What's new

PAF at Zhuhai Airshow 2018

Hi,

Pilots cannot see diddley sh-it ( smoke trail) travelling at 500 knots---.

You want to fight an air war and you want to wait for a clear day to see the smoke---.

Your post is getting from silly to stupid---. You are talking absolutely clueless---. The pilot is busy looking at his instruments---he has his dark shades on---how can he distinguish between thin clouds and smoke.

You kids really don't think and just post brainless comments---.

These days IR cameras show views you only dreamt of in the 80s. Smoke trails will be totally visible in IR mode.

These days IR cameras show views you only dreamt of in the 80s. Smoke trails will be totally visible in IR mode.

Hi,

Talking clever only impresses the pakistani fan boys---.

The IR will detect it way after the aircraft is detected by the aircraft radar---. IR detects heat signature---regardless of it being visible on invisible---.

So---why don't you share a scenario of what will happen---.

Hi,

Talking clever only impresses the pakistani fan boys---.

The IR will detect it way after the aircraft is detected by the aircraft radar---. IR detects heat signature---regardless of it being visible on invisible---.

So---why don't you share a scenario of what will happen---.

How can you be so ignorant of basic merge procedure? A plane moving perpendicular to the radar will be undetected. This is 101 level stuff.

This man is typical mentality of small brain. Must insult others and say others are talking nonsense when he asks stupid question. Okay JF-17 is perfect. No more discussion. Happy?

This man is typical mentality of small brain. Must insult others and say others are talking nonsense when he asks stupid question. Okay JF-17 is perfect. No more discussion. Happy?

Hi,

So you have no technical reasons---you have just been bullsh-itting al this time---.

The truth comes out when sh-it hits the fan---so tell us the real technical and tactical negatives of smoke form aircraft exhaust---.

There are no clear days in pakistan and india---all days are smoggy---.

How far can the FLIR see that your radar cannot see---.

See---you picked up on a bull-shit---and startde walking with it---I just asked you for a tactical reason---and you have none other than a clear day---.

Are wars fought on clear days and not on so clear days---? How about at night---?

There are many other shortcming in the JF17 aircraft that maybe more prominent---but the smoke from the tailpipe is not one of them---.

it isn't one of them more prominent but did I say it is? No. I did not. You are just uncomfortable that someone mentioned something. Please also look back at what I wrote. Did I insult JF-17 and describe the smoke as a bad thing? No. I asked a simple question. Does no smoke from what I saw in photos of Zhuhai 2018, mean it is using a different engine. Simple question. No need to talk about how smoke is or isn't a problem. You are the one who used this pointless "tactical" trap. No one walked in. I just answered your "tactical trap" question by saying, well if you want to ask this, I suppose visibility and IR could potentially be a problem. Whatever you want to think beyond that is your choice. You asked the question and you raised this line of thinking. No need to follow up on my polite response with insults and calling me a child.

it isn't one of them more prominent but did I say it is? No. I did not. You are just uncomfortable that someone mentioned something. Please also look back at what I wrote. Did I insult JF-17 and describe the smoke as a bad thing? No. I asked a simple question. Does no smoke from what I saw in photos of Zhuhai 2018, mean it is using a different engine. Simple question. No need to talk about how smoke is or isn't a problem. You are the one who used this pointless "tactical" trap. No one walked in. I just answered your "tactical trap" question by saying, well if you want to ask this, I suppose visibility and IR could potentially be a problem. Whatever you want to think beyond that is your choice. You asked the question and you raised this line of thinking. No need to follow up on my polite response with insults and calling me a child.

Hi,

There is no one on this board that insults the JF17 more than I do---. But there has to be a method to the madness---.

This is a defense forum---when you write something about a weapons system---you have to give some reasonable input to your say---.

If smoke was such a major issue---then tell us why it is in tactical terms---.

Every young kid who comes here talks about smoke---but none explains the issues with smoke in clear terms---.

Hi,

There is no one on this board that insults the JF17 more than I do---. But there has to be a method to the madness---.

This is a defense forum---when you write something about a weapons system---you have to give some reasonable input to your say---.

If smoke was such a major issue---then tell us why it is in tactical terms---.

Every young kid who comes here talks about smoke---but none explains the issues with smoke in clear terms---.

I'm not one of them. I didn't talk about smoke. I asked a question whether anyone knows if JF-17 engine is swapped with something less smoky because it seems like this year's Zhuhai show has less smoke than before. It seems like it but it wasn't. That's all for that. For smoke as an issue, I didn't suggest that because what I wanted to know is if they swapped the engine.

For the separate discussion of smoke, I think it is definitely better to have no smoke than to have smoke. That's all. How much better I really don't know and I think only Airforce and pilots will know. We can only guess so our opinion is about the same. Who knows what IR can pick up and at what range. I think eyes can pick up a little bit of contrail at a range that is longer than an eye can easily pick up a JF-17 size fighter at that range because the smoke volume is large but it does dissipate very quickly and it does only appear when engine is pushed in certain ways at certain speeds. All of this only really matters when the sky is very clear and when approaching visual range. These are just my opinions but I think it's fair to say it's better to have no smoke engine if everything else is the same.

Back
Top Bottom