What's new

PAF Exercise High Mark - 2010

24230377599383015682083.jpg

I may very well be wrong but to me, this does not look like an AIM-9P but a R-Darter being fired from a Mirage... What you guys think?

I apologize, it can't be R-Darter since the aircraft in the picture is F-7P not Mirage and Grifo-7 just does not have range to fire a BVR AAM such as R-Darter. I got confused due to the white color of the seeker and darker fins; it could be an AIM-9L.

An easier way to tell is that the aircraft flying is a F-7P and not an F-7PG (the wing is a double-cranked delta, which is not the case in the picture). The F-7Ps are only mated to AIM-9Ps and PL series of AAMs. Only the F-7PGs are mated to AIM-9Ls.

hence it looks like an AIM-9P to me.

An easier way to tell is that the aircraft flying is a F-7P and not an F-7PG (the wing is a double-cranked delta, which is not the case in the picture). The F-7Ps are only mated to AIM-9Ps and PL series of AAMs. Only the F-7PGs are mated to AIM-9Ls.

hence it looks like an AIM-9P to me.

I HAVE SEEN F-7P CARRYING AIM-9L &this could be an aim-9p but aim-9L are also mated to f-7p!:pakistan:

Last edited:
My Father fired first AIM-9L sidewinder from an F-7P and also he was awarded a trophy for that he was the first pilot to fire it !!!:victory::yahoo::pakistan:this could be an aim-9p but aim-9L are also mated to f-7p!

SH, great point. I suspect that the integration work went beyond the PGs because the PGs were the first non-Western platform to have the AIM-9L missile integrated.

---------------------------------------
You Guys need to gain some muscle. For skinny guys the G-force will knock them out very quickly.

Another troll???

by the way, height has more of a bearing on how one responds to G-forces. (Taller height is disadvantageous)

g-tolerance can be trainable, and our pilots are very much fit for the job. Past performance (war and peacetime) confirms this. ;)

PAF Exercise High Mark 2010 would be fully integrated with Army Field Exercise, April 5, 2010: Army Field Exercise, “Azm-e-Nau-3”, is scheduled to be held from April 10 to May 13, 2010. The field exercise involves troops belonging to all arms and services and also includes Pakistan Air Force. All available surveillance and reconnaissance assets would be practiced /utilized to validate their efficacy. [Source: ISPR]

:cheers::pakistan:

PAF to hold fire power display today. ACM and PM will be present at the event expect some fireworks.

Pak Air Force shows power in Thal​

Updated at: 1126 PST, Tuesday, April 06, 2010
KARACHI: Pakistan Air Force is displaying its acumen in aerial capability today in Jhang area of Thal in connection with countrywide high mark exercises, Geo News reported Tuesday.

Various practices including air-to-land targeting with missiles and bombs are being conducted during the exercises.

The high-mark exercises will include the display of drone planes being used in ground operation against the extremists in the ongoing anti-terror war in collaboration with the PAF.

The PAF exercises commenced in mid-March to last for another two months.

The drills happening every fifth year, are a means to assay the professional capability, expertise and war preparations of the PAF.

Pak Air Force shows power in Thal - GEO.tv

It's LIVE right now on PTV News.

A mirage coming in with air to ground weapon

4 F-16s no. 9 squadron coming in now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom