What's new

PAF at Zhuhai Airshow 2018

@Oscar , look at the joystick, it seems pretty free to move around.

Far more control movement required to push the aircraft to its limits then what i was expecting. ie the need to pull hard with both hands towards his crotch to make some of the moves. Odd. Think it needs more work on the sensitivity controls... maybe something they can fix in block III with a side controller ?

Far more control movement required to push the aircraft to its limits then what i was expecting. ie the need to pull hard with both hands towards his crotch to make some of the moves. Odd. Think it needs more work on the sensitivity controls... maybe something they can fix in block III with a side controller ?
Well side stick is good but side stick does offer one thing no matter whats ur dominant hand

Side sticks is good , much more natual and ergonomic
In High G i will say center rather than side

@Oscar , look at the joystick, it seems pretty free to move around.
Simiar to the tiffy

His taking his hand off and still holding it tells me its a habitual thing rather than a user thing. Perhaps a habit formed from F-7 and Mirage days?
@Knuckles

Zhuhai Arishow 2018. This is a glimpse of Jf-17 thunder's performance at Zhuhai Arishow 2018, China. It is the 12th China arishow at Zhuhai and Jf-17 has been a regular performer of this airshow.

Zhuhai Arishow 2018. This is a glimpse of Jf-17 thunder's performance at Zhuhai Arishow 2018, China. It is the 12th China arishow at Zhuhai and Jf-17 has been a regular performer of this airshow.

Like the Oxygen Mask. Is this a new one our boys are using now?

He meant the take-off was reminiscent of the one it made at Paris Airshow. I think the one at ZAS was better, more controlled.
Ohh ok
Yes u r right the one in ZAS was much better.

Like the Oxygen Mask. Is this a new one our boys are using now?

Upgraded American ones with HUG 55s.

9d3746cede8fb04a2c4cb1df3df62739.jpg

If it's smokeless does it mean it is flying some engine other than RD93?

In 1980s when Paf bought F7 fighters from China it modified it or upgraded it with 136 modifications as per the video available on you tube. (induction of F16s and F7 in Paf) search you tube.
According to my some sources told me that There Paf made a thermo dynamic kits for the Chinese engines by itself or may be with some western foreign hand. F7s weight to thrust ratio was very much improved. British sky bolt radars and fire control system, Head up Display all were fitted to a junk tech fighter to modernise it.
So as this Jf17 is being constantly upgraded in every aspect.

Back
Top Bottom