What's new

PAF Fire Power 2009

14-1.jpg
[/IMG]

NICEEE!!!!!!!! :enjoy:

That is what I call precision. I wouldnt wanna be the sorry bastard in or near that lavatory.

but ...... please tell me you have a picture of the explosion :woot:

please?

nice pics sir jee!

my point is that was the RAAD also tested in this exercises! if yes we will surely love to see it pictures!

i hope all the members will agree with me on this point! dont you guys!!
we surely wann see RAAD in action!

regards!

sir no reply ot my post!!

can ou kindly tell me about the RAAD, was it used in the exercises?

i will be really gratefull if you can reply me this time and let us all know as it will surely shed some light on the operational status of the system!

thankyou

regards!

Great pics, although some have stopped working now, or never worked. You might want to edit those posts.

Thanks!

The Mirage is so acurate it is almost scary but excellent for us.

On the other end RIP

CAN OUR F-7PGS AND MIRAGES PERFORM THIS VERTICAL PULL-UP
yes Mirage can do it beautifully so can F-7

Mirage III and Mirage V have a TWR of below Unity at Loaded Weight. This means that theoretically, sir, this should be impossible for Mirages loaded for battle. When empty, their TWR can be as high as 0.85 with full afterburners, so they can do an almost vertical climb.

As far as I know, the only aircraft in PAF inventory with a TWR of greater than Unity (One) at Loaded weight is the F-16. Second place goes to the JF-17 with 0.95 TWR at Loaded Weight, and third place goes to F-7P. I even calculated the individual TWRs a while back based on information available online.

F-7E TWR at Loaded Weight and Full Afterburners is 0.90. Assuming the F-7PG weighs 10% more than the basic J-7, that TWR goes down.

Mirage III and Mirage V have the same approximate weight and the same engines with the same rated mechanical power output. At loaded weight and full afterburners at sea level, TWR comes out to be below that of the F-7 (I didn't calculate the exact value). Add to the that all the upgrades carried out on our Mirages, which bring a lot of extra weight to carry, and it would be surprising if they could climb vertically when loaded.

JF-17, at loaded weight and full RD-93 theoretical power output is 0.95 TWR. Therefore, the JF-17 must be able to do an almost vertical acceleration better than anything we have except the F-16. Can't wait until March 23rd Fly-By, I guarantee we'll see a pull-up.

F-16 Block 30, loaded weight and full afterburners, TWR comes out to be 1.095. However, during Air Shows and in the pics above, the F-16 is NOT fully loaded, so its weight is NOT its loaded weight. Assuming Empty weight, TWR comes out to be 1.51 with full afterburners. Newer block F-16s require more powerful engines because of all the added weight. An F-16 without high TWR is like a formula one car with an electric engine. It's possible, but what's the point?

Are these calculations wrong?

what is that underneath the F-16 ??? sniper pod ??
I don't see it. Are you referring to the external fuel tank?

Are these calculations wrong?

I think your calculations are off. I have used value from Wiki for the Block 30.

Max take off weight = 19,200kg = 188,352N. (I have used 9.81 for Gravity)

Max thrust with AB = 128.9kN = 128,900N.

The thrust to weight ratio here = 0.684.

I really don't think there is an operational fighter out there with TWR of more than 1 with a full load. Correct me if I am wrong.

Now if you take the loaded weight of 12,000kg, with an empty weight of 8,670kg, you realise you have 3,330kg of fuel and SRAAMS. From various site, seems there is just over 3,000kg of fuel so the approximately 300kg is for the AIM-9s and pylons. That will give you a TWR of 1.095. I believe my figures will not be exact but not far off.

I have tried to calculate this numbers before. I find myself stuck. This like:
1.) What is normal take off weight? Do you assume full internal fuel?

2.) How many missiles do you do assume? Just two SRAAMs like they do with the JF-17?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom