What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

thanks for your advise, i will reconsider about buying from ebay

by the way, i don't buy faulty kind of stuff. I usually buy brand new boxed or at mint condition. I don't believe in 3 years old kind of equipments so probably that is the reason i never had any complaints from ebayers

Will try to look other sites, if i can find with somewhat similar price.....will definitely go for it

Thanks a lot for your time Sir

I agree with 'truth, no emotions' on this matter. The problem with buying online is that you are never sure you are getting the right stuff with proper warranty. So, for something as expensive as camera gear, I find that paying the extra bit premium helps. I have also found amazon to give the best prices among the reputed dealers.

This is a good site for price comparisons.
Camera Price Buster - UKs cheapest camera gear
Note: This has genuine as well as grey market.

yes there is some problem with the focusing of the lense with 2x extender but not with 70-200 as this is not a super tele however if you have 100-400 then you need extra time to handle manual focus however you can use 1.4x for your ease. for best price of new camera and lense, tripod or heads you can check simplyelectronics.co.uk a very well known in photographic community. thanks

I thought this thread is for participation of JF-17 i. . . . . . . :rofl:

yes you are right but some of us will try to give other members the best possible pics of Thunder during this display and I hope you will enjoy. thanks

The 500d is a nice camera.

Amazon currently has a good price(550GBP) and also has a 65 pound cash back on it till the 30th of June.
Canon EOS 500D Digital SLR Camera: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
I have consistently found that Amazon offers the best deals on camera equipment which come with valid UK warranties. The 18-55 kit lens on this is quiet decent too. So do take the kit lens.

For the lens, I think the 70-300 IS would be the best fit for you.
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
Yes, it is expensive compared to the non IS 75-300, however the quality of the optics is really nice and the IS, even though it will not matter much when shooting flying planes, will be a god send at other events when shooting at longer focal lengths. I have had friends who have used this lens and are very happy with it.

Make sure you pick a decent UV filter for the lens to protect the front elements of the lenses.

500D is good but why not the new 550D?
550D has much better sensor , From the 7D, the EOS 550D / T2i inherits the same 18 Megapixel resolution (albeit with a slightly different sensor), the same 100-6400 ISO sensitivity range (with 12,800 ISO expansion), the choice of 1080p or 720p movies at a variety of frame rates, an external stereo microphone input and the same 63-zone iCFL metering. Continuous shooting is understandably much slower than the 7D, but still slightly quicker than the 500D / T1i at 3.7fps, albeit with fewer frames in the buffer. The EOS 550D / T2i's unique new feature in the EOS range is a 3in 1040k screen with a 3:2 aspect ratio which matches the shape of its sensor, so images in Live View and playback fill the screen without black bars above or below.

thanks for your advise, i will reconsider about buying from ebay

by the way, i don't buy faulty kind of stuff. I usually buy brand new boxed or at mint condition. I don't believe in 3 years old kind of equipments so probably that is the reason i never had any complaints from ebayers

Will try to look other sites, if i can find with somewhat similar price.....will definitely go for it

Thanks a lot for your time Sir

dont buy from ebay !!!
use the official website please
you might get conned and paying more

please check this official link to buy online
Farnborough International Airshow 2010 Event Tickets, Farnborough - Farnborough International Airshow - Farnborough Aerodrome - United Kingdom

This is my 2nd Farnborough air show(last in 2004). I hope the JF-17 also heads for RIAT(3rd time for me). And I hope its not just loops and turns.

hmm...so u want some rel action?...BVR and cannon fire maybe?:what:

500D is good but why not the new 550D?
550D has much better sensor , From the 7D, the EOS 550D / T2i inherits the same 18 Megapixel resolution (albeit with a slightly different sensor), the same 100-6400 ISO sensitivity range (with 12,800 ISO expansion), the choice of 1080p or 720p movies at a variety of frame rates, an external stereo microphone input and the same 63-zone iCFL metering. Continuous shooting is understandably much slower than the 7D, but still slightly quicker than the 500D / T1i at 3.7fps, albeit with fewer frames in the buffer. The EOS 550D / T2i's unique new feature in the EOS range is a 3in 1040k screen with a 3:2 aspect ratio which matches the shape of its sensor, so images in Live View and playback fill the screen without black bars above or below.
Hazaron khuwahishay aisi ke har khawahish pe Damm nikle

I was thinking to buy Canon 400D later on decided to buy 450D as it has a price difference of only 60-70 pounds with far better features. Later on decided to buy 500D for little better resolutions as its for long term so i could stick with one camera only and it too had a difference of only 60-70 pounds in price. Did see some other cams but wherever you see you have one better choice after spending 40-70 pounds extra for a one latest model

At last i had to make my mind and Canon 500D seems to be my final decision

If go for Canon 550D for adding additional 60 - 80 pounds i may be thinking to go for Canon 3D instead :rofl:

Those who are going to this show must bring JF 17 pics and videos. Otherwise i'll request mods to delete all your post and put permanent ban on you :lol:

+1

I agree. Even if all the Londonistanys have 2.0 megapixel camera. It's better than nothing.

I am expecting to see the whole exhibit by PAF.

+1

I agree. Even if all the Londonistanys have 2.0 megapixel camera. It's better than nothing.

I am expecting to see the whole exhibit by PAF.

you guyz are scaring me now :confused: :cry:

Will try my best to take the best pics :tup:

Last edited:
I am sure if i take even 2 pics good pics only, 2 will be coming from growler and many 2+2 from other pdf members. In the end its going to be a lot of contributions all together and not to forget Pakistani and International Media ;)

PS: - Will try to take pics in hundreds :D

NO.

we want un-adulterated VIDEO footage!! :devil::agree:

This shows you know Zaki very well ,
Well whatever thread has to do something with it ,Specially the videos posted by Zaki speaks themselves lol i hope he will not take jf-17 pics with some hot girl standing with jf-17

Back
Top Bottom