What's new

PAF ordered to shoot down US drones invading Pakistani airspace: Air Chief Sohail Aman

Does it really happen in your airbases?
Well, I won't say more than one incontrovertible fact. PAF has taken more "kills" from homegrown bandits then anything Indian Airforce have inflicted in last 40 years. They knocked out PC-Orion recon aircraft and even Pakistan's AWACs - the Swedish SAAB 2000 Erieye.

And these "fanboys" want to take on USAF. If a man can't hold his pants up he can't be expected to fight too well. Me thinks.

pns_mehran_may23f.jpg

87_may31a.jpg

223818-PNSMerhanBlast-1312397785-357-640x480.jpg

https://tribune.com.pk/story/223818...fficials-underway-in-mehran-base-attack-case/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paf-...uring-attack-at-minhas-repairable-mod.203814/

I doubt the present government has anything to do with it. As far as I can see, those lots are in disarray themselves. Most likely, these statements are for local audience. I doubt that Pak's military leadership will suddenly shoot down a US drone.
It'd be the day if they do though. That'll be the day that the nation finally grows some balls.

Honestly, bombast asides I would ask the air chief before he takes on the Americans can he please, please secure the damned PAF airbases from "miscreants" attacking and destroying millions of dollars worth of public property. I mean can you keep out bad guys entering the airbases never mind preventing others entering Pak airspace.

He can't hold out these guys. FFS ...

Taliban-capture-Ghormach-district.jpg

But he is going to take on these

1200px-F-35A_flight_%28cropped%29.jpg

Well! .... one of these two is a twin engine and the other one is single engine (and that is the reason behind the difference in approach) :enjoy:

I doubt the present government has anything to do with it. As far as I can see, those lots are in disarray themselves. Most likely, these statements are for local audience. I doubt that Pak's military leadership will suddenly shoot down a US drone.
I dont believe PAF chief as ever made such a statement before? If they have can you point me towards it? I remember a statement few years back where the chief said we have the capability if government gives the nod, we will shoot it down.
Now if the media is quoting him out of context than perhaps but the article clearly quotes him as saying we are given orders to shoot it down unless if he means we will shoot it down if given orders?

Honestly, bombast asides I would ask the air chief before he takes on the Americans can he please, please secure the damned PAF airbases from "miscreants" attacking and destroying millions of dollars worth of public property. I mean can you keep out bad guys entering the airbases never mind preventing others entering Pak airspace.

He can't hold out these guys. FFS ...

Taliban-capture-Ghormach-district.jpg

But he is going to take on these

1200px-F-35A_flight_%28cropped%29.jpg
I dont know what point you are trying to make but PAF chief hasnt said anything that is beyond the capability of PAF. A slow moving drone can be shot down whenever the government decides to give go a head. What you are talking about are possible repercussions of such an action however let me remind you that even Iran cannot take on an F-22 however that did not stop Iran from capturing US drone that was spying on Iran.

What is wrong with you? I stated facts. What is so disgraceful about that, dear? Disgraceful is that PAF failed to secure it's own aircraft from terrorists. And lost hundreds of millioms of public assets in PC-03 and Saab 200 Erieye Awacs aircrafts. That is a sin.
k

I am just amazed by how some of my countrymen like to belittle their own country and its armed forces when it comes to US and West.

Drones were operating in Pakistani air space with permission from Pakistani state. This is no secret, WikiLeaks cables proved that. Hence we used to see the statements from the PAF like "We can shoot down the drones if govt. asks us to"

This statement is different, now it is "will shoot down" rather than "can shoot down". So it is clear that the permission given to CIA and US to operate their armed drones within Pakistani airspace has been taken back. Most probably we will not see any drones strikes in near future unless we reach another understanding with the US.

It does not mean that we are going to War with US. And no F-22s won't be attacking PAF basses in retaliation. We are not Yemen or Somalia, we are still a major non-Nato ally. Strategic interests of US does not allow it to create an enemy out of Pakistan.

that was a PN aircraft not PAFs

Most probably it is response to the threat which CIA director gave few days. It is to give them a shut up call , that is how these things work. Americans and Pakistan is not going to get in to confrontation any time it is all part of pressure building tactics by both side to achieve their objectives.

Only words ..!!
https://www.express.pk/story/1019128/
پاک فضائیہ کے سربراہ ایئرچیف مارشل سہیل امان کا کہنا ہے کہ امریکی ڈرون طیاروںکی خلاف ورزی پر بتادیا ہے کہ ملکی حدود میں آئے تو مارگرائیں گے۔

اسلام آباد میں تقریب سے خطاب کرتے ہوئے سربراہ پاک فضائیہ ائیرچیف مارشل سہیل امان کا کہنا تھا کہ کامرہ ائیربیس پر حملہ ائیرفورس کی تاریخ کا سب بڑا حملہ اور افسوسناک ترین سانحہ تھا، ہم نے اٗس سانحے میں بڑا نقصان اٹھایا مگر ہمت نہیں ہاری، ہم نے ہمت اور حوصلے کے ساتھ شدت پسندی کے خلاف کوششیں جاری رکھیں اور پاک فضائیہ کو پہلے سے زیادہ مضبوط بنادیا۔ جو امن درجنوں ممالک نہیں لاسکے ہم لے کر آئے اور اس کا اعتراف بھارتی عسکری حکام نے بھی کیا۔

ائیرچیف مارشل کا کہنا تھا کہ کامرہ بیس حملے میں دہشت گردوں نے ایک ساب ائیرکرافٹ طیارہ مکمل تباہ جب کہ دوسرے کو جزوی نقصان پہنچایا، ان طیاروں کو بنانے کے لئے عالمی ادارے نے 287 ملین ڈالرز مانگے لیکن وہی طیارے ہمارے نوجوانوں، انجینئر اور سائنسدانوں نے صرف 25 ملین ڈالرز میں ہی دوبارہ پرواز کے لئے تیار کرلئے اور پاکستان ساب جہازوں کی 5ویں سرٹیفکیشن ایجنسی بن گیا ہے، کامرہ ائیربیس حملے کے بعد ہم نے ناصرف ائیرفورس کو ہرلحاظ سے مضبوط کیا بلکہ پاکستان کو ہر لحاظ سے خود کفیل کرنے کا عزم کرلیا، اب ہم خود جنگی جہاز بنائیں گے اور ائیرٹیکنالوجی کی بھیک بھی نہیں مانگنی پڑے گی۔ پاکستان سالانہ 16 سے 20 جے ایف 17 تھنڈر طیارے بنارہا ہے۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ پاکستان میں ٹیلنٹ کی کمی نہیں، ہرفرد قوم کی ترقی کا ذریعہ ہے صرف بہترین دماغوں کو رستہ متعین کرنے کی ضرورت ہے۔

سربراہ پاک فضائیہ نے کہا کہ ہمارا خطہ چیلنجز اور انتہائی مشکلات سے دوچار رہا ہے، کئی ممالک میں معاشی مفاد اور دیگر عناصر اثر انداز ہوتے رہے جب کہ پاکستان کو اپنے ہی پڑوسی ممالک نے نقصان پہنچانے کی کوشش کی جس میں سرفہرست بھارت ہے اور کامرہ ائیربیس پر حملے کے پیچھے بھی بھارت کا ہی ہاتھ تھا کیوں کہ دہشت گردوں کو جہازوں سے کیا لینا تھا تاہم ہم اپنے ہمسائے تبدیل نہیں کرسکتے۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ کسی بھی ملک میں مرضی کی جمہوریت نہیں لائی جاسکتی اور ناہی جمہوریت ہرایک ملک کا حل ہے اس کی مثال عراق اور لیبیا کی صورت ہمارے پاس موجود ہے، معمر قذافی اور صدام حسین کے جانے کے بعد دونوں ممالک میں کیا ہوا، کیا وہاں جمہوریت آگئی۔​

When we do have other options quoting same news in English, it is better to post in English so that every reader can understand and take part as per interest.

PAF ordered to shoot down US drones invading Pakistani airspace: Air Chief Sohail Aman

By News Desk
Published: December 7, 2017

1578345-pafchief-1512639523-103-640x480.jpg

Air Chief Marshal Soahil Aman. PHOTO: FILE PHOTO

Chief of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman has said that the PAF has been given orders to shoot down any drones, including those of the US, if they violate the country’s airspace.

Talking to an audience in Islamabad, Aman said that the attack on Kamra Air Base was the biggest and most unfortunate tragedy in the PAF’s history.

“We suffered a lot of losses in the incident but did not lose our morale. In fact, we have continued the fight against extremism with unflinching vigor and resolve since then, transforming the PAF into a much stronger force.”

Talking about the terror threat emanating from Afghanistan, the air chief was of the opinion that where dozens of countries in the world had failed, the PAF had been successful in bringing about peace.

“Even Indian defence officials attest to our successes on the battlefield,” Aman boasted.

The PAF chief also informed the gathering that in the attack on Kamra Air Base, terrorists managed to destroy one PAF SAB plane completely, and also inflicted considerable damage upon another.

“An international organisation wanted $287 million to to cover the material damage that the PAF sustained in the attack, but Pakistan’s bright, young scientists and engineers added two new, fully-functioning fighter planes to our fleet at a fraction of the cost,” Aman said.

“After the attack on Kamra Air Base, not only did we set out to make the PAF better and stronger, but we were also determined to guide the nation towards self-sufficiency. Now, Pakistan will make its own fighter jets.”

He also stressed that there was no shortage of talent in the country, but rather that the keen minds present here needed a platform on which to showcase their exceptional talents to the world.

Discussing security issues at large, the PAF chief noted that the region the country was based in was beset by different challenges and difficulties at the moment.

“Pakistan is unfortunate in the sense that our neighbours are trying to harm us. India, being our sworn enemy, was behind the attack on Kamran Air Base. What do terrorists want from PAF planes?” he asked.

We cannot, though, change our neighbours, Aman lamented.

“No outside power can engineer a democracy inside a country, nor is democracy the solution to every problem. Examples in Iraq and Libya are in front of us. After the fall of Qaddafi and Saddam, what happened in these countries? Did they get democracy?” Sohail Aman said while talking about Middle Eastern affairs.

Btw why threat Americans in Urdu, use English if you want them to understand and keep off :wave:

They had it the way they understands contrary to Indian logic to convey a message through PDF in English.

Ominous. Means Mad Dog made his threat of further drone strike. And he was told that they would be shot down.
A drone shoot down is nothing special.
Problem is when we face manned aircraft. Like Strike Eagles.

Hope they have asked China for J-20’s.

**** this is not good.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom