What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, it is the case then we are not much in worry area. Though, current affairs and rapid change in geopolitics can make it a bit of bumpy ride so either we choose foolishly or we rise & shine once for all. The point that I observe, has a value that IK said about trust deficit with US. He clearly mentioned our support in Afghan war of 80s and then Pressler sanctions and abandoning us. Then he went on with post 9/11 support for US despite strong reservations but then G.W. Bush Jr promised that it wouldn't be like previous (in-fact they accepted as how they abandoned us) but then again, he highlighted many issues & mistrust in view of our losses due to war on terrorism.

Whether such deal/offer comes to fruition or not; he made it pretty much clear that this time, US too has to work out more than before with concrete evidence & will to respect mutual interest. US can't serve only their national interest.

I was of the opinion that Afghan peace talks will strengthen our case but that we see, has already gone into cold storage that too with a tweet and that's it. Then I see, as why wouldn't Russia will interest to save their national interest and may well seek our help. Then we have China as well that knows as how much Pakistan done for these peace talks. On the other hand, even US suspended the peace talks, there exist the possibility of resumption and beside that, I don't think so that Pentagon will ever wish to loose Pakistan trust for any support in Afghanistan and they know for fact as we do have much more important role than anyone else in this regard. So the bargain chip for Vipers or Cobras may remain Afghanistan & Taliban either by resolution of conflict with peace talks or some other way or kind of arrangements where US has a graceful exit without even signing any contract. (I feel like I have reached a point where I need to stop so pardon me for leaving this point as open ended without any conclusion).

The figure is not confirm or you can say there is no official authenticity. I can guess that 36 was the requirement but it was mentioned here as 24 is the go for new Vipers + upgrade existing fleet of 76 to Viper & then a possible 20 used airframes being bought & upgraded to V level. Actually we are looking at some strong fleet of 120 in Viper configuration. Can you imagine US agreeing for all this in lieu of something less valued? Things are bit complex but as I said above, there are possibilities.

We can't forget that US always claims to maintain balance of military in certain regions merely to keep up her influence. D.C will play the same role here (not for the sake of influence but in-fact for many other reasons as discussed above) when IAF is shopping a lot especially Rafale are coming to the theater with some goodies and possible additions & extra platforms as well. US may not have much of alliance with Pakistan but then again, if India does not feel threatened by Pakistan & China; how could weapon dealers can capture Indian market/earn some good money. On other hand, if US is not selling anything capable, beside losing Indian interest of more weapons; there will be other suppliers that may work with PAF in addition to our own product so US can play both side and earn everything which is a fair game per US interests.

Cobras possibility does exist but there is no chatter about C130s at the moment. Seems like Cobras will make it earlier than Viper kits however, in the end it all depends if such deal/offer comes to reality & being done in real time.

I can be wrong & I welcome any correction but I say, I don't claim anything but observed.

Taiwan's order for 66 new Block 70s (along with other goodies) costs around $8 billion. I am guessing that even if Pakistan goes for 20-24 new jets it would take at least somewhere in the ballpark of $2 billion. So don't you think the rumours about an upgrade of the entire fleet are a little far fetched given that this would increase the total cost even more?

Taiwan's order for 66 new Block 70s (along with other goodies) costs around $8 billion. I am guessing that even if Pakistan goes for 20-24 new jets it would take at least somewhere in the ballpark of $2 billion. So don't you think the rumours about an upgrade of the entire fleet are a little far fetched given that this would increase the total cost even more?
Taiwan got 144 old F16s they gonna get V kits around 5 billions pak has half of 144 so 2.5 billion for current fleet and if we go 36 New probably 4 billion. Pak should go for more used F16s from US and EU around 40 platforms and give them another V upgrades will give us 150-160 all upgraded blk72 vipers amazing punch

Last edited:
Wrong Question.

EW Falcon DA-20 will be giving cover to F-16's and JF-17's when a Rafale decides to makes an appearance, so what will protect Rafale when an Aim120C5 or SD-10 is homing in on it and it will be continuously spot jammed or sweep jammed or even base jammed or a combination of jamming is occurring ?

PAF now have to upgrade those Falcons EW birds as IAF have seen what they can do and now they are on shopping spree to counter them with latest tech and tactics.

Dont the F16D have some serious EW capabilities...?

Can they handle upcoming capabilities of IAF who have seen what PAF can do with those??

PAF now have to upgrade those Falcons EW birds as IAF have seen what they can do and now they are on shopping spree to counter them with latest tech and tactics.
do you understand EW ?

Not just the term, the way its conducted, the components involved, jamming, information, radars etc ? The next step in PAF EW arena is JF-17 Block III; new radar, EW suite etc

Pakistan don't have money and access to tech which US, Israel, France etc are selling to India and training them after 27.02.2019 so anyone who thinks we have enough to handle what Rafale and other new and upgraded systems will add capabilities to IAF is fool.

Not just the term, the way its conducted, the components involved, jamming, information, radars etc ? The next step in PAF EW arena is JF-17 Block III; new radar, EW suite etc
Which of the two has a more superior EW capabilities between the two...
The F-16 or the F-18 (Super Hornet)/EA-18G (Growler).

The Growler has picked up/replaced the Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler which was initially the backbone of the USN for decades.

I take it that the JF-17B will be utilized for EW, rather than Training.

Pakistan don't have money and access to tech which US, Israel, France etc are selling to India and training them after 27.02.2019 so anyone who thinks we have enough to handle what Rafale and other new and upgraded systems will add capabilities to IAF is fool.
People like you claiming same before 27 feb.. Did not you???

Which of the two has a more superior EW capabilities between the two...
The F-16 or the F-18 (Super Hornet)/EA-18G (Growler).

The Growler has picked up/replaced the Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler which was initially the backbone of the USN for decades.

I take it that the JF-17B will be utilized for EW, rather than Training.
EA-18G is specialized for EW.

PAF has USA and Chinese tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom