What's new

Featured PAF Kicks Off Motorway Operations 2020

On one side you admit that such operations involve certain risk and then ridicule on FOD claim...suggest you discuss this with some one like Kaiser Tufail....besides if the exercise is only meant to train ground crew for combat aircraft then i wonder what is the purpose of landing the likes of K-8 or Mashak aircraft on motorways.
KT has been wrong about a number of issues before, and @airomerix is a lot more up-to-date with current PAF scenarios than the ex-PAF officers.

Landing a Viper on the motorway is no issue as its landing speed is controllable with less risk, it just never came to a point of having it exercised on the motorway. Mirages and F-7s I'd imagine are a lot more tricky to land because of their high-speed.

The same FOD that is ingested by F-7s and Mirages, the same can be ingested by Vipers. Vipers have landed in other countries around the world and FOD risk was of the same level as it would be in Pakistan.

KT has been wrong about a number of issues before, and @airomerix is a lot more up-to-date with current PAF scenarios than the ex-PAF officers.

Landing a Viper on the motorway is no issue as its landing speed is controllable with less risk, it just never came to a point of having it exercised on the motorway. Mirages and F-7s I'd imagine are a lot more tricky to land because of their high-speed.

The same FOD that is ingested by F-7s and Mirages, the same can be ingested by Vipers. Vipers have landed in other countries around the world and FOD risk was of the same level as it would be in Pakistan.
Rather odd.....someone who probably never sat in a Viper knows more about it than someone who flew it for a decade. Personal vendetta shouldn't come in the way of when making any judgement. Cheers.

Rather odd.....someone who probably never sat in a Viper knows more about it than someone who flew it for a decade. Personal vendetta shouldn't come in the way of when making any judgement. Cheers.
Well I am basing it off some of the Viper drivers I know back in Pak and one fortunately at home. No doubt, I didn't reach a decade in Vipers (nor did KT if that is the reference) other than a few months. There is no personal vendetta here, we are all just adding info. Cheers.

Well I am basing it off some of the Viper drivers I know back in Pak and one fortunately at home. No doubt, I didn't reach a decade in Vipers (nor did KT if that is the reference) other than a few months. There is no personal vendetta here, we are all just adding info. Cheers.
I wasn't talking about you as individual. :P

I wasn't talking about you as individual. :P
F-16 is a nazook plane (on the ground)

If I have limited nazook planes I will not risk it landing on a MW. It can for sure Land on any strip of paved land and the F-16 is 10x easier to fly than the F-7 or Mirage.

Those aging old bstrds fly like p!gs with wings at low speed.

Let him post pictures, please. PDF is less fun without him. :D

As for KT, he is a respectable man. But just like Shahid Latif, all he knows about PAF has been either written, or already been told to the media (excluding secret information)

PAF has been practicing it since early 80's, only it was never advertised before.

Let him post pictures, please. PDF is less fun without him. :D

As for KT, he is a respectable man. But just like Shahid Latif, all he knows about PAF has been either written, or already been told to the media (excluding secret information)
Oh well, next time i will add the likes of C-130Js imminent delivery or everything from Typhoons , Rafales , F-15s coming to Pakistan for an exercise....:D
BTW, KT was the only retired officer recalled to AHQ for full debrief on Swift Retort.

Oh well, next time i will add the likes of C-130Js imminent delivery or everything from Typhoons , Rafales , F-15s coming to Pakistan for an exercise....:D
BTW, KT was the only retired officer recalled to AHQ for full debrief on Swift Retort.
Really, not even the last ACM?

The quality and maintenance of Pakistani highways are the reason. Pakistanis make beautiful highways that deteriorate rapidly due to lack of continuous maintenance. There’s no reason why JF-17 and F-16 can’t use the motorway, except for incompetence on the part of Pakistani authorities.

I talkes to a Pakistani engineer years ago about the bad state of the motorways compared to Other parts of the world. He replied ' How much do they spend on maintenance compared to here?.'

Back
Top Bottom