expected to fight too well. Me thinks.

pns_mehran_may23f.jpg

87_may31a.jpg

223818-PNSMerhanBlast-1312397785-357-640x480.jpg

https://tribune.com.pk/story/223818...fficials-underway-in-mehran-base-attack-case/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paf-...uring-attack-at-minhas-repairable-mod.203814/
? Mehran base has nothing to do with airforce it is a naval base and these jets were for maritime security.
Secondly , for airforce kamra base got attacked , the army chief also talked about kamra talk and increased security. All these attacks had happened 6-7 years back and alhamdulillah since then we did not suffer again.
On the contrary usa airbases have been attacked regularly by poorly armed rag tag taliban fighters in afghanistan resulting in them losing many aircrafts.

Point being when you are fighting asymmetrical warfare you can end up on this side, but the key is the how future protective precautions that we did take. The airforce Usaf whose name and f22s u needed to mention , even thye could not protect their airbases despite many attacks, our rfeord still holds better compared to them.
Now coming to drone attacks then no usa can not send its f 22s to cover its drones else they know they will get no support in afghan mess from pakistan and americans will continue to enjoy arse roasting they are already getting by talibans.

After salalah attack some months later america did apologize to us and was comstantly seeking reopening of nato routes. Somits not simple as u might see in ur video games some fancy f22s giving cover to drones.

The statement could be a lip service though its a bit startling that why AF chief had to say it directly and not go through a formal channel that is let the FOreign office speak.

He could just be doing lip service but we will know when time comes, apparently the statement comes in the wake of recently made drone strikes that happened few days back.

OMG!

It's amazing to see how Americans justify their presence in the region in their hollywood movies... and stupids worship them like slaves.

@BHarwana :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No one can make them understand, USA is a necessary catastrophe for his kind.

@Mrc Have fun with your American saviors :partay::partay::partay:

After 9/11 America started a war on Terror and justified it's invasion of Afghanistan. World showed solidarity with it as many Americans died in those attacks. USA has a strange habit of extending it's agenda after OBL was killed and Al-Qaida was finished USA is now extending that agenda good but every country has it interests. Pakistan has so long supported American cause in the name of civilized world but current American policies are not civilized at all and in the name of maintaining a peaceful civilization American drones had to be shot down that is the ground reality. Mantttis has failed to achieve what he came for it is clear from the messages that are coming after the visit and USA has lost an ally Pakistan to some extend the situation is moving in that direction. Pakistan's growing closeness to Iran. Anti American messages coming from both Pakistan and Turkish administrations are signaling a change in the region.

If they say they will shoot down American drone they will there is no doubt in that. Pakistan Military never uses propaganda directly it has other means to convey these statement. This message was delivered by Air Chief and he is an Authority and has better understanding of affairs than any one else and his message says that they have been ordered that means that the order came from some one higher than him and that might be COAS.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom