What's new

PAF Deploys to Northern Territories

Lack of strategic planning. If the navy can go on the sort of buying spree we have seen the past 2.5 years, there’s no reason why the PAF cant buy couple squadrons of J-10s to provide the JF-17 an adequate hunting partner
Hi I think we don’t need j10b at the moment specially for hunting as we can hunt IAF well within our boundaries but I agree with you that if PAF has to go for hunting then j10 won’t be a candidate as you need a long range twin engines for that purpose which at the moment as not possible until IAF start getting Rafale dilevery
Getting j10c even china start inducting those recently with upgraded Aesa radar so Pakistan doesn’t have $ to get something before it got matured fully with the parent country
Hopefully we will get something from China very soon but I’m sure that will/should be twin engines my friend
Thank you

Money isn’t the issue. The naval acquisitions proof that.

PAF is not even doing basic due diligence. For example, the Israelis have years been training with the Greeks to develop countermeasures against the S-300. Similarly, the Indians have long trained with the Singapore Air Force’s F-16s. PAF has never trained with the Malaysian Air Force whose Sukhios are the closest you will get to the SU-30MKI. PAF uses tired cliches and false sense of confidence. It’s fast becoming an obsolete force.

What’s stopping the PAF to get the J-10s on deferred payments? In recent years, the navy bought 8 brand new submarines, 04 Type 041 frigates, Ada corvettes, Dutch & American corvettes & inducted plethora of armaments including cruise missiles. And we are to believe the Air Force can’t buy couple squadrons of J-10?
What about the Chinese SU30 MKK? Is that not enough?

Considering the B-52 will complete a centennial when it is finally slated for retirement- I would be less harsh on the age of the airframe.

Except you don’t see the B-52s falling out of the skies on regular intervals

What about the Chinese SU30 MKK? Is that not enough?

The Chinese operate the Su-30MKK while the Malaysians deploy the SU-30MKM. The SU-30MKM is basically the SU-30MKI with avionics differences. As far as I know, PAF never trained against the SU-MKMs nor has it trained against the Egyptian or Qatari Rafaels

The Chinese operate the Su-30MKK while the Malaysians deploy the SU-30MKM. The SU-30MKM is basically the SU-30MKI with avionics differences. As far as I know, PAF never trained against the SU-MKMs nor has it trained against the Egyptian or Qatari Rafaels
Because they have eight engines... not one that if it fails on finals brings the jet down.
B-52’s dont also end up pulling 6G’s in training too.

Money isn’t the issue. The naval acquisitions proof that.

PAF is not even doing basic due diligence. For example, the Israelis have years been training with the Greeks to develop countermeasures against the S-300. Similarly, the Indians have long trained with the Singapore Air Force’s F-16s. PAF has never trained with the Malaysian Air Force whose Sukhios are the closest you will get to the SU-30MKI. PAF uses tired cliches and false sense of confidence. It’s fast becoming an obsolete force.

What’s stopping the PAF to get the J-10s on deferred payments? In recent years, the navy bought 8 brand new submarines, 04 Type 041 frigates, Ada corvettes, Dutch & American corvettes & inducted plethora of armaments including cruise missiles. And we are to believe the Air Force can’t buy couple squadrons of J-10?

Hi,

There is arrogance in the high ranks of PAF---arrogance breeds treason---.

There is treason in the ranks of Paf against the state---.

RMAF never invited PAF for exercises with Hornets, Fulcrums and Flankers....the latter could be due to IAF IPs present in their squadrons as advisory roles....

Qatar does not have Rafales yet. Egyptians are very careful with who they deploy for exercises. Years ago at a post-briefing I asked an Egyptian major why did they bring their F-16A/Bs and not the latest ones to the exercise. His response we want to keep our tactical abilities up on par on our legacy fighters for this portion of the year and when the timing is right then we will employ our latest platforms in international exercises...

China has already give a lot of deferred payments and stuff .. no more , you need something pay for it and get them and PAF has no cash . We couldn't buy 8 much needed F-16's block 52 which are better than J-10's , our AH-Z1 are still not in PA similar reason . NAVY is also on full extended their purchase for next 5-8 years .. they wont be buying much , and as for ADA , American Corvette they are not yet confirmed .

if China is ready to give us more loan , i would rather go for J-11 or J-16's for Naval Strike and 1 Sqs for deep strike missions .

Buying on loans is not a wise idea, especially as we are already over extended in our debt to the Chinese. Couple that with the fact that J-10 brings very little incremental improvement over JF-17, it does not make sense to buy just for the sake of it. If PAF was in desperation mode, it could just start building 24-25 JF-17s locally to fill any gaps. But that is not the case, most likely because PAF is going to utilize the airframe life that is left in the F-7s, Mirages and T-37s etc, and go for newer aircraft as they are needed. Remember, a penny saved is a penny earned, and in Pakistan's case, we need to be very stringent on new purchases with our forex, regardless of how we feel and want to counter IAF acquisitions.

PS I am still not over the fact that PLAAF did not buy its share of FC-1s as was intended, to bring down unit costs.

RMAF never invited PAF for exercises with Hornets, Fulcrums and Flankers....the latter could be due to IAF IPs present in their squadrons as advisory roles....

Qatar does not have Rafales yet. Egyptians are very careful with who they deploy for exercises. Years ago at a post-briefing I asked an Egyptian major why did they bring their F-16A/Bs and not the latest ones to the exercise. His response we want to keep our tactical abilities up on par on our legacy fighters for this portion of the year and when the timing is right then we will employ our latest platforms in international exercises...

It’s not the Malaysians who need to extend the invitation. It’s the PAF that should be pursuing these routes aggressively until they get Malaysian buy-in. Same case with the Egyptians. PAF should use whatever tool in its disposal to get the Qatari & Egyptian Air forces to agree on a regular Excercise along the lines of Indus Viper and Anatolian Eagle.

Appreciate your comments. I always look forward to reading them.

China has already give a lot of deferred payments and stuff .. no more , you need something pay for it and get them and PAF has no cash . We couldn't buy 8 much needed F-16's block 52 which are better than J-10's , our AH-Z1 are still not in PA similar reason . NAVY is also on full extended their purchase for next 5-8 years .. they wont be buying much , and as for ADA , American Corvette they are not yet confirmed .

if China is ready to give us more loan , i would rather go for J-11 or J-16's for Naval Strike and 1 Sqs for deep strike missions .

The issue of F-16 & Vipers not coming have more to do with geopolitics rather than on finances.

Back
Top Bottom