What's new

PAF has requested for an increase of 1.5 billion dollar in the budget.

everybody is guessing ....... my guess is J-20 or a single engine 5th gen ..... "ab is per bhi tend nahi me hilai to dekna ..... :sniper:sorak tok do ga is tend me ......:cheesy:"

Brother JF17 will not win you a war / cant protect and as you mentioned earlier 5th Gen is little away .In my last comments i have mentioned may be this money is needed for partnering the J31 program remmember J31 is looking an international partner .In my view PAF is evaluating things but considering F16 and JF17 = 150 is not a deterrent force ,till 2025 F16A/B MLU will need another service extension or simply we have to ground them .

Numbers by 2020
JF17 = 150
F16 = 80-100
Still room for 100 fighters and at the same time F16`s need replacements in my view

2020 - need 200 fighters (Jf-17 150 )
2025 - need 50 fighters brand new (replacement of F16 better to replace with single engine 4++)
2030 - All F16s needed to be replaced by platform
the likley hood of collapsing your econmy to run for 4.5 gen modern external aircraft is 10x more than being beaten by indian air force

jf-17 carrires latest gen AESA and air to air missiles, the f-16 carries latest aim 120C
better get these numbers up, we are even struggling to do so.
india got just 36 aircraft for 9 billion dollars, if a 10x bigger economy cant pay for more then 36 how come you can pay for 48 ac, be realistic

my question to those who are looking for numerical numbers, china outgun india by 5X times, i dont see them panicing

Hi,

There are no aesa equipped JF17's---.

And there is no " constant war " between india and china.

Su-35s all the way.

Su-35 is highly unlikely. The PAC Engineers are still reluctant, skeptical and sort of scared of Soviet Tech verses the Western.
It is more likely that they may reconsider the SAAB Gripens. But since that too is going into a joint production with India (unlikely thou) lets see what comes in.

need the money to payoff the Chinese loan for the 50 Block Is and now to pay for the 50 Block IIs. remember the defense budget doesn't include capital investments.
That's interesting to know. I did not know that. You mean to say about $7 billion is just operational expenditure. Then where do they get money for Capitan acquisition?

Regards

In the wake of latest events PAF has requested for increase of Budget by $1.5 billion.
The current developing events has made PAF to request for more budget for the procurement of new Jets. The news has been just broken by Dunya News further information not available that what type of Jets PAF is going to procure. The order of 16 F-16 which were due from USA and were restricted have been dropped and the PAF is going to move in some new direction. With additional $1.5 billion and previous funds received for 16 F-16, PAF has now European Russian and Chinese options left.
Definatily if we can spend so much money on metro train then why not 1.5b for airforce.

Su-35 is highly unlikely. The PAC Engineers are still reluctant, skeptical and sort of scared of Soviet Tech verses the Western.
It is more likely that they may reconsider the SAAB Gripens. But since that too is going into a joint production with India (unlikely thou) lets see what comes in.

I am no inside, not even a military professional to comment with the weight of field. I am rather UX Architect which advocates put the purpose first and set your priorities right. If engineers are reluctant, I get their reasons but are defenders and defence strategist reluctance?

Yes brother this is my point as well but in today world offense is best defense . J31 is last but it enjoys all the development work of J20 .

Although notoriously difficult to keep them fly worthy but RD 93 is plus point so hell yea a good option to have in this price tag

Sir neither of these journalist know about economy nor i think (dont take it personally) Pakistan GDP to debt ratio is quite fine around 2.5%
Can you share any link to prove your point...because in many of the pakistani talk shows most of the panelist are complaining be it geo dunya ary or any other channel

That's interesting to know. I did not know that. You mean to say about $7 billion is just operational expenditure. Then where do they get money for Capitan acquisition?

Regards

the Govt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom