What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

Gary Li, who analyzes the People's Liberation Army for London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies

Two JF-17s, co-produced by China and Pakistan, have just made their international debut at an ongoing major international air show.

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) received its first two JF-17 Thunder fighters from China in July 2007. Last year, the PAF started its own assembly line, which saw the first aircraft roll out in November.

In February, the PAF activated its first JF-17 squadron, with 14 aircraft in service and another 24 to be delivered from the initial contract batch. Pakistan's total requirement for this type of single-engine plane is reported to be as high as 250.

Li said the JF-17 is an "excellent aircraft", available at a cheap price (about $15 million each), with a good avionics system and good radar. "It is a successful product of a successful partnership Chinese design really shines." :china::cheers::pakistan:

Significantly, the plane fits into Islamabad's needs, as "countries like Pakistan or Egypt don't need F-22s", Li added.
China-made planes set to soar onto world market - People's Daily Online

Haha not that its related to this thread somehow, but i was visiting this Indian forum and they have given our thunder a name of their own; "Bandar"!!

Their jealousy and insecurities are a treat to watch :D
they call JF 17 Bandar....They really are kids....

Thunder Bandar :lol:

Some times i wonder if the effort they do on giving our products such name if they put the same effort on LCA it might have flown a decade ago :lol:

071910FAS_JF17.jpg

:smitten:, I am in love - piyar ho giya aek nazar main

My only humble request is that the pilot canoopy was one piece with out the strip it would be amazing, it would not only look good but it would also improve pilot's visual capabilities to scan the skies

We dont yet possess the capabilities to fabricate single piece poly carbonate canopies like the Americans.

From the daily mail UK..
JF-17 Thunders through Farnborough
"The two JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft, produced at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra as a coproduction with China are already evoking international interest. Reportedly, Turkey, Zimbabwe, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh and a number of Middle Eastern and African air forces have expressed interest in the acquisition of JF-17 Thunder for their respective air forces. The recently concluded PAF exercise Highmark and Army Exercise Azm-e-Nau III saw the JF-17 Thunder in action, displaying its multirole characteristics with precision and accuracy at the various firepower displays much to the awe of the audience comprising foreign defence attachés, defence personnel, media and parliamentarians. The JF-17 Thunder is an all-weather and multi-role combat aircraft that has the potential to be the mainstay of any modern air force. The JF-17 was developed primarily to meet the requirements of the Pakistan Air Force for a low-cost, medium-technology, multi-role combat aircraft as a cost-effective replacement for its ageing mixed fleet of Nanchang A-5, Chengdu F-7P/PG and Dassault Mirage III/V fighters and also have export potential to air forces of other developing countries as an affordable alternative to hi-tech but expensive Western fighters. The JF-17 Thunder’s high performance abilities, its agility, self protection suites, lethal weapons systems and sophisticated electronics make it an obvious choice because of its affordability. The Daily Mail commends Pakistan and China for having achieved success with a modern high performance, all-weather, day/night multi-role fighter aircraft while India is still struggling for the last three decades trying to produce the LCA Tejas, which has become obsolete even before its induction in the Indian Air Force."

Lolz.. Methinks the Mail is about to get some very angry letters soon from a certain country.

[/COLOR]
From the daily mail UK..
JF-17 Thunders through Farnborough
"The two JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft, produced at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra as a coproduction with China are already evoking international interest. Reportedly, Turkey, Zimbabwe, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh and a number of Middle Eastern and African air forces have expressed interest in the acquisition of JF-17 Thunder for their respective air forces. The recently concluded PAF exercise Highmark and Army Exercise Azm-e-Nau III saw the JF-17 Thunder in action, displaying its multirole characteristics with precision and accuracy at the various firepower displays much to the awe of the audience comprising foreign defence attachés, defence personnel, media and parliamentarians. The JF-17 Thunder is an all-weather and multi-role combat aircraft that has the potential to be the mainstay of any modern air force. The JF-17 was developed primarily to meet the requirements of the Pakistan Air Force for a low-cost, medium-technology, multi-role combat aircraft as a cost-effective replacement for its ageing mixed fleet of Nanchang A-5, Chengdu F-7P/PG and Dassault Mirage III/V fighters and also have export potential to air forces of other developing countries as an affordable alternative to hi-tech but expensive Western fighters. The JF-17 Thunder’s high performance abilities, its agility, self protection suites, lethal weapons systems and sophisticated electronics make it an obvious choice because of its affordability. The Daily Mail commends Pakistan and China for having achieved success with a modern high performance, all-weather, day/night multi-role fighter aircraft while India is still struggling for the last three decades trying to produce the LCA Tejas, which has become obsolete even before its induction in the Indian Air Force."

Lolz.. Methinks the Mail is about to get some very angry letters soon from a certain country.
:lol::lol:
ABOUT US :: The Daily Mail - Daily News from Pakistan - Newspaper from Pakistan

The Daily Mail is an English daily, published from the Federal capital of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, by Makhdoom Babar who is also its Editor-in-Chief.

The Daily Mail was established some two years back but it started the regular publication from the 1st Jan 2002.
The launching team included just ten members, Makhdoom Babar (Editor-in-Chief/Chief Reporter & Editor Production), Khalid Awan (News Editor), Shakir Rao, Abdul Qaddus Minhas(Sub-Editors), Asmat Ullah Khan (System Administrator), Uzma Zafar (Reporter), Tahir Iqbal (Photographer) Imran Syed (Marketing Manager) Allah Rakha (Copy-Paster) and Fazaldad (Office Boy). But today it has strength of nearly seventy-two staff members at the head office, working day & night to give an excellent production to the valued readers.

ofcourse they hate LCA.....

P.S: i have only posted this info to show that the source is not absolutely neutral,

[/COLOR]
:lol::lol:
ABOUT US :: The Daily Mail - Daily News from Pakistan - Newspaper from Pakistan

The Daily Mail is an English daily, published from the Federal capital of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, by Makhdoom Babar who is also its Editor-in-Chief.

The Daily Mail was established some two years back but it started the regular publication from the 1st Jan 2002.
The launching team included just ten members, Makhdoom Babar (Editor-in-Chief/Chief Reporter & Editor Production), Khalid Awan (News Editor), Shakir Rao, Abdul Qaddus Minhas(Sub-Editors), Asmat Ullah Khan (System Administrator), Uzma Zafar (Reporter), Tahir Iqbal (Photographer) Imran Syed (Marketing Manager) Allah Rakha (Copy-Paster) and Fazaldad (Office Boy). But today it has strength of nearly seventy-two staff members at the head office, working day & night to give an excellent production to the valued readers.

ofcourse they hate LCA.....

P.S: i have only posted this info to show that the source is not absolutely neutral,

Our first angry letter..
Yes I realized it wasn't neutral a second after I read it..(quite the opposite actually).. I just felt like posting it...for laughs..:rofl:

Interesting this is, The grapevine I have access to has lots of rumors of sudden interest by Established manufacturers offering to market the Thunder with their heavier products since the J-10 isnt available for export.

^^^
Dude seriously i thought the titles in the brackets were given by you. After visiting the link it is indeed the titles given by the Daily mail.. I liked the title of Mr Allah Rakha(Copy-paster).. :rofl: It happens only in pakistan!

^^^
Dude seriously i thought the titles in the brackets were given by you. After visiting the link it is indeed the titles given by the Daily mail.. I liked the title of Mr Allah Rakha(Copy-paster).. :rofl: It happens only in pakistan!

^^^

Change that to Desi's.. Ive seen too many things from all over the subcontinent to say just Indians or Pakistani's.. surprisingly... rarely have I ever seen Sri lankans make such mistakes..

sorry to all indian members .. . .. . .. . .:angel:
it will never happen from me again....

and one more request to moderators that they should delete such posts

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom