What's new

PAF Jets start pounding terrorists hideouts in N.Waziristan.

No matter how precise intelligence is, in case of Jet attacks there is always chances of civilian causalities if pigs are hiding behind human shield. That's why i said that people of the area should kick them out to remain safe - If they are hiding on mountains or caves where there is no civilian population than i will support carpet bombing.
Thats an excuse.. Do you think these civilians can kick out the terrorists which even Pakistan Army is not able to handle.. ? and sadly these hard reactions by Pakistan military are seen only after Military is targeted.. There have been bigger incidents of bomb attacks where 100s of civilians are killed, but you do not see PAF swinging into action within 24 hours after those. And here also, civilians are left facing the brunt of the reaction.. Kind of ironical that in both cases, its the Pakistani civilians who pay the price

Don't mean to criticize, but not a good reaction.. Will actually increase support for the terrorists in those regions.. Heaven forbid if an incident like a couple of years back when PAF bombed a civilian target by accident and killed dozens of civilians happens, will setback the expedition against the terrorists by miles...

Ttp asking for peace talks directly after the attack got the ideal response.

You can't reason with retards or attacks will never end.

Ttp fcked up big time.

To our soldiers:
The-task-ahead-of-you.jpg

They contemplated using it during the peak of the Naxalite insurgency a few years ago.

The Army wouldn't even let them use their soldiers.

The Indian governement is already sensitive to criticisms of heavy handedness, And Air strikes are also an admission of sort, that the situation has become bad to the point of using overwhelming fire power.
There was a proposal to use Helis for recons and target identification, but even the appearance of using air force was rejected outrightly...

by saying my region.....i implied north east.....well I heard it from a manipuri(meite) junior of mine in medical college...he showed me clippings of the dharna done against it...man dont b angry...

Pound them ,level them. PAF did a good job.

Last edited:
by saying my region.....i implied north east.....well I heard it from a manipuri(meite) junior of mine in medical college...he showed me clippings of the dharna done against it...man dont b angry...

I'm not angry. I was just clarifying. India does not use airpower to quell insurgencies, and for very good reason.

dont rmbr precisely bt I thnk in Manipur......wont b surprised if this wasnt heard in national media....

may b @NEvoice can hlp....

Attack helicopter may used.But I dont think fighter jets are used.IAF use its fighters in 1960's against Mizo's. Since then we dont apply fighter strike.Even at the height of Maoists insurgency when a company of CRPF eliminated there is a pressure in GoI to use IAF.But GoI know heavy handed style will cause unaccpetable damage.So GoI neither use IAf nor use Army.
Kashmir is another example ,for flush out terrorists they create Rashtriya Rifles,one of the best CI force in the world.Kashmir Police and RR convert separatism in to law and order problem.So when they conduct an operation only near neighbours know about that .

Good on PAF - Pound them hard - now lets give a statement after the Lunch break - " Pakistan Govt is willing to negotiate and talk to Militants".
That will be the Ideal message

Pound them till every last of these scums is dead.

@janon @Ravi Nair guys, as I can , the topic at hand is about air strikes on Militants - not whether Indian govt like to do it or not.

Start a new thread to discuss the issue- am sure no one would mind that....lets stick to the topic at hand, shall we?

@janon @Ravi Nair guys, as I can , the topic at hand is about air strikes on Militants - not whether Indian govt like to do it or not.

Start a new thread to discuss the issue- am sure no one would mind that....lets stick to the topic at hand, shall we?

sorry. Will delete my posts right away :)

Air force should be the last resort for any actions inside the country....... You cannot stop collateral damage..... the problem of collateral damage??? these idiot militants will use them for their own agenda and might get more support..... Army and special forces should be used if they have accurate intelligence.... may be para commandos...... That will ensure result with less or 0 collateral damage......

But then we all are arm chair generals.... there are real one who knows their job better....

23 terrorists killed in North Waziristan clashes

MIR ALI: Twenty-three militants were killed and fifteen others injured when Pakistan fighter jets bombed suspected militants’ hideouts in North Waziristan Agency on the Afghan border on Tuesday after a wave of insurgent attacks against security forces, sending villagers fleeing from their homes, military sources and residents said.

"This hadn't been planned before, and Pakistan air force fighter jets were called to hit hideouts of the militants involved in attacks on security forces," said one military official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Military officials said fighter jets were targeting only militant positions around the Mir Ali area of North Waziristan. Following a wave of fighter jets strikes, the army later called in helicopter gunships to shell suspected hideouts.

It was the first time the air force has resorted to aerial strikes in the region since it struck a ceasefire agreement with local Taliban chiefs in 2007.

Residents of North Waziristan, a lawless mountainous region, said there were numerous civilian casualties but the army was not immediately available to comment on the operation.

The air strikes took place as pressure grows on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to take tougher action against the Taliban following the attacks on security forces.

Sparking speculation that a military operation was imminent, Sharif cancelled his trip to the World Economic Forum in the Swiss resort of Davos on Sunday following a Taliban attack on an army convoy in which 26 soldiers were killed.

23 terrorists killed in North Waziristan clashes - thenews.com.pk

Air force should be the last resort for any actions inside the country....... You cannot stop collateral damage..... the problem of collateral damage??? these idiot militants will use them for their own agenda and might get more support..... Army and special forces should be used if they have accurate intelligence.... may be para commandos...... That will ensure result with less or 0 collateral damage......

But then we all are arm chair generals.... there are real one who knows their job better....
and what makes you think this was nothing but blanket bombardments??
sending in Ground troops first without leveling the ground for them - will ensure nothing but putting them as a fodder to these militants.

Back
Top Bottom