What's new

PAF Fire Power 2009

How good were F-6s and A-5 are for vertical climb

F-6 with thrust:weight ratio of .86 was slightly better in vertical climb than A-5 that had t/w ratio of .63

A-5 was much more in weight than F-6 but had the same engines i.e WP-6 hence a lower t/w ratio as compare to F-6.

F-6 was very agile in turning battle and was excellent in combat handling between 12000 to 20000 feet,

Guys, this is my video of the Fire Power Demo, being on a different format, there was problem with the sound during conversion, but none the less all the action is visible.

Last edited by a moderator:
F-6 with thrust:weight ratio of .86 was slightly better in vertical climb than A-5 that had t/w ratio of .63

A-5 was much more in weight than F-6 but had the same engines i.e WP-6 hence a lower t/w ratio as compare to F-6.

F-6 was very agile in turning battle and was excellent in combat handling between 12000 to 20000 feet,

To further elaborate the vertical climb of fighters, (correct me if I am wrong) fighters don't always go straight up. They normally do roll-off-the-top maneuvers in between. This is also known as the S-climb.

To further elaborate the vertical climb of fighters, (correct me if I am wrong) fighters don't always go straight up. They normally do roll-off-the-top maneuvers in between. This is also known as the S-climb.

Shehbazi good to see you back..:tup:

Aircraft can go vertical (depending upon its thrust and speed) in any manner..it can either go vertical with or without the rolls...it all depends upon the situation at that time.

What you see on 23 march and other similar occasions, the vertical manoeuvre and the rolls are purely for the showman ship.

In actual combat , you don’t do rolls or unnecessary turns in vertical because this depletes aircraft energy and a pilot always wants to preserve the energy of its machine.....close air combat is all about energy management...the one who does it better...wins.

Shehbazi good to see you back..:tup:

Aircraft can go vertical (depending upon its thrust and speed) in any manner..it can either go vertical with or without the rolls...it all depends upon the situation at that time.

What you see on 23 march and other similar occasions, the vertical manoeuvre and the rolls are purely for the showman ship.

In actual combat , you don’t do rolls or unnecessary turns in vertical because this depletes aircraft energy and a pilot always wants to preserve the energy of its machine.....close air combat is all about energy management...the one who does it better...wins.

and similarly x_man nice to see u back!:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom