What's new

PAF guys we saw dancing on video are suspended from flying

One can extract so much info from a single pic in our case that you just can imagine the same happening in your case. i wish i could site you an example, but i cant. So things like the one under discussion are taken quite seriously here.

I appreciate and understand your measured response.

There are (or were) two objections that I heard, "lack of professionalism" and "security."

First, security. Always good, but can be taken to levels of paranoia that actually inhibits the functioning of an organization. You and I both know there was nothing in that video that had the slightest security implication. Professionals with access to classified materials take this very seriously indeed. I still carry around in my head material that would get me tossed in jail to this day. Soldiers know the difference.

No soldier is going to make a goof video with sensitive information in it.

Second, professionalism. I agree and understand that Pakistan may have rules that are different than ours. I respect that. But I would venture the opinion that men in an occupation that so commonly meets with death and burial should be allowed such fun, and that commanders who prohibit it are thinking of themselves more than the morale of their guys. Again, just an opinion.

Since the pilots apparently were not disciplined, all is well, but it's still an interesting discussion with relevance.

This is ridiculous if the news is right.. why cant people take it in the right sense.. the video was awesome... i feel sorry for them..

I appreciate and understand your measured response.

There are (or were) two objections that I heard, "lack of professionalism" and "security."

First, security. Always good, but can be taken to levels of paranoia that actually inhibits the functioning of an organization. You and I both know there was nothing in that video that had the slightest security implication. Professionals with access to classified materials take this very seriously indeed. I still carry around in my head material that would get me tossed in jail to this day. Soldiers know the difference.

No soldier is going to make a goof video with sensitive information in it.

Second, professionalism. I agree and understand that Pakistan may have rules that are different than ours. I respect that. But I would venture the opinion that men in an occupation that so commonly meets with death and burial should be allowed such fun, and that commanders who prohibit it are thinking of themselves more than the morale of their guys. Again, just an opinion.

Since the pilots apparently were not disciplined, all is well, but it's still an interesting discussion with relevance.

You are right.

In this particular case if the guys were punished it was primarily because of their 'unbecoming behavior' and not the security lapse. Soldiery is taken very seriously in our part of the world. People here dont like soldiers jumping like monkeys in unifrom, they expect them to be upright, composed, civil and resolute.

i know this may sound absurd to you, how can 'chillin around' be not desirable, but then in our part of the world there's a very clear line which must not be crossed at all times. Some guys doing street dancing might get quite an audience in the US, here they might end up being laughed at, or worst chittar bhi par saktay hain (they might get insulted) :lol:

---

i can see the squadron patches on their uniforms, by knowing the location of the squadron i know that there are F 7s which are kept under normal sheds in routine. Nothing, just think out loud!

They are only grounded. not expelled from service. BTW when you violate the law you are suppose to be kick in the back

I think that the soldiers who fought in Swat and elsewhere should make this kind of video because they faced the real bullets and not COD.

However, all the people talking about discipline in uniform, there is this video of Musharaf dancing with chairman FBR (I GUESS)---Where was the discipline? He did not fight nor did he go to Swat--Ohh, that was enlightenment.

EDIT: And not to mention when he was dancing on Basant in Lahore. I was there---saw him with other guys..He was Army chief at that time.

I think it was 2003/2002.

Last edited:
I think that the soldiers who fought in Swat and elsewhere should make this kind of video because they faced the real bullets and not COD.

However, all the people talking about discipline in uniform, there is this video of Musharaf dancing with chairman FBR (I GUESS)---Where was the discipline? He did not fight nor did he go to Swat--Ohh, that was enlightenment.

What's wrong with you?

Was Gen Musharraf in uniform? Or was he dancing in his Office? If you cant differentiate between the two then i feel sorry for you.

Like i said earlier, you have no idea how jolly the armed forces are but then you dont find it making (viral) rounds around youtube and myspace. This is called discipline.

BTW, did you see the true story namely Glorious Resolve? The thing started by showing soldiers dancing around fire in uniform and that too in active war zone. We call this being alive and jolly, dicking around the airbase is not classified as 'playing it cool!!'

Read the edit:

"Was Gen Musharraf in uniform? Or was he dancing in his Office? If you cant differentiate between the two then i feel sorry for you."

When I saw him, he was in the uniform and dancing.
It was basant in Lahore.

Gen. Moinuddin Haider was Interior minister at that time.

The security was so tight that few kids of politicians could not go 'up stairs' because of several reasons.

The high command took 100% right decision.I am not objecting them having fun but they should do it off duty without uniform..They looked like a bunch of clowns and abusing the uniform (No offense, the image we have of uniformed personal is different ie : Serious , Honest and Hard Working Men not some jokers..)

i have seen Gen Musharraf dancing in a marriage, so what? Like i said, dont consider as if the military is against socializing, i have more than 50 videos with where we have been fooling around and doing acts which would make you rofl, but then i make sure they dont hit the interwebs. Now that's my collection, almost every other dude in the military has its own collection where he or his unit officers/men are playing funky, everybody around us knows about it, but then it remains within that circle. A circle of confederates

Gen Musharraf not only did dance but he also sang once if you remember, so what, we are not in Afghanistan, but then there's a difference between someone dancing (may be uniform) for a minute or two and making a fool of oneself and then uploading the shyt to the internet.

If you know some much about Gen Musharraf, then you must be knowing that Army (and so does the other services) do organize music galas every now and then in cantts and bases and people do dance and sing there, in uniform at times. But you get the difference, right?

saad bro take it easy it was not much then a few minutes fun

Imran bhai, I am all up for fun--in fact, I encourage fun--I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of seniors.

Like a father a son--

Father: "Smoking is bad for health child."
Son: "Why do you smoke than?"

I think that soldiers deal with extreme situations; thus, require some light jokes.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom