What's new

PAF has requested for an increase of 1.5 billion dollar in the budget.

That doesn't reflect in budget? How?

historically Pakistan has procured military equipment via FMS grants / aid from the US and soft loans from China. as an example the entire F16 program worth billions of $s was purchased through sovereign funding and was not reflected in the defense budget which is mainly for operations and salaries. even the pensions come from a different govt. source.
the defense budget pie breaks down into army 45%, airforce35% and balance for the navy20% out of say 7B$ doesn't leave much for major capital investments. the recently concluded submarine deal from china will cost roughly 5B$ on a soft loan provided by china to be paid off by govt. funds not the defense budget. maybe there are some internal adjustments made but I am not aware of any.

But design is a Russian intellectual property, China can't sell J-16 without Russian permission

Even the engines on the JF17 are intellectual property for Russia. In the initial phases when the FC-1 was being tested, Russia, on request of India, had raised a concern with China regarding giving out their tech to Pakistan. China found a way out without compromising the project.

The focus is being split on a buy of ancillary equipment and air defenses

No new aircraft as such
Although there are possibilities of either further second hand F-16s or a Chinese type but the PAF is wary of loans

Even the engines on the JF17 are intellectual property for Russia. In the initial phases when the FC-1 was being tested, Russia, on request of India, had raised a concern with China regarding giving out their tech to Pakistan. China found a way out without compromising the project.

Russia allowed re-export to 3rd countries by china. now Pakistan is buying directly from Russia.

J-16 is illegal copy of Su-30MKK, one original clause in Su-30MKK said that " China can't sell it or its copy to third party without Russian permission" bro

J-16 is illegal copy of Su-30MKK, one original clause in Su-30MKK said that " China can't sell it or its copy to third party without Russian permission" bro
If Russia dont wanna sell SU35 to Pakistan then can allow China to sell the copy and earn the revenue through royalty... Rusia is not fool...i Punjabi Kheda gai na khedan dewa gai.. :)

If Russia dont wanna sell SU35 to Pakistan then can allow China to sell the copy and earn the revenue through royalty... Rusia is not fool...i Punjabi Kheda gai na khedan dewa gai.. :)
It is not that simple as you think Bro, i don't understand punjabi, i am from Karachi

Errr.. My comment doesnt talk of the J-16 or the SU30.. who're you talking to?

Just laughing at how some pdfians do their calculations.

This is real money....Not a game of monopoly lol.

Back
Top Bottom