What's new

PAF Chief in Washington

in short.... no. why? theres no need for them anymore. and there too expensive and unjustifiable in small numbers

I know. My question was rhetorical. IF we aren't going to buy them, then why bother discussing their royalties? A moot point in my opinion.

On the flip side we could actually do with two or three squadrons. Their higher thrust engine, AESA radar, fiber optic bus, internal sensors, EMP shielding, two to three squadrons, could be very formidable as a stop gap measure.

I know. My question was rhetorical. IF we aren't going to buy them, then why bother discussing their royalties? A moot point in my opinion.

On the flip side we could actually do with two or three squadrons. Their higher thrust engine, AESA radar, fiber optic bus, internal sensors, EMP shielding, two to three squadrons, could be very formidable as a stop gap measure.
the blk 61 uses GE engines whilst pakistans f16's uses PW so inducting GE engines would increase costs as a facility would need to to be built to accommodate the new engine maintenance and servicing.

the blk 61 uses GE engines whilst pakistans f16's uses PW so inducting GE engines would increase costs as a facility would need to to be built to accommodate the new engine maintenance and servicing.
And lets just ignore the higher thrust of the engine, AESA radar, EMP shielding, IRST, internal sensors etc .

Secondly, like I quoted the other gentleman, lets talk about it, WHEN PAF decides to buy it. No point in beating a dead horse.

I think the suggestion is to order same configuration (as of UAE Blk-60) from US. Sticking point being exclusive rights of UAE to this configuration and questions being 1) will US agree to sell this configuration to Pakistan 2) Will UAE agree to the same 3) if answer to 1 and 2 is yes then will Pakistan have to pay license fee to UAE as per any agreement which may exist between US and UAE.

On the other hand I believe F-16V is a better option for Pakistan. Should US agree, Pakistan must pursue that course. Ideally picking up Blk-20/25/30 and upgrade them to V standards. 30-40 of them should do.

Without AESA or with AESA? I do not know if without AESA they are the best[/QUOTE]

I am not at the liberty of disclosing his real identity here, he lurks around here sometimes but has been inactive for a long time now. The new ACM is an able commander, more like a fighter pilot type commander instead of a 'manager'. I'm not sure about the exercise at this point in time, but a joint exercise with UAE is very much needed.
I observed the ACM when he was a cadet, what a pleasant person.

Having a strong lobby in england doesn't means that the English govt will be willing to do whatever we want ?
We don't want to do whatever we want. We simply have to do a business. Getting a deal out of Brits is the best option secondry only to Chinese. There are few factors which are in our favour at this moment which can help us getting the deal from Brits. First one is Nawaz Sharif being PM and close to Brits compare to US or Russia. Imagine NS asking for F35s from President Obama or trying to get over the Indian hurdle in trying to get a best possible deal for Su 35s. I think PmlN govt will feel more confidence negotiating with Brits if PAF puts enough pressure on Govt in power. Secondly we can use Saudi influence in EF case since they already have the aircraft and have contacts already. This can help us overcome India or Israel pressure. PS both of these countries are not on Brits good side so Brits wont care. Regarding technology transfer hurdle i think Brits and Chinese will be more closer to each other since both are pissed off at Trans-Pacific Patnership.
At this moment Chinese don't have an aircraft that is on offer to us which is as good as Rafale/EF/SU35. PS we already have JF program with them so we just need to stay focused on that and any new development in China appropriately integrated into JF. In future 5th gen yes but wait until both of Chinese 5th gen fighter are fully developed and choose the best out of two.
We do indeed are in need of a new twin engine fighter immediately because ones weakness emboldens the enemy. EF cuts the training, integration,cost and gives the best defence which will be available to us for next 30 years. And as i said before it uses F16 armament and any new developments eg advanced BVRs or short range missiles or any of the new goodies on EF will have more chance of being integrated into F16s as a result giving F16s longer lifetime as well.
The time window for getting EF is very narrow because once President Obama is out of the office PAF wont be able to withstand American pressure and we will keep falling back to Chinese plan therefore releasing the pressure on the enemy and making the task easier for enemy to develop strategies easily for both fronts. EF will change the game because it will force enemy to have different and therfore complicated and confused strategies for both fronts and we can keep an edge over enemy.
Sorry guys i didn't want to lecture on this thing because i know there are much smarter brains who are doing a good job. But i think my veiws about the need of long range aircraft represents the feelings of lots of Pakistanis. And i hope this message can be heard up there and something should be done very soon. And also it will feel good knowing that even best will Pi*s in pants when they will see PAF boys on EF now thats what a call a truly 4++++combo deadly, reliable and truly second to none.

Last edited:
All this talk about Pakistan acquiring more F-16s is nothing more than a fetish. It's 1970s technology! Better Pakistan spent its resources acquiring newer, and better, technology.

All this talk about Pakistan acquiring more F-16s is nothing more than a fetish. It's 1970s technology! Better Pakistan spent its resources acquiring newer, and better, technology.
Your Su-27's are 70's technology. Educate yourself.

What is 70's technology in current F-16's? give one example.

We don't want to do whatever we want. We simply have to do a business. Getting a deal out of Brits is the best option secondry only to Chinese. There are few factors which are in our favour at this moment which can help us getting the deal from Brits. First one is Nawaz Sharif being PM and close to Brits compare to US or Russia. Imagine NS asking for F35s from President Obama or trying to get over the Indian hurdle in trying to get a best possible deal for Su 35s. I think PmlN govt will feel more confidence negotiating with Brits if PAF puts enough pressure on Govt in power. Secondly we can use Saudi influence in EF case since they already have the aircraft and have contacts already. This can help us overcome India or Israel pressure. PS both of these countries are not on Brits good side so Brits wont care. Regarding technology transfer hurdle i think Brits and Chinese will be more closer to each other since both are pissed off at Trans-Pacific Patnership.
At this moment Chinese don't have an aircraft that is on offer to us which is as good as Rafale/EF/SU35. PS we already have JF program with them so we just need to stay focused on that and any new development in China appropriately integrated into JF. In future 5th gen yes but wait until both of Chinese 5th gen fighter are fully developed and choose the best out of two.
We do indeed are in need of a new twin engine fighter immediately because ones weakness emboldens the enemy. EF cuts the training, integration,cost and gives the best defence which will be available to us for next 30 years. And as i said before it uses F16 armament and any new developments eg advanced BVRs or short range missiles or any of the new goodies on EF will have more chance of being integrated into F16s as a result giving F16s longer lifetime as well.
The time window for getting EF is very narrow because once President Obama is out of the office PAF wont be able to withstand American pressure and we will keep falling back to Chinese plan therefore releasing the pressure on the enemy and making the task easier for enemy to develop strategies easily for both fronts. EF will change the game because it will force enemy to have different and therfore complicated and confused strategies for both fronts and we can keep an edge over enemy.
Sorry guys i didn't want to lecture on this thing because i know there are much smarter brains who are doing a good job. But i think my veiws about the need of long range aircraft represents the feelings of lots of Pakistanis. And i hope this message can be heard up there and something should be done very soon. And also it will feel good knowing that even best will Pi*s in pants when they will see PAF boys on EF now thats what a call a truly 4++++combo deadly, reliable and truly second to none.
Just put one thing in your mind , Brits would never deal with us , without getting any advise from USA ?
So either , you deal with Brits or Yankees for them it same bussines out there ?

Russians just put lockon s , or simple secret signatures been relesesd when the sold fighter jet approaches near any ruusian teritory & that's it ?
Russians not put any kill switch in the planes ?
Tide has changes , China & Russia wants to share a common , military base in Pakistan with PA & PAF under some military pact , sure which will be under Pakistan's command ?
so chances are bright till we don't fick that up ?

I am not concerned about whether they'll know the flight path or not my concern is they'll know where their plane is? And if your answer is yes then how can we trust them right now that they wont ditch us and share the information with IAF. I am quiet aware of the fact how close Russia and China are and our friendship with China has brought us close to Russia as well. However on the other hand we can see India's friendship with Russian can be compared to China and Pakistan. All I am saying at the moment although Su-35 is the best thing we can get but it must not be the only thing we should relay on because if we do that it means we have learned nothing from the past (I mean F-16 and USA's embargo), if we are going for a 4+ gen fighter it must be a combination of Russian and Chinese flankers.

As far as Russia and China having a base in Pakistan is concerned I highly doubt that happening. Though there are high chances that China might station some of its vessels near Gwadar once PCEC opens but again that would cause some eyebrows to rise and some butthurts.

2 out of 14 F-16s have already arrived. Is PAF chief looking to agree USA to buy F-16s from Venezuela, Jordan and may be from Norway too along with some 32 new F-16s for Shahbaz Air base?

Back
Top Bottom