What's new

PAF Deploys to Northern Territories

Seems like Indian army are ready set for a limited border excursion... we need to use our local assets and SSG’s to blow up their forward ammo dump and forward communications camp

Attachments

• F563A5B4-6DE0-4E35-8125-BCA4AD99CCE2.png
    F563A5B4-6DE0-4E35-8125-BCA4AD99CCE2.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 141
Why not KLJ-7A?
Can be done, Israeli's upgraded Kfir's with AESA for export but several reasons why it doesnt make sense for PAF.
1. KLJ-7A is not in serial production, it is still being tweaked, will be first used on JF-17 Block-3. It is also the rumored radar for J-31. So immediate availability is in question.
2. Mirage nose cone will require modification or down scaling of the antenna size. Tailoring it requires time and money.
3. A AESA radar is expensive, a western equivalent AESA radar is definitely worth more than the price of one of these Mirage's. No idea on KLJ-7A price but it will not be financially feasible for a platform that is expected to be retired soon.
4. Mirage power system will have to be completely upgraded and revamped for the new systems which again might not be financially advisable on a platform due to be phased out.

Twitter buzzing with this news.

''All intelligence reporting are confirming very heavy Indian troops & artillery deployment along the Line of Control in Kashmir. This is confirmed indicator of a planned Indian attack.... All Pakistani army units & PAF have been put on red alert. This is as serious as it can get.''

Even if they start going la la over a fake surgical strike again.
What I want is for us to go and do a real strike and show them the proof and show them how its done.
It's not only about some damage done, its more about moral and self respect.

then why are they deploying jets in northern areas? actions speak louder then words.

Nothing on the horizon, just an over analysis of approaching elections in India and the incident wherein mutilation of BSF jawan's body took place across International Border a few days back leading to precautionary deployment.

highly unlikely. indians are not stupid. learn from the history. with few exceptions they make military adventures with lot of planning. they are not like us who start wars (65 ,71 and kargil) and then realize oops we were not expecting such a massive response. most likely we will see some terrorist attacks.

An astute observation. One that few here would be willing to make. It would be a grave mistake to push India beyond a certain point especially as the economic woes worsen in Pakistan. Many here are loathe to accept that Indian economy is doing extremely well and has the deep pockets to outspend Pakistan on military acquisition without affecting the major programs in India. The same, my friend, can not be said for Pakistan - the ability to match.

And it is all, at the end of the day, a war of perception. Only a fool will fight a war where you can win/achieve objectives without one. If India ups the ante on equipment modernization and makes enough public awareness campaigns in doing so, a response on Pakistani side will have to be there, otherwise the morale of the troops and the nation takes a dent.

What I heard latest if india use airforce, they will use Afganistan airbase from west side. We should deploy few squardon there. but I don't think India will go for war. We can hold india for one + week which is enough buy time to mobilize 110 nuclear weapons.

Hey @Peaceful Civilian your post here is anything but peaceful.

Your information is incorrect and fictional at best. It would serve you well to ignore such overblown ideas. India will never ever make a mistake of using Afghanistan soil for any military activity of the nature you have hinted at. Reason - it shall then give Pakistan the validity of it's claims of a fear of military encirclement by India to justify the meddling in Afghanistan and supporting Taliban there.

That would make all Afghan air bases including that of US and NATO fair game for PAF retaliation. And this time i dont expect anyone from the government to call PAF and tell them to stand down like last time.

That, I hope, is purely your own assessment, right? Because I sincerely doubt that GoP and Pakistani forces are that stupid.

And india is no tiger my friend more like puss cat , get your facts right and Pakistan has never started any war nor intend too ... we have more then our hands full just as we always have and so shall we survive like we always have and always will.

My Dear Sir.

The joke of the day? Or chickens coming home to roost? (The Education System adopted under Gen Zia?)

well recently one month ago in kargil sector we killed 7 indian soldiers n recapurted a post lost before.

Really? Care to tell me the feature?

@Joe Shearer

This is a good one ;)

That radar required a re-engineering of nose cone in even the Thunder. Given cooling requirements, unlikely on the Mirages except if they also upgrade the engine. That said, it IS theoretically possible to get a custom version of RD-93 for the Mirages...
Will depend on the nose cone size(I think from memory it is around 530 to 560 mm). RD 93 will most likely have to be modified so what purpose will it serve to spend so much money modifying a PD radar for a 60 yrs old plane that is facing obsolescence. If it can go in as it is it might be a good idea otherwise not.
A

Last edited:
That, I hope, is purely your own assessment, right? Because I sincerely doubt that GoP and Pakistani forces are that stupid.

You nitpick my post. I said if India uses Afghan airspace to attack Pakistan, that would only make it a fair game for PAF to retaliate and make no mistake about it we will retaliate irrespective of which base India uses.

Hi thanks for your reply only problem at the moment with jf17 2-3 is they are not been able to carry Raad missile which I think is a drawback
Thank you
To think of Mirage as a Raád carrier only, is kind of a limited approach. On the other hand, JF-17 cannot fulfill all roles such as stealth, deep strike etc.

Even if they start going la la over a fake surgical strike again.
What I want is for us to go and do a real strike and show them the proof and show them how its done.
It's not only about some damage done, its more about moral and self respect.
Bhai jan.
We are financially bust and you want to go on an adventure which could risk a serious response and consequently full fledged war. You really think in their election year, you strike their Corps and they will sit back and let it go.Naa bhai, you deploy forces and only intiiate vigorous defensive maneouvers on being subjected to offense. Interestingly, you dont have to return captured lands if the other side has initiated incursions.

Back
Top Bottom