What's new

PAF is well-equipped, updated force: air chief

Realistically

Considering the resources I'm astoinished paf can field 20 sqs of fighters.

Today the Royal Air Force French Air Force and the mighty Luftwaffe have fewer combat sqs than paf.

IN THE FUTURE LIKE ALL MODERN AIR POWERS I SEE PAF SHRINKING IN SIZE but adding more teeth via multi role late generation fighters .

Ie s

six sqs of Falcons mlu and 52s

9 sqs of block abc thunders

2 or 3 sqs of elite multi role fighter j11 0r j31

Aim 120C is Not HoBs

Guindance system

inertial guidance, terminal active radar homing

The AIM-120D (P3I Phase 4, formerly known as AIM-120C-8) is a development of the AIM-120C with a two-way data link, more accurate navigation using a GPS-enhanced IMU, an expanded no-escape envelope, improved HOBS (High-Angle Off-Boresight) capability, and a 50% increase in range. The AIM-120D is a joint USAF/USN project, and is currently in the testing phase.

SD-10 or
PL-12 Guidance System
Inertial / Data-link (mid-course)
Active radar homing (terminal phase)
Not HOBs Missile

Only PL-9 Its Infrared Homing version is HOBS
PL-9 is The missile is fitted with a cryogenic Liquied gas-cooled IR seeker capable of +/-40 degree off boresight angles. Flight control is by long span pointed delta fins at the front of the missile with Sidewinder-type slipstream driven on the aft tail fin surfaces to prevent roll and so enhance the operation of the guidance system. The missile has a maximum effective range of 35 km and an altitude limit of 6.5 km.

PS: For IRCCM Missile You Need Passive IRST Sensor To Use its Full capability Which PAF Currently Lacks Like OLS or Pirate or SKYWARD

PAF Can use It Only IF US allow Integration Of PL-9 In F-16 Blk 52 Equipped With Joint Helmet-Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) That Not Possible Currently

China Is developed Its own HMDS or IRST Sensors F0r J-10C & J-11 Which Rumoured To be Featured in Jf-17 Blk-3 Lets Wait For It
Use normal fonts

Aim 120C is Not HoBs
Well Its nothing personal
I just said passing IRST sensor are better in Tracking range wise

Pirate IRST can detect aircraft at 50Km in front to 90 KM rear

with missile like ASRAAM They becomes invincible machine
So, you will be firing your off bore bvr [if thats even a term] upon detecting an enemy at 90km in rear position thus utilizing the IRST at it maximum potential along with a sure 100% kill rate. Thats rich

Well apart from the 500 AIM 120C which are almost at half time of their shelf life and will be useless in next 5 years if not updated or refurbished and 18 odd block 52 F-16 and if we assume PAF can maintain 90% availability with the jets though global average for F16 is 80 % so there are 16 block 52s with half a decent Mechanical radar and some Electronic jamming its open season for IAF atleast in the air to air battle at least PAF may then try to use their stand off munitions but most of them can be detected and dealt with they are a series of subsonic CMs and gravity bombs nothing special after that IAF can go on to finish PAF and with their arsenal of BVRAAMS they posses including meteors soon to be inducted with rafael i don't see any problem they will face in completely neutralizing PAF by remaining close to or inside their own border thus forcing a quick surrender or forcing PAF to attack its like poking a guy holed up in his fort with a very long stick and getting the best of them8-):D

PS IAF in this context is indian AF not israeli AF just to avoid any confusion lol
Based on your infinite knowledge, the mlu done on the paf f16s dont have the same radar and avionics as the 52+s?
If the availabillity rate of f16s are 80%, I wonder whats the rate for mki? 99%?
You are right subsonic missiles are crap. What was the U.S thinking when they developed such missiles?
PAF has no klj-v2, nor any AWACS. Whats its gonna do?How will it detect any fighter from the IAF???? DAMN! you've opened our eyes.
If the shelf life of BVRs is 15years, how many of IAF's missiles are obsolete?

So, you will be firing your off bore bvr [if thats even a term] upon detecting an enemy at 90km in rear position thus utilizing the IRST at it maximum potential along with a sure 100% kill rate. Thats rich
No Sir But It helps Maintaining Maximum Radar Silence and Little Radiation Emission That Don't give your Position And Keep Passively Infrared Tracking Until Target Comes Into NEZ of Missile

Advanced IRST is New Age of Aerial warfare Until Arms Corporation Finds Its Counter.Presumably Only Americans think About This factor During Designing of F-22

Last edited:
nd in whose govt drones took off from pak bases and bombed inside pak? drone is a big issue. we get humiliated on monthly bases but majority of us are used to it now.

it doesn't matter on whom govt drones started because it is the duty of present govt to stop it, if that govt thinks that they respects Pakistan sovereignty.

Gen Raheel stood in front of US for drones now and I hope till Gen Raheel is here we won't see any more drones.

Fighter jets

Pakistan got slightly over 300 fighter jets and replacing 190 old with new ones gonna gives us a big boost.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1245714/pa...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+dawn-news+(Dawn+News)

As there is an expert here who loves to copy and pasting data from internet sources without actually understanding what it means, this is from Lockheed Martin product documentation that proves Sniper's passive and I am writing this again, PASSIVE detection, tracking and ranging for air-to-air and air-to-ground targets.

FEATURES
• High-definition, forward-looking infrared (FLIR)
• High-definition television
• Diode-pumped laser with cockpit-selectable tactical and eye-safe wavelengths
• Precision, long-range geo-coordinate generation
• Two-color laser spot tracker for acquiring laser designations for air and ground sources
• Passive detection, tracking and ranging for air-to-air and air-to-ground targets
• Datalink with full-motion video and metadata
• Combat-proven moving target tracker algorithms enabling automatic reacquisition after obscuration
• Laser marker illumination for night vision goggles and target coordination
• Laser-lead guidance for precise delivery of traditional laser-guided weapons on moving targets
• Solid-state digital data recorder for cockpit playback and non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance
• User-selectable collateral damage circle display to estimate weapon damage area
• Two-level maintenance with automatic optical boresight alignment
• Optimized line replaceable unit partition enabling two-level maintenance, streamlined sustainment, ease of upgrades and minimal life cycle costs
• Global Scope™ advanced sensor software suite for video and metadata playback, advanced scene visualization and point of interest planning
(non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance)

(I am sorry, I can't cant copy the link to Lockheed Martin site due to not enough posts yet)

I am sure that now you will copy couple of more links from the web and try to do chest thumping again, please spare me this time. I am here just to discuss with people who are here to learn and gain from other's knowledge, not trying to show off their web searching skills.

As there is an expert here who loves to copy and pasting data from internet sources without actually understanding what it means, this is from Lockheed Martin product documentation that proves Sniper's passive and I am writing this again, PASSIVE detection, tracking and ranging for air-to-air and air-to-ground targets.

FEATURES
• High-definition, forward-looking infrared (FLIR)
• High-definition television
• Diode-pumped laser with cockpit-selectable tactical and eye-safe wavelengths
• Precision, long-range geo-coordinate generation
• Two-color laser spot tracker for acquiring laser designations for air and ground sources
• Passive detection, tracking and ranging for air-to-air and air-to-ground targets
• Datalink with full-motion video and metadata
• Combat-proven moving target tracker algorithms enabling automatic reacquisition after obscuration
• Laser marker illumination for night vision goggles and target coordination
• Laser-lead guidance for precise delivery of traditional laser-guided weapons on moving targets
• Solid-state digital data recorder for cockpit playback and non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance
• User-selectable collateral damage circle display to estimate weapon damage area
• Two-level maintenance with automatic optical boresight alignment
• Optimized line replaceable unit partition enabling two-level maintenance, streamlined sustainment, ease of upgrades and minimal life cycle costs
• Global Scope™ advanced sensor software suite for video and metadata playback, advanced scene visualization and point of interest planning
(non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance)

(I am sorry, I can't cant copy the link to Lockheed Martin site due to not enough posts yet)

I am sure that now you will copy couple of more links from the web and try to do chest thumping again, please spare me this time. I am here just to discuss with people who are here to learn and gain from other's knowledge, not trying to show off their web searching skills.

Coming From Guy Who Not Even Know what is Thermal Image Processing And Subject In Hand is Not Actually As what Marketing Brochure say you Pretty Much Copied All you Points from brochure Kid Without Knowing there are Various Variants of Sniper PoD:coffee:

Mr Genius Please Quote Me Detection Range Of Its Passive Air-to-Air Detection In Pursuit Mode And Head On Mode :disagree::disagree:If you Know

Your SNIPER ATP variant Pod Which PAF Uses has Limited Passive tracking PAF The contract includes the production of 15 Sniper ATPs and upgrades to the Pakistan Air Force’s existing 22 Sniper ATPs.

Source:
http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/ne...rtin-sniper-advanced-targeting-pod-fleet.html

The Sniper ATP has been designed to provide pilots with high-resolution imagery for precision targeting and non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions.Basically air to ground for PGM & JDAMs

http://www.airforce-technology.com/...e-sniper-atp-for-pakistans-f-16-fleet-4622840

There Advance variants Like Sniper Extended Range (XR), as well as the PANTERA export derivative of the Sniper XR Which F-35 variant The most modern version is the Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod - Sensor Enhancement (ATP-SE).Have all the Capabilities you Copy Pasted From Brochure Without Knowing Details

Read Source Below
"The Sniper pod, normally used to spot ground targets, includes much of the same technology as IRST and has “some pretty good air-to-air tracking capability,” according to Jon Sutter, Lockheed’s Sniper manager".

https://warisboring.com/the-pentago...nemy-stealth-fighters-3acf9d25cd44#.lj8cww9cj

Its User FLIR Image Processing Technology but Not Same As IRST Which Long range Same Was

Advanced LISTENING Pods Which USAF Prefer More Widely in Service

file-page1.jpg

litening6.jpg
litening1.jpg
litening2.jpg
litening3.jpg

LITENING system is a combat proven, self-contained, multi-sensor targeting and surveillance system. LITENING enables aircrews to detect, acquire, auto-track and identify targets at extremely long ranges for weapon delivery or nontraditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions. LITENING’s 1K FLIR, 1K charged-coupled device (CCD), laser imaging sensors, advanced image processing and digital video output provide superior imagery, allowing aircrews to identify and engage targets under a wide range of battlefield conditions.

LITENING is in operation worldwide
The pod is currently flown by the U.S. Marine Corps, all components of the U.S. Air Force, and international customers. The latest configuration, LITENING G4, is authorized for export to NATO countries, including Canada, the United Kingdom and Korea.

LITENING targeting pods feature:

• Full 1K FLIR and CCD, the highest resolution available in any fielded targeting pod
    • Digital, high definition video to the cockpit
    • Laser imaging sensors for more accurate identification
    • Color symbology for reduced pilot workload and integration with new cockpit displays
    • Multiple fields of view for a complete view of the situation
    • Advanced two-way plug-and-play datalinks, including NET-T integration, that seamlessly communicate with ground stations
    • Flexible upgrade path to bring older pods to the latest configuration affordably.
LITENING by the numbers

• More than two million hours flown, including more than 770,000 combat flight hours
    • Greater than 97% availability
    • Integrated on the F-16 Block 30, F-16 Block 40/50, A-10C, AV-8B, B-52, EA-6B, F-15E and F/A-18 C/D.
    • More than 500 LITENING G4 pods delivered
    • More than 800 pods total delivered
India Uses LITENING G3 Pods And Rafael will supply 164 G4 of its Litening targeting pod to the Indian air force, for use on four types of combat aircraft including Sukhoi Su-30 fighters.

Also Rafael’s Next Gen Litening 5 targeting Pod likely to be offered to India for Evaluations.:azn::azn:

http://idrw.org/rafaels-next-gen-li...ikely-to-be-offered-to-india-for-evaluations/ .

Source

http://www.defenceupdate.in/india-acquires-litening-targeting-pod/

Last edited:
No Sir But It helps Maintaining Maximum Radar Silence and Little Radiation Emission That Don't give your Position And Keep Passively Infrared Tracking Until Target Comes Into NEZ of Missile

Advanced IRST is New Age of Aerial warfare Until Arms Corporation Finds Its Counter.Presumably Only Americans think About This factor During Designing of F-22

Just a little addition, if you do not mind, these IRST ranges usually are for jet flying supersonic at high altitude. At such high altitude, at super sonic speeds, skin of aircraft is quite hot and external temperature is also prety negative. At much lower altitude and at subsonic speeds these ranges may be significantly lower.

ust a little addition, if you do not mind, these IRST ranges usually are for jet flying supersonic at high altitude. At such high altitude, at super sonic speeds, skin of aircraft is quite hot and external temperature is also prety negative. At much lower altitude and at subsonic speeds these ranges may be significantly lower.
Dear Mate Jet Fighter Usually Not go Supersonic And Usually Fly there Engines on Wet thrust Mode. If you Don't want Your fuel Pods Empty Before your Mission . Only During Manoeuvring or Breaking Missile Lock Pilot Risk Flying Supersonic Which Bleeds Excess Energy

The Eurofighter Typhoon's PIRATE IRST can detect subsonic fighters from 50 km from front and 90 km from rear at 360 degree view

Features

• PIRATE detects and tracks the Infra-Red signatures of multiple aircraft at long range, over a wide field of view, day & night and adverse weather conditions. Being a passive sensor, it enables the aircraft to gather early intelligence of threats and to manoeuvre stealthily into an advantageous tactical position without being detected by hostile electronic warfare systems.
  • PIRATE accurately tracks multiple high-speed targets, prioritizes them and provides the on board Attack & Identification computer with target positional, velocity, acceleration, and approach/recede data. In addition it provides high-resolution images for visual identification. It provides highly reliable information for air-to-air and air-to-ground use. The system demonstrates a very high suppression rate of potential false alarms.
  • PIRATE is integrated with other on-board sensor systems for maximum sensor fusion effectiveness.
  • PIRATE locates and provides cueing information on ground targets. It provides data and imagery to head-up and multi-function head-down displays, facilitating navigation and terrain avoidance in adverse weather conditions.
https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/glob...-group/infra-red-search-and-track-isrt/pirate

This video Explain You More Precisely

You can't Fight with Rafales if you are Flying F-7's against it Sir... it'll shot you down before you even know..
That is why the J-10s were put on hold, they were 36 of them , the same as the number of the Rafale India is trying to order...

Dear Mate Jet Fighter Usually Not go Supersonic And Usually Fly there Engines on Wet thrust Mode. If you Don't want Your fuel Pods Empty Before your Mission . Only During Manoeuvring or Breaking Missile Lock Pilot Risk Flying Supersonic Which Bleeds Excess Energy

The Eurofighter Typhoon's PIRATE IRST can detect subsonic fighters from 50 km from front and 90 km from rear at 360 degree view

Features

• PIRATE detects and tracks the Infra-Red signatures of multiple aircraft at long range, over a wide field of view, day & night and adverse weather conditions. Being a passive sensor, it enables the aircraft to gather early intelligence of threats and to manoeuvre stealthily into an advantageous tactical position without being detected by hostile electronic warfare systems.
  • PIRATE accurately tracks multiple high-speed targets, prioritizes them and provides the on board Attack & Identification computer with target positional, velocity, acceleration, and approach/recede data. In addition it provides high-resolution images for visual identification. It provides highly reliable information for air-to-air and air-to-ground use. The system demonstrates a very high suppression rate of potential false alarms.
  • PIRATE is integrated with other on-board sensor systems for maximum sensor fusion effectiveness.
  • PIRATE locates and provides cueing information on ground targets. It provides data and imagery to head-up and multi-function head-down displays, facilitating navigation and terrain avoidance in adverse weather conditions.
https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/glob...-group/infra-red-search-and-track-isrt/pirate

This video Explain You More Precisely
Thanks a lot for providing me such an important information, I may have actual experience of what a few jets can do or not from F-6 upto now in PAF. And even may have actually seen some 'output' of some god damned pods as well.

The question I have for you is where in the brochure information you are peddling here, are provided altitude informations for whatever you are trying to peddle here e.g. PIRATE etc.

Thanks a lot for providing me such an important information, I may have actual experience of what a few jets can do or not from F-6 upto now in PAF. And even may have actually seen some 'output' of some god damned pods as well.

The question I have for you is where in the brochure information you are peddling here, are provided altitude informations for whatever you are trying to peddle here e.g. PIRATE etc.
Point Is your Question is Wrong in Certain Aspect

"Do you Know How AWACs Capture A Low flying Aircraft While a Ground Stationed Radar Cannot Because of the Nap of the Earth Principle "

IRST is Thermal Imaging Sensor Which Will detect Thermal Emission coming From a fighter from Long range Emissions which A Aircraft cannot Hide Contrary To radars IRST Does Not Work on Dopper or Phased Array Principle
But Detecting Specific Thermal Emissions from Engines of fighters

Point Is your Question is Wrong in Certain Aspect

"Do you Know How AWACs Capture A Low flying Aircraft While a Ground Stationed Radar Cannot Because of the Nap of the Earth Principle "

IRST is Thermal Imaging Sensor Which Will detect Thermal Emission coming From a fighter from Long range Emissions which A Aircraft cannot Hide Contrary To radars IRST Does Not Work on Dopper or Phased Array Principle
But Detecting Specific Thermal Emissions from Engines of fighters

Ahh, what an excellent comparison you have made..
Isn't it that Radar down-look ranges are lower, may be some ground clutter to filter out leading to some others getting filtered out as well...

A great principle you have mentioned about detecting thermal emissions of a jet. Isn't it that almost all IR based short range missiles have super cooled sensors using cryogenic gases, I would have loved to at-least hear a good beap when it was super cooled and a jet at 90 km had presented its.. ahem, tail..

Ahh, what an excellent comparison you have made..
Isn't it that Radar down-look ranges are lower, may be some ground clutter to filter out leading to some others getting filtered out as well...

A great principle you have mentioned about detecting thermal emissions of a jet. Isn't it that almost all IR based short range missiles have super cooled sensors using cryogenic gases, I would have loved to at-least hear a good beap when it was super cooled and a jet at 90 km had presented its.. ahem, tail..

See the principal on which F-35 DAS works

Your logic applies universaly

exaggerated marketing gimmicks of BVR or WVRs

Aim-120 which claim to has ranges more than 100 miles

Or Chinese exaggerated claims of mastering Radar heating problem In just development of single generation of AESA RADARs

Which took usa 3 decade's.

Russians are still struggling

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom