What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind going towards China bt if u compare it with Russian tech, Russians r clearly more experienced and capable of those 2?
About Russians acceptance, of our buying, it hell more easier then wht we hve suffered for a dam F16S in our history?
And actully, Russians r more eager to let us buy it, cause then thy can square off with india which isn't buying anymore jets from Russia, once any deal comes up with pakistan, hell India may shoot a bigger order to Russia?
So our deal will be much more valuable for Russia, cause it can open Russia to many other countries who r still in Americans strategical web?

From China in case, we should go for other toys which can be more capable then j10s?
Cause j10s r similar, to F16S or very near to, it thus we need a deep striker then a defender jet?
J11 b or J20S can be better choice thn J10s?
And I gss, 1 or more times Russian defence minstry officials found interested in su 35 deal with Pakistan, bt it's the mind set if some of our military leadership who gets kickbacks and whole of thier dam families becomes immigrants in America Thy can live, do studies, and thier kids can work thier? Thts the bitter part behind Pakistans over relience on F16S?
with Russia its just ill be military hard ware deal bt not the perks these old mindset looking for thier kids future?
There should be a inquiry tht why PAF like to buy dam F16S, it's a big scandle for me at least
Bro Bro you should consider Russian want a hard cash not like USA or China they will gives their weapons on CSF/soft loans respectively, we currently have no $$$$ to purchase big ticket items from Russia, but your Choice of J-11/J-20s is out of equation, China can't export J-11 because its design is Russian INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, J-20 is Barred for export according to Chinese governmental laws like USAF F-22, and cheaper option will be latest version of JH-7, its have a heavy payloads,it can defend itself using BVR etc etc @batmannow

Holy Sh!t. Its like going to Toys R Us.

Lets get some some Su-35's, and some J-10's. Ooh ooh, how about some J-20's as well.

Why not get some Su-57's while we're at it... Khuab pora!

One of the things, that people fail to realize is that though Democrats seem very likable (Clinton/Obama), they've never sided with Pakistan. We always managed to have a better understanding with Republicans (Reagan/Bush Snr/Bush Jr and what appears to be in the form of Trump.

Apparently, F-16 is old tech & the world has moved on... Riiight... I guess no one gave that memo to the 5-6 Nations that just placed orders for those Block 70/72's.

With F-16's, you've got nearly 4 decades of experience Pilot & Maintenance Crew. Its parts are available Worldwide.

The Su-35. Has anyone even bought that jet as of late? If it breaks down, and Russia sides with India not to sell us spares. They're just expensive paper weights.

I'm sure the Sukhoi is a great jet with its vector thrust & barrel rolls, but we're not looking for a jet that is used only in Air Shows (no offence India).

frist listen from the mouth of one of Pakistans elite pilot says about F16S!
Thn remember one thing, it's not Jst money which plays role in life?
As we all see, cepec and the situation in Iran and Afghanistan RUSSIA, CHINAs preference will be pakistan because of its location and tht also plays a biger part in deals, I gss Russian president putin is comming soon to Islamabad, and I won't be shocked if this SU 35s deal gets announced and belive me Russia has bigger and better history in making deals and keeping them thn if USA?
RUSSIA also can give soft loans and can negociate some deal with pakistan, so I still see a chance seeing a SU35 in pakistani camouflaged colors???

Holy Sh!t. Its like going to Toys R Us.

Lets get some some Su-35's, and some J-10's. Ooh ooh, how about some J-20's as well.

Why not get some Su-57's while we're at it... Khuab pora!

One of the things, that people fail to realize is that though Democrats seem very likable (Clinton/Obama), they've never sided with Pakistan. We always managed to have a better understanding with Republicans (Reagan/Bush Snr/Bush Jr and what appears to be in the form of Trump.

Apparently, F-16 is old tech & the world has moved on... Riiight... I guess no one gave that memo to the 5-6 Nations that just placed orders for those Block 70/72's.

With F-16's, you've got nearly 4 decades of experience Pilot & Maintenance Crew. Its parts are available Worldwide.

The Su-35. Has anyone even bought that jet as of late? If it breaks down, and Russia sides with India not to sell us spares. They're just expensive paper weights.

I'm sure the Sukhoi is a great jet with its vector thrust & barrel rolls, but we're not looking for a jet that is used only in Air Shows (no offence India).
Sure thn we shouldnt hve made. JFT s and shouldn't spent so much money when we hve our dam experience with F16S?
Or else we should hve asked 104 starfighters cause thy r more older then dam F16S in our fleet?
We should hve stick with all old world War 2 jets cause we had experiences with them?
Evn Sabers we should be flying them, cause thy were best jets in our airforce?
With ur logic, we should live a happy life untill this world ends with F16S and get our pride gets kicked out by any dam American president Or its any key officials when ever thy be having a bad mood????

@batmannow
Times change. Leaders change. Politics change.

Going into a venture with the Chinese was a good move because we required to have an in-house jet that we could call our own.

You're so hell bent on the Russian Su-35's...fine. When the UN Security Council is in session in regard to Kashmir..., we'll find out how much your Russian friends would be willing to do business with Pakistan. I bet my (retro) Air Jordan IV that they'll VETO.

Even if I were to buy your rhetoric about buying the Sukhoi's...it would suit India just well. Make us spend Millions on Russian equipment & then India would dictate of what needs to be done.

Now coming to the United States... Seriously, we've seen what its like to be on the wrong side of a Super Power like the US. Sure, you have next Super Power in the form of China next to you, but they aren't handing out J-10's, Destroyers & Aircraft Carriers like candy in our direction either.

Dealing with the US is not just about Defense Contracts and Aid. There is (always) a bigger picture in play.

Finally, I admire Shahid Latif as much as the next guy. The man was one of the first to go to the US to get trained on the F-16 & was also the first to land it on our soil. However, his statements have changed in regards to the events of 27th Feb. On a couple of occasions he spoke of the F-16 going up against the MiG-21.

The might of the F-16 in the PAF inventory has proven over & over - as Wg Cdr. Noman Ali Khan & Sqn Ldr. Hasan Siddiqui are living proof.

Sure thn we shouldnt hve made. JFT s and shouldn't spent so much money when we hve our dam experience with F16S?
Or else we should hve asked 104 starfighters cause thy r more older then dam F16S in our fleet?
We should hve stick with all old world War 2 jets cause we had experiences with them?
Evn Sabers we should be flying them, cause thy were best jets in our airforce?
With ur logic, we should live a happy life untill this world ends with F16S and get our pride gets kicked out by any dam American president Or its any key officials when ever thy be having a bad mood????
F-16 is still consider one of the most feared and versatile jet, and why USAF and others respected air forces using this so called your OUTDATED jet @batmannow

Last edited by a moderator:
Decade old mind set dyin for a glimpse of a fighter jet which is already absolute in the world?
There is nothin anything special evn if it's BLK 90 or dam 99, these r old jets, just like a AMG whichs been customized years out and in?
Whts thier worth in a a dog fight not against a rattled airforce like IAF bt against a real deal like Israeli airforce?
How long it can stand?
I gss BLK 3 of JFT would be a better choice thn tht, cause this dam thing is letting our national pride clipped into some child molester American senators hands?
Who like a dam vice roy, can announced a ban anytime he is roughed up?
Time has long gone for PAF to deattach itself from, that fake sense of ownership of tht dam machine?
PAF should get some, next gen fighter jets from RUSSIA and thn look into its blue prints and mesh up tht tech with the experience from tht F16+JFT structures???

Thts the latest of BLK 999 PAF is willing to get from usa??????
Psychological factor plays its part so F-16 thrives in PAF. Logically 70 odd planes shouldn't be a threat to 200+ modern planes of IAF, but these 70 F-16's will cause massive damage and losses to IAF before they are shot down.

V-upgrade to older MLUs wouldn't increase range and in most cases wouldn't affect payload too, but a few extra sensors and some new ordnance type will always cause a deeply rooted headache to IAF. A small thorn stems into poisoned ivy. What was once thought to be a BVR(W)-less aircraft, basically toothless fighter, has risen to become an un-avoidable constant threat in the air. Same is the case with PAF Mirages about which IAF knows that they can be expected into IAF airspace in the middle of the night on any date. Suddenly 240 SU-30 start to feel too less in numbers, Tejas becomes incapable of taking the insecurity away and now all faith is shifted into Rafale as a saviour from PAF's old and seemingly obsolete aircraft. Interim solution for Rafale is F-16 V upgrade or Block 70/72. Another psychological play card that acquisition of a new weapons platform will not let IAF enjoy the superiority which it so badly wants as its earned right (due to size and budget basically economy and weapons race) over a smaller Air Force like PAF.

If F-16 is enough to give nightmares day and night to IAF, then F-16 has proved its worth.

Let JFT evolve into something bigger than what was envisioned by everyone including PAF itself. In the longer run, JFT is an ideal candidate for a "war of attrition" which PAF couldn't reliably sustain before the 1980's. In the 1990's, F-7 was that contender, but JFT is a major leap in all spheres of combat for PAF.

But who holds the fear factor ? yup, F-16 !

Israeli-AF designs and plannings recently spiralled in a pit fall in Feb 2019. With all the technical assistance, mission planning and years of experience that Israeli AF brought over to Indian AF, the results were still not achieved. Israelis are smart, they know their strengths as well as their limitations. Had this not been the case, F-15Is would have been flying alongside MKIs in IAF airspace. And if that had happened then a few nations standing alongside Pakistan would also have jumped in with their inventory of aircraft. No country would jeopardise relations with major stakeholders and no country would want to get blamed for starting a conflict which turns into global turmoil eventually leading to a world war after the sides are drawn. In all the current global military engagements taking place in the world, you will not see two balanced opponents entering into a conflict. Such a narrative doesn't suit the stakeholders.

They (Sidewinder X) cost roughly around $600,000/-

You could get Two AIM-120 (AMRAAM) for that price.

You don't know why AIM-9X class AAM is very important for PAF?

Why India bought R-73, ASRAAM, MICA, Python AAMs???

They have their own huge importance in air warfare.

You don't know why AIM-9X class AAM is very important for PAF?

Why India bought R-73, ASRAAM, MICA, Python AAMs???

They have their own huge importance in air warfare.
They also have a budget 8-10 times more than us so its pretty easy for them to go on a shopping spree. Another factor is if the US is willing to sell us those Sidewinders (even) for our current inventory.

Hell, if the Block 70/72 deal does go through - Raytheon may give us a groupon discount on the Aim-9X with the purchase of the AMRAAMS.

Khafee Leaks : 2019
-----> Orders placed :2020
-----> First Demo flies : 2021~2022
------> Deliveries complete :2022~2023

Even if PAF get 150 F-16s, I would still recommend that PAF should get either J-10C or J-16..

Even if PAF get 150 F-16s, I would still recommend that PAF should get either J-10C or J-16..
PAF will persist with JF-17 and will only buy 5th Generation Fighter jet in 4 to 5 year time as we have limited budget so need to spend sensibly and in next 4 to 5 year fight jet without stealth technology will become sitting ducks

150...F-16's is a pipe dream so lets leave it at that & come down to reality. Getting our inventory upto 100 F-16 altogether.

(If) the F-16's aren't available to us, we should seriously consider the export variant of the J-10's because while the the JF-17 Block III & B-variant are coming in, its good to something heavy duty too. I'm not a fan of the J-11's or J-16's.

Khafee! you have built such high hopes for everyone that if (God for bid) it doesn't happen, we ALL will combine to send you to the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.
Why all the way to Turkey...?
Look, if you want to inflict pain on someone - just send him to Mena Bazaar in Bur Dubai. Shear Torture...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom