What's new

PAF is getting Rafale or Typhoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by CHARGER@Mar 26 2006, 05:34 PM
I hav taken paf tests for aeronautical eng. My result will be announced tomorrow. Please pray for me.
:)
[post=7805]Quoted post[/post]​

May Allah helps you.
So how was ur result why dont to u introduce urself in the intro thread.

I thought Rafale was having trouble in ground target capability.

I don't think that we need J10 or grippen when we will have F-16block52 in bulk quantity. F-16 is a hell of fighter and it is war proven. what we need, is a 4.5th generation fighter like EFTyphoon which is cheaper and better than rafale. J10 and grippen is an option for PAF if US put sanctions on pakistan once again and belive me, thats not gona happend.
another option for PAF (in my opinion) is F35JSF. its a single engine jet with stealth features.

I hav passed.

I think west will not give their best teck to us , cause we delivered our f-16s to china. This time around they r a bit tentitive. I think the best we can get is MIRAGE 2000. F-16 50/52 block can be another option, but it is no where near to SU-30. So more stress should be laid to get a better missile and radar system like, ft-200, sd-10, awacs etc. FC-1 will provide a better , cheap bvr capability. I think we should be a bit careful about spending a lot of money on defence , especially in post earth quake time. At the end its people that matters . We have to provide homes to some 3 million people , and tell u one thing its quite a task.

keep smilling

charger, conragulations!
charger, did you passed ISSB??

come to topic..
F16s and JF17s have limited detecting range. according to my information, AN/APG68V8 have A to A detecting range of 140km and Grifo S-7 have range of 120km. so these planes are best for defending our airspace but not good for deep penetration inside the enemy's area. we need a such plane which can act as mini AWAC also having detecting range of 300km (A to G). if we get ELTA2032 radar for JF17, it will be awsome!.
as far as rehabilitation is concern, our government is doing every possible effort to provide homes to earth quake victums.

I only passed preliminary test.
As far as I know , griffo-7 is not a brilliant radar.Its of B grade. i hav heard thats its range was about 60kms . I will conferm it latter. It can track multiple targets but can engage only a single target. Its ground tracking is also not very good , when compared with that of SU-30 MKI. ELTA RADAR can be another option. I dont know why pakistan is still going for F-16 a/b block, that r not even new, heard the news they r trying to get them from Belgium or holland. Why they r not getting them from Turkey .

Can some body tell me the code name of J-10? is it FIREFLY? :flag:

Since France is shutting down its Mirage factory, why cant PAF buy it and produce Mirage 2000-9 to replace its ROSE mirages?

Originally posted by CHARGER@Mar 28 2006, 12:44 AM

As far as I know , griffo-7 is not a brilliant radar.Its of B grade. i hav heard thats its range was about 60kms . I will conferm it latter. It can track multiple targets but can engage only a single target. Its ground tracking is also not very good , when compared with that of SU-30 MKI. ELTA RADAR can be another option. I dont know why pakistan is still going for F-16 a/b block, that r not even new, heard the news they r trying to get them from Belgium or holland. Why they r not getting them from Turkey .

[post=7923]Quoted post[/post]​
its not griffo 7, its grifo s-7. the upgraded version of grifo7 which has 25 working modes and a non-break-down time of 200 hours. The radar system is capable of look-down/shoot-down operation :GUNS: , as well as for ground strike abilities.
It seems to be impossible that we get ELTA2032 because we didn't recognize israel yet. pakistan is going for F16 A/B because they are five times cheaper than new ones (about 10m USD a piece) and they will be upgraded to block52 standards :flag: .

But still no counter measure for SU-30. I heard some where that Isreal transfered the elta radar teck along with LAVI teck to the Chinese. With out a better radar FC-1 will be a shooting practice for indian MIGs and SUs

And we should also be looking at the induction of F-18 in IAF , ofcource if it does happen. Can some body tell me that it is HORNET or SUPER h..., that India is being offered with.

what do u think abt the role of THUNDER , will it be a fighter , interceptor or a ground supporter. Which plane is going to replace A-5. Is it f-16 a/b block.

:flag:

be happy

whats the name of j-10 ? is ws-13 engine has TVC or supercruise.

Pakistan should go for the Typhoon for the Airforce since RSAF is also buying around 200 Typhoons. However to replace the ROSE mirages in the PN , the RafaleM should be bought..18 Jets would do the job nicely.

Has Dassault/France offered Rafale to Pakistan yet?

I'm inclined to believe that they wont until IAF MRCA Contract is decided.And if India decides to buy Rafales then PAF will have to look elsewhere - aka Typhoon.

Samudra said:
Has Dassault/France offered Rafale to Pakistan yet?

I'm inclined to believe that they wont until IAF MRCA Contract is decided.And if India decides to buy Rafales then PAF will have to look elsewhere - aka Typhoon.

Why would india buy a rafale when it can buy a SuperHornet F-18E/F ?? even india isnt THAT stupid.

SATAN said:
Why would india buy a rafale when it can buy a SuperHornet F-18E/F ?? even india isnt THAT stupid.

Remember Satan on a rare occasion we had agreed that unlike US, french/swedish wont tie us down on conditions.

SATAN said:
...However to replace the ROSE mirages in the PN , the RafaleM should be bought..18 Jets would do the job nicely.
The PN air wing does not have Mirage-IIIs. It only has P3s, Atlantiques, and helicopters. The Mirage-III/ V are with the PAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom