What's new

PAF is getting Rafale or Typhoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Owais@Mar 23 2006, 02:29 PM
Bro., 40 hightech jets are nothing compared to IAF 200MRCAs(mirage4000) and 140 su30MKI. PAF must acquire these jets in big quantity. if we acquire these jets via full TOT(if possible), unit cost will decrease.
[post=7643]Quoted post[/post]​
I know that htye have better planes then us, but we don't have the money. I would like to see eurofighters in PAF colours too, but who is gonna give us the money. If we team up with with a country that is also buying these crafts. Maybe the price will go down.

Originally posted by Owais@Mar 23 2006, 03:32 PM
I don't think that we need J10 when we will have F16s block52 + JF17. these fighters  are best for defence but we need another 4.5th generation plane like EUFTyphoon or F35JSF or Jxx for deep penetration in the enemy air space with atleast 4 to 7 AWACs.
[post=7647]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, for deep penetration we can use Jf-17 with AWACs? No way, AWACs is only good if it is in our boundries. If AWACS cross the border then SU-30 can hit It in a matter of seconds. Well if u want to say that we should get jet atleast 5 to 7 AWACs. Yes indeed PAF wants to get soon about 8 of them i think.

So u wana buy EF-2000 than its not possible for us now tell me we not going to fight war you know Pakistan and India have nukes so i think war is no away in the future. So be patiant PAF is awake and PAF knows the needs very well.

Sufa,

Fix your grammer and how you post. This is not the correct way of posting. I dont have time to fix your posts everytime. Consider this your last warning. If you still can't follow it. Your out.

There are already enough violations.

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 17 2006, 02:54 AM
there are industry people on a lot of these defense forums and I'm sure if they start to read more in to your comments, that would be the last nail in the PAF coffin as no one would be willing to sell anything to the PAF for fear of it getting gifted to the Chinese.
[post=7170]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you think the president of Lock-heed Martin is reading this right now? :lips:

Originally posted by A.Rahman@Mar 24 2006, 03:46 PM
Do you think the president of Lock-heed Martin is reading this right now? :lips:
[post=7725]Quoted post[/post]​

He's not because the term 'industry people' hardly refers to Presidents of major arms manufacturers. There is a huge army of middle-men, agents, lobbyists, etc out there. You never know who has taken it seriously enough to affect a future sale to any branch of Pakistani forces.

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 24 2006, 06:46 PM
He's not because the term 'industry people' hardly refers to Presidents of major arms manufacturers. There is a huge army of middle-men, agents, lobbyists, etc out there. You never know who has taken it seriously enough to affect a future sale to any branch of Pakistani forces.
[post=7728]Quoted post[/post]​

Its a possibility, Media hold too much power in todays world. look at them gettin hyped up over an Afghan convert

Originally posted by A.Rahman@Mar 25 2006, 04:31 AM
Its a possibility, Media hold too much power in todays world. look at them gettin hyped up over an Afghan convert
[post=7731]Quoted post[/post]​

definitly yes,thats a possibilty.

hyped abt afghan convert..well u want to discuss that!!!

Originally posted by Prashant@Mar 25 2006, 12:59 AM
well u want to discuss that!!!
[post=7739]Quoted post[/post]​

well you can open a new thread if you want, will be happy to discuss it.

(Plz note, Bashing of ANY religion will not be tolerated )

Originally posted by A.Rahman@Mar 25 2006, 11:50 AM
well you can open a new thread if you want, will be happy to discuss it.

(Plz note, Bashing of ANY religion will not be tolerated )
[post=7742]Quoted post[/post]​

thats prejudice, i never have bashed any relegion, i ight have bashed someone following it.But thats not an attack on the beilef.

Frankly speaking i dont believe in discussing relegious things,as it is ones private matter.

Originally posted by Prashant@Mar 25 2006, 03:35 AM
thats prejudice, i never have bashed any relegion, i ight have bashed someone following it.But thats not an attack on the beilef.

Frankly speaking i dont believe in discussing relegious things,as it is ones private matter.
[post=7745]Quoted post[/post]​

wooah,

I didint accused u of anything, I am just saying that if you want to start some topic about "convert" then do it, just said it in general.

I didnt meant anything at you.

Sorry if you found my post offensive.

Hi guys , i hav heard the news that paf pilots were in france to check rafeal, but they were not happy. it is one of the most expensive plane in the world. some 80 million + . Also it got two engines, paf prefers single engine planes. Paf tried their best to get grippen , but Sweden was not ready.Mushraf also tried to help the cause when he was there last time,but to no avail. may be due to the pressure of Usa. Cause grippen uses F-14 Tomcat engine.

I think paf will get J-10. as far as JXX is concerned ,it is on the drawing borad still.It will be ready in a decade or so.

I hav taken paf tests for aeronautical eng. My result will be announced tomorrow. Please pray for me.
:)

Originally posted by CHARGER@Mar 26 2006, 01:34 PM

I hav taken paf tests for aeronautical eng. My result will be announced tomorrow. Please pray for me.
:)
[post=7805]Quoted post[/post]​
Welcome aboard dude.
Why don't you introduce yourself in the member intro section.

Well its kind of true that PAF is not interested in Rafale. It was from the mouth of ACM Sadaat. Now your seeing these kind of reports that because PAF is trying to spread the word that we are actually "looking" for advanced aircrafts so offers come into their way. Like Charger said PAF did went there evaluate but Rafale didn't impress them much I dont know what is the reason behind it. Is it the reason that Rafale can't act as a multirole aircraft as of now or was it the price.

I think the most realistic and cheap option for the PAF would be to go for J-10. Get it equipped with the western avionics, better radar possibly AESA or PESA.

Originally posted by WebMaster@Mar 26 2006, 08:55 PM
Well its kind of true that PAF is not interested in Rafale. It was from the mouth of ACM Sadaat. Now your seeing these kind of reports that because PAF is trying to spread the word that we are actually "looking" for advanced aircrafts so offers come into their way. Like Charger said PAF did went there evaluate but Rafale didn't impress them much I dont know what is the reason behind it. Is it the reason that Rafale can't act as a multirole aircraft as of now or was it the price.

I think the most realistic and cheap option for the PAF would be to go for J-10. Get it equipped with the western avionics, better radar possibly AESA or PESA.
[post=7826]Quoted post[/post]​

The reasons might be it's price, the fact that that thing is a twin engine, is'nt multirole yet. And that the fact that they have a better plane then rafale already. If we buy rafales, then the indians can buy eurofighters since eurofighters are better then rafales (on paper). And it'll make sence since the indians are still looking around for their 126MRCA's. Let them buy those 126 fighters then PAF will make their move.

I stonrlgy belive that our next gen front line fighter will either be eurofighter, J-10. Because by looking at the history of PAF. We always go the quiltly rather then numbers. We will be happy with 40 eurofighters rather then alot of JAS-39's or F-16's. Though i still say that we will go for J-10's

The Rafale is a true multi-role aircraft!

But it may not have matched PAF criteria such as cost and weapons suite the French were willing to offer.Honestly, I dont think the French would offer Rafale before InAF MRCA tender is decided.

Those F-16s are the best bet for PAF now.Other things are just not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom