What's new

PAF Chief in Washington

I think he's alluding to purchasing similar vipers UAEAF has gotten. Your vipers are the best ones out there and will certainly keep doing exemplary service to the UAE.

Sir, we are not disposing of our vipers, On the contrary, we are increasing their numbers. So why should we be giving them to anyone?

Sir, we are not disposing of our vipers, On the contrary, we are increasing their numbers. So why should we be giving them to anyone?

I think the suggestion is to order same configuration (as of UAE Blk-60) from US. Sticking point being exclusive rights of UAE to this configuration and questions being 1) will US agree to sell this configuration to Pakistan 2) Will UAE agree to the same 3) if answer to 1 and 2 is yes then will Pakistan have to pay license fee to UAE as per any agreement which may exist between US and UAE.

On the other hand I believe F-16V is a better option for Pakistan. Should US agree, Pakistan must pursue that course. Ideally picking up Blk-20/25/30 and upgrade them to V standards. 30-40 of them should do.

I think he's alluding to purchasing similar vipers UAEAF has gotten. Your vipers are the best ones out there and will certainly keep doing exemplary service to the UAE.

We did offer to waive the royalties on the Blk60's during Musharraf's time, but Pakistan opted for the Blk52+

Sir if you remember, Lockheed flew our vipers for the MMRCA, and India asked us for the same waiver. We declined.

I know about that, UAEAF even tried to get 200 PAF viper riders on deputation for its new Desert Falcons. PAF maintained a sizable contingent flying for UAEAF, Mirages of old. PAF had plans to get Block-60 but 2005 earthquake devastated our country & economy. The original order for F-16s was going to be 75 but it was reduced to 36 then 18.

We did offer to waive the royalties on the Blk60's during Musharraf's time, but Pakistan opted for the Blk52+

Sir if you remember, Lockheed flew our vipers for the MMRCA, and India asked us for the same waiver. We declined.

I think the suggestion is to order same configuration (as of UAE Blk-60) from US. Sticking point being exclusive rights of UAE to this configuration and questions being 1) will US agree to sell this configuration to Pakistan 2) Will UAE agree to the same 3) if answer to 1 and 2 is yes then will Pakistan have to pay license fee to UAE as per any agreement which may exist between US and UAE.

On the other hand I believe F-16V is a better option for Pakistan. Should US agree, Pakistan must pursue that course. Ideally picking up Blk-20/25/30 and upgrade them to V standards. 30-40 of them should do.

1) I don't know what the political situation is between US & Pakistan. But keeping the F-16 line open is always in everybody's interest.
2) UAE has no issues in PAF getting the Blk61.
3) Sir, Please understand, it's our royalties, it comes to us, so we decide, who pays, how much. Royalties might be lowered or even waived. Not sure what the situation might be today.
4) F16-V is a very good option, but taking the nuclear angle into account, a few squadrons, 2 or 3, of Blk61, which have in built EMP shielding will definitely go a long way in offering a credible defence & offensive capability to Pakistan.

We are past 16s, PAF has no cash to just keep buying more platforms. I firmly believe we have committed to the joint production of FC-31 stealth aircraft, modeled after JF-17 program.

I know about that, UAEAF even tried to get 200 PAF viper riders on deputation for its new Desert Falcons. PAF maintained a sizable contingent flying for UAEAF, Mirages of old. PAF had plans to get Block-60 but 2005 earthquake devastated our country & economy. The original order for F-16s was going to be 75 but it was reduced to 36 then 18.

PAF officers served us exceptionally well. Including one who became PAF chief, Mushaf Ali Mir. May Allah bless his soul. We still have instructors from Pakistan.

On a side note, our Mirgae V's were MRO'd in Pakistan.

We had one of the instructors of UAEAF here on the forum. We are glad that our contribution helped UAEAF become a very professional fighting force which is now well on its way to total self sufficiency.

PAF officers served us exceptionally well. Including one who became PAF chief, Mushaf Ali Mir. May Allah bless his soul. We still have instructors from Pakistan.

Mushaf's loss was devastating for PAF because we lost the cream of PAF with an exceptional commander. The current PAF commander is cut from the same cloth and PAF is back on its old feet as far as command quality is concerned.

We had one of the instructors of UAEAF here on the forum. We are glad that our contribution helped UAEAF become a very professional fighting force which is now well on its way to total self sufficiency.

Mushaf's loss was devastating for PAF because we lost the cream of PAF with an exceptional commander. The current PAF commander is cut from the same cloth and PAF is back on its old feet as far as command quality is concerned.
May I ask who was that instructor?

Yes the current chief is actually "a wolf in sheeps clothing." Very smart & God fearing man, MashAllah.

I think we are supposed to have an exercise with PAF, and other forces out of Dhafra in 1st Qtr of 2016. Any updates?

I am not at the liberty of disclosing his real identity here, he lurks around here sometimes but has been inactive for a long time now. The new ACM is an able commander, more like a fighter pilot type commander instead of a 'manager'. I'm not sure about the exercise at this point in time, but a joint exercise with UAE is very much needed.

May I ask who was that instructor?

Yes the current chief is actually "a wolf in sheeps clothing." Very smart & God fearing man, MashAllah.

I think we are supposed to have an exercise with PAF, and other forces out of Dhafra in 1st Qtr of 2016. Any updates?

I am not at the liberty of disclosing his real identity here, he lurks around here sometimes but has been inactive for a long time now. The new ACM is an able commander, more like a fighter pilot type commander instead of a 'manager'. I'm not sure about the exercise at this point in time, but a joint exercise with UAE is very much needed.

The F-16 which was damaged due to the bore back in 90's, remember that? The pilot of that F-16 was deputed to Qatar later and he remained instructor of Qatar Airforce for a very long time. Retired Squadron Leader Sohaib is his name. Last I heard he was in Dubai. Transitioned in to commercial flying now

1) I don't know what the political situation is between US & Pakistan. But keeping the F-16 line open is always in everybody's interest.
2) UAE has no issues in PAF getting the Blk61.
3) Sir, Please understand, it's our royalties, it comes to us, so we decide, who pays, how much. Royalties might be lowered or even waived. Not sure what the situation might be today.
4) F16-V is a very good option, but taking the nuclear angle into account, a few squadrons, 2 or 3, of Blk61, which have in built EMP shielding will definitely go a long way in offering a credible defence & offensive capability to Pakistan.

UAE has every right to claim royalty for its investment and Pakistan should not have any problem settling what is due to be paid. We respect UAE's right to earn royalty which is a fair deal given the amount of investment made.

UAE has every right to claim royalty for its investment and Pakistan should not have any problem settling what is due to be paid. We respect UAE's right to earn royalty which is a fair deal given the amount of investment made.
Well are we going for the Blk61?

Back
Top Bottom