What's new

PAF ordered to shoot down US drones invading Pakistani airspace: Air Chief Sohail Aman

Only words ..!!
https://www.express.pk/story/1019128/
پاک فضائیہ کے سربراہ ایئرچیف مارشل سہیل امان کا کہنا ہے کہ امریکی ڈرون طیاروںکی خلاف ورزی پر بتادیا ہے کہ ملکی حدود میں آئے تو مارگرائیں گے۔

اسلام آباد میں تقریب سے خطاب کرتے ہوئے سربراہ پاک فضائیہ ائیرچیف مارشل سہیل امان کا کہنا تھا کہ کامرہ ائیربیس پر حملہ ائیرفورس کی تاریخ کا سب بڑا حملہ اور افسوسناک ترین سانحہ تھا، ہم نے اٗس سانحے میں بڑا نقصان اٹھایا مگر ہمت نہیں ہاری، ہم نے ہمت اور حوصلے کے ساتھ شدت پسندی کے خلاف کوششیں جاری رکھیں اور پاک فضائیہ کو پہلے سے زیادہ مضبوط بنادیا۔ جو امن درجنوں ممالک نہیں لاسکے ہم لے کر آئے اور اس کا اعتراف بھارتی عسکری حکام نے بھی کیا۔

ائیرچیف مارشل کا کہنا تھا کہ کامرہ بیس حملے میں دہشت گردوں نے ایک ساب ائیرکرافٹ طیارہ مکمل تباہ جب کہ دوسرے کو جزوی نقصان پہنچایا، ان طیاروں کو بنانے کے لئے عالمی ادارے نے 287 ملین ڈالرز مانگے لیکن وہی طیارے ہمارے نوجوانوں، انجینئر اور سائنسدانوں نے صرف 25 ملین ڈالرز میں ہی دوبارہ پرواز کے لئے تیار کرلئے اور پاکستان ساب جہازوں کی 5ویں سرٹیفکیشن ایجنسی بن گیا ہے، کامرہ ائیربیس حملے کے بعد ہم نے ناصرف ائیرفورس کو ہرلحاظ سے مضبوط کیا بلکہ پاکستان کو ہر لحاظ سے خود کفیل کرنے کا عزم کرلیا، اب ہم خود جنگی جہاز بنائیں گے اور ائیرٹیکنالوجی کی بھیک بھی نہیں مانگنی پڑے گی۔ پاکستان سالانہ 16 سے 20 جے ایف 17 تھنڈر طیارے بنارہا ہے۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ پاکستان میں ٹیلنٹ کی کمی نہیں، ہرفرد قوم کی ترقی کا ذریعہ ہے صرف بہترین دماغوں کو رستہ متعین کرنے کی ضرورت ہے۔

سربراہ پاک فضائیہ نے کہا کہ ہمارا خطہ چیلنجز اور انتہائی مشکلات سے دوچار رہا ہے، کئی ممالک میں معاشی مفاد اور دیگر عناصر اثر انداز ہوتے رہے جب کہ پاکستان کو اپنے ہی پڑوسی ممالک نے نقصان پہنچانے کی کوشش کی جس میں سرفہرست بھارت ہے اور کامرہ ائیربیس پر حملے کے پیچھے بھی بھارت کا ہی ہاتھ تھا کیوں کہ دہشت گردوں کو جہازوں سے کیا لینا تھا تاہم ہم اپنے ہمسائے تبدیل نہیں کرسکتے۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ کسی بھی ملک میں مرضی کی جمہوریت نہیں لائی جاسکتی اور ناہی جمہوریت ہرایک ملک کا حل ہے اس کی مثال عراق اور لیبیا کی صورت ہمارے پاس موجود ہے، معمر قذافی اور صدام حسین کے جانے کے بعد دونوں ممالک میں کیا ہوا، کیا وہاں جمہوریت آگئی۔​
why should they shoot it down? PAF has right to do so if

if its in restricted space
flying over settled areas
and also be prepared to where such event escalates to.

otherwise they continue to operate in Tribal areas as hey have been doing over a decade.
there are claims that US Drones were used on request of Pakistan for spying before Red mosque operations too.

but why should that happen is beyond me other than if there are open hostilities but as far as I know American allies in the Middle east KSA and Israel are insisting on attacking Iran.

why should they shoot it down? PAF has right to do so if

if its in restricted space
flying over settled areas
and also be prepared to where such event escalates to.

otherwise they continue to operate in Tribal areas as hey have been doing over a decade.
there are claims that US Drones were used on request of Pakistan for spying before Red mosque operations too.

but why should that happen is beyond me other than if there are open hostilities but as far as I know American allies in the Middle east KSA and Israel are insisting on attacking Iran.

What if currently, reading mattis and trump, drones are used for show of power and bullying as sometimes back then but now we are in good position means it has to be made clear about any hostile action.

Public opinion & appeasement are the only reasons this statement was made.

What if currently, reading mattis and trump, drones are used for show of power and bullying as sometimes back then but now we are in good position means it has to be made clear about any hostile action.
I would have completely rubbished the possibility of such misadventure but the worse example we have is Salala attack which was premeditated and deliberate. Trump is volatile he has stirred the Hornets nest in Middle east already so I don't know if he wants to start something in this part of the world as well too (but his strings are being pulled by warmongers he is just a front).

but I still ask myself why would they do such a thing? are they arseholes? unless if they have no interest in peace in Afghanistan and want to extend the war into Pakistan as well. its time to announce our disengagement from their war on terror as well and on the diplomatic front appraise the world leaders that American actions are purely for destabilization, Opium plantation is taking place under the supervision of CIA, Daesh has established it self. Americans demand Pakistan help in bringing Taliban to the peace table and then they demand action against them simultaneously and assassinate the participating taliban leaders

in the region their former ally Hamid Karzai is blaming Americans for bringing Daesh via helicopters into Afghanistan from the middle east.

our air chief shouldnt be making such statements, let government make such comments via foreign office and make a policy decison of getting out of American war of terror

I would have completely rubbished the possibility of such misadventure but the worse example we have is Salala attack which was premeditated and deliberate. Trump is volatile he has stirred the Hornets nest in Middle east already so I don't know if he wants to start something in this part of the world as well too (but his strings are being pulled by warmongers he is just a front).

but I still ask myself why would they do such a thing? are they arseholes? unless if they have no interest in peace in Afghanistan and want to extend the war into Pakistan as well. its time to announce our disengagement from their war on terror as well and on the diplomatic front appraise the world leaders that American actions are purely for destabilization, Opium plantation is taking place under the supervision of CIA, Daesh has established it self. Americans demand Pakistan help in bringing Taliban to the peace table and then they demand action against them simultaneously and assassinate the participating taliban leaders

in the region their former ally Hamid Karzai is blaming Americans for bringing Daesh via helicopters into Afghanistan from the middle east.

our air chief shouldnt be making such statements, let government make such comments via foreign office and make a policy decison of getting out of American war of terror

Sir, what I observe from all the developments and Trump's approach in many subjects, seems like he is all out to create a mess as he promised against presidency behind backdoors during campaign.

It can be observed from analytical point of view that as per current US strategy, doesn't seem like Trump is serious by any mean for Afghan peace hence, as the war and destabilization is planned for the region to contain Russia, China & Pakistan in one go; US will definitely like the fire be flamed in the region. What Trump did in M.E is all of a try firstly to keep a check in any growing opposing power and secure Israel as much as it can and on the same time, it is well documented that nowhere Israel is friendly to Pakistan, alongwith Russia & China the US will not leave us to live freely in the region. US war on terrorism and drugs is all about serving its own agenda and speaking of opium; that said it has to bear all expenses of the same war where proxies are used as cannon fodders while black money earned by illegal means to be spent upon same pawns resulting as win win without any trace of expenses.

The peace talk and all efforts now seems to be well designed strategy to invite Taliban leadership out in open and then hunt them as above all, there is no such intention to make any peace at all.

I do agree with you assessment w.r.t. all above subjects that are not going away being suspicious in nature due to unfolding events. The same ISIS which was a headache since long with all the fighting force and weaponry, surprisingly in over night if I may say, turned into a defeated cancer yet hundreds of fighters rises up in Afghanistan. Karzai spoke as such only a bit part of all the game as I observe.

May be civilian leadership try to not to come a front due to many reasons including the usual favour of D.C as these corrupts forms Government everytime. I do agree that ACM shouldn't be issuing such kind of statement but seems like he merely disclosed about the orders or in other words, what if military is being tired of duplicitous yet weak foreign strategy of ruling class that defames Military when it comes to take action about subject. I don't expect much of aggressive approach from civilian leadership especially when it comes to deal with US or other influential parties per say. I may refer what Tillerson disclosed as D.C is worried about threats to PMLn Government (If I remember such statement came during Khawaja Asif visit to US and Courts were nailing NS for corruption and all).

Seeing ACM speaking as such, to me, seems like something seriously observed, spoken or a threat is received by any channel hence, necessary to show reaction. Also, in my opinion the same could be the wind of change in our policy w.r.t. US war in Afghanistan defaming Pakistan every time for so-called Talis inside Pakistan.

Edit: Just for the reference, lastly we read about an F-22 mission in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Chief of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman has said that the PAF has been given orders to shoot down any drones, including those of the US, if they violate the country’s airspace.

Talking to an audience in Islamabad, Aman said that the attack on Kamra Air Base was the biggest and most unfortunate tragedy in the PAF’s history.

“We suffered a lot of losses in the incident but did not lose our morale. In fact, we have continued the fight against extremism with unflinching vigor and resolve since then, transforming the PAF into a much stronger force.”

Talking about the terror threat emanating from Afghanistan, the air chief was of the opinion that where dozens of countries in the world had failed, the PAF had been successful in bringing about peace.

“Even Indian defence officials attest to our successes on the battlefield,” Aman boasted.

The PAF chief also informed the gathering that in the attack on Kamra Air Base, terrorists managed to destroy one PAF SAB plane completely, and also inflicted considerable damage upon another.

“An international organisation wanted $287 million to to cover the material damage that the PAF sustained in the attack, but Pakistan’s bright, young scientists and engineers added two new, fully-functioning fighter planes to our fleet at a fraction of the cost,” Aman said.

“After the attack on Kamra Air Base, not only did we set out to make the PAF better and stronger, but we were also determined to guide the nation towards self-sufficiency. Now, Pakistan will make its own fighter jets.”

He also stressed that there was no shortage of talent in the country, but rather that the keen minds present here needed a platform on which to showcase their exceptional talents to the world.

Discussing security issues at large, the PAF chief noted that the region the country was based in was beset by different challenges and difficulties at the moment.

“Pakistan is unfortunate in the sense that our neighbours are trying to harm us. India, being our sworn enemy, was behind the attack on Kamran Air Base. What do terrorists want from PAF planes?” he asked.

We cannot, though, change our neighbours, Aman lamented.

“No outside power can engineer a democracy inside a country, nor is democracy the solution to every problem. Examples in Iraq and Libya are in front of us. After the fall of Qaddafi and Saddam, what happened in these countries? Did they get democracy?” Sohail Aman said while talking about Middle Eastern affairs.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/157834...ing-pakistani-airspace-air-chief-sohail-aman/

Chief of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman has said that the PAF has been given orders to shoot down any drones, including those of the US, if they violate the country’s airspace.

Talking to an audience in Islamabad, Aman said that the attack on Kamra Air Base was the biggest and most unfortunate tragedy in the PAF’s history.

“We suffered a lot of losses in the incident but did not lose our morale. In fact, we have continued the fight against extremism with unflinching vigor and resolve since then, transforming the PAF into a much stronger force.”

Talking about the terror threat emanating from Afghanistan, the air chief was of the opinion that where dozens of countries in the world had failed, the PAF had been successful in bringing about peace.

“Even Indian defence officials attest to our successes on the battlefield,” Aman boasted.

The PAF chief also informed the gathering that in the attack on Kamra Air Base, terrorists managed to destroy one PAF SAB plane completely, and also inflicted considerable damage upon another.

“An international organisation wanted $287 million to to cover the material damage that the PAF sustained in the attack, but Pakistan’s bright, young scientists and engineers added two new, fully-functioning fighter planes to our fleet at a fraction of the cost,” Aman said.

“After the attack on Kamra Air Base, not only did we set out to make the PAF better and stronger, but we were also determined to guide the nation towards self-sufficiency. Now, Pakistan will make its own fighter jets.”

He also stressed that there was no shortage of talent in the country, but rather that the keen minds present here needed a platform on which to showcase their exceptional talents to the world.

Discussing security issues at large, the PAF chief noted that the region the country was based in was beset by different challenges and difficulties at the moment.

“Pakistan is unfortunate in the sense that our neighbours are trying to harm us. India, being our sworn enemy, was behind the attack on Kamran Air Base. What do terrorists want from PAF planes?” he asked.

We cannot, though, change our neighbours, Aman lamented.

“No outside power can engineer a democracy inside a country, nor is democracy the solution to every problem. Examples in Iraq and Libya are in front of us. After the fall of Qaddafi and Saddam, what happened in these countries? Did they get democracy?” Sohail Aman said while talking about Middle Eastern affairs.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/157834...ing-pakistani-airspace-air-chief-sohail-aman/
@The Eagle how many more threads are we going t have on this topic?

@Kaptaan Forgive me for my urdu but here it goes
Chief saab nay yay public consumption kay liyay ka-ha hai.
Agar kuch kerna hota to ker day-tay without talking
Action or words.

Strategic interests of US does not allow it to create an enemy out of Pakistan.
Strategic interests will not allow us to shoot down the drone. As our esteemed member Mugwop said

@Kaptaan Forgive me for my urdu but here it goesChief saab nay yay public consumption kay liyay ka-ha hai.
Agar kuch kerna hota to ker day-tay without talking

*And Mugwop you are more than forgiven. If I tried it in Urdu I would have the entire forum wondering what is the fool on about.

Can somebody translate ?

Btw why threat Americans in Urdu, use English if you want them to understand and keep off :wave:

LOL Look who is dying to decipher what is written in an Urdu newspaper. Keep guessing.

Some of these drones can be brought down with a lucky shot with these -

857018_o3211.jpg

However the problem is how would USA react to this - that is the problem. What if the USAF sends drones with F-22 Raptors giving cover to them?

Air force ordered to shoot down US drones invading Pakistani airspace: Air Chief Sohail Aman
3 hours ago BY News Desk
pafchief-1512639523-103-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Chief of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman has said that the PAF has been directed to shoot down any drones, including those of the US, if they violate the country’s airspace.

Aman, talking to an audience in Islamabad, said that the attack on Kamra Air Base was the biggest and most unfortunate tragedy in the PAF’s history.

Speaking about terror threat emanating from Afghanistan, the air chief said that many countries have failed in the war against terror, however, Pakistan was successful in bringing about peace.

The PAF chief also informed the gathering that in the attack on Kamra Air Base, terrorists managed to destroy one PAF SAB plane completely, and also inflicted considerable damage.

“An international organisation wanted $287 million to cover the material damage that the PAF sustained in the attack, but Pakistan’s bright, young scientists and engineers added two new fully-functioning SAB planes to our fleet at a fraction of the cost,” Aman said.

“After the attack on Kamra Air Base, not only did we set out to make the PAF better and stronger, but were also determined to guide the nations towards self-sufficiency. Now, Pakistan will make its own fighter jets.”

Stressing that there was no shortage of talent in the country, he said that people here needed a platform on which to showcase their exceptional talents to the world.

Discussing security issues at large, the PAF chief said that Pakistan is located in region which is facing many challenges and difficulties at the moment.

“We cannot, though, change our neighbours,” Aman lamented.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...ing-pakistani-airspace-air-chief-sohail-aman/

I think Pakistan has today reached a point where US drones are going to be shot down.

There is a very clear threat emanating from this new clown administration in the US. We are also not on the same page on any given issue. In fact, Trumpland is seeking hostility with half the world. Something is brewing.

Time will tell whether PAF will shoot down a US drone. We have heard it all before. If these are words meant for PR consumption we will find out soon enough. I'll only give them kudos once it happens.

Make no mistake. Trumpland is going to resort to drone strikes. It's only a matter of time.

Last edited:
Some of these drones can be brought down with a lucky shot with these -

857018_o3211.jpg

However the problem is how would USA react to this - that is the problem. What if the USAF sends drones with F-22 Raptors giving cover to them?
Is your AD force separated from PAF? or your AD operates under PAF? and when Air Chief Marshal says they've been ordered to shoot down any drones he meant by air force only? 'cause I've not seen anything from your AD forces commanders.

Sir, you had good points. USA is the trouble maker, wherever they go, they make problems for countries and their neighbors.
But i don't think that Pak-commander that made this announcement, was stupid or something.

Surely American bullies have threatened Pakistani army/nation in the backdoor talks. Governments are not capable of it at all, they cannot threaten USA, Americans will threaten them in return with sanctions etc. This was a good move by Pak army, since i am sure there was a bold reason for it. Americans are bully b@st@rds,

Anti-terror ops should be done by Pakistani government/army with considering country's long-time interests. Americans on the other hand want trouble, keeping Pak like a political hostage to weaken Iran and China.

Every problem in the region , ME or central Asia, is being orchestrated from Wash.D.C.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom