What's new

PAF air marshal test flew the euro fighter

Is Turkey getting the F-35s instead?
They were in F-35 before the EF offer, but they turned down the offer for EFs as a possible supplement to F-35...who knows in the near future...

Its Conformed.

Over RAF Conningsby - England
November 1, 2006

Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed becomes the first Pakistani to fly in the Eurofighter.

Sorry to say it but he is not the first person to fly EF.

Sorry to say it but he is not the first person to fly EF.

Go on Murad K. let us know who else has evaluated the Euro fighter and what their impresions were.
Araz

Go on Murad K. let us know who else has evaluated the Euro fighter and what their impresions were.
Araz

Retd Air Marshal Auranzab and Retd AVM Ethasham both came to usa flew F-16 b-50/52 after that they ended up in UK , They both said that EF is a piece of work, excellent in all modes but Sir to expensive.
And they are right if we buy EF we will go back to 1984 when we got F-16 train pilots , Air men, we have already spent to much on F-16s buying spares from Black markets etc etc . Our Air men are doing and excellent Job maintaining them. And
( IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) we get the B-52 it will be very easy for them to integrate them in our force.
Now what I say I say with my knowledge and experience the Indians have always been scared of our F-16s;)

Retd Air Marshal Auranzab and Retd AVM Ethasham both came to usa flew F-16 b-50/52 after that they ended up in UK , They both said that EF is a piece of work, excellent in all modes but Sir to expensive.
And they are right if we buy EF we will go back to 1984 when we got F-16 train pilots , Air men, we have already spent to much on F-16s buying spares from Black markets etc etc . Our Air men are doing and excellent Job maintaining them. And
( IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) we get the B-52 it will be very easy for them to integrate them in our force.
Now what I say I say with my knowledge and experience the Indians have always been scared of our F-16s;)

They can try to negate, put it down whatever, but the F-16 is still the king of the hill in MR. It gives you the biggest bang for the buck. I still have the cutting of an Indian newspaper which discussed the threat of the PAF F-16s resulting in a hurried purchase of M2Ks and Fulcrums to counter the aircraft.

Sir, I beg to differ here. If Indians are so scared of our vintage Block-15 F-16s or possibly Block52s in future then why don’t they also just buy their own F-16s and kill this issue once for all. They have been offered F-16s by US number of times (even advance versions than Block52 s) but they are just not interested in buying these. And why should they? They can buy a better aircraft from any country (unlike us) in whatever number they feel like….I think that its totally wrong impression that they are scared of our F-16s . They were may be a bit jittery in early 80s but not anymore.

Don’t you think that our F-7 or A-5 or even F-16 pilots are scared of their Su-30 MKIs or Mig-29s etc???? Why do we always assume that only they can be scared and we can’t? Rather, I would consider that ‘scared ‘ is a wrong word to use here. Nobody is scared of anyone, neither we nor they.

Indian pilots are equally professional, very well trained, they have a better exposure than PAF pilots in terms of joint exercises etc and they are ready to die for their country as much as any PAF pilot for Pakistan.

On a good note, despite our limited resources and many constraints, PAF is continuously evolving tactics how to counter MKI threat and preparing its aircrew inline with the new cyclic training. SU-30 has forced us to change our basic fighting techniques and a major shift from Vis Tally (visual fight) to pure BVR environments can be clearly seen in fighter squadrons. Our Young pilots are more knowledgeable in this respect and fully geared up to face any kind of threat in future. :enjoy:

as much as i would love for PAF to have EF's in it's inventory i don't think anything will come of it we can't afford it but maybe someday.

X-man the difference of offereing them the planes I mean IAF and actually buying them is totally a difference story. For the last one year we have heard F-18,F-16s,and many others. US knows that the day they sell them the planes the tec will be in Russia in min's. USA is just playing a very big game, Pakistan is part of that game so lets see the out come of our elections and the stabality of that region and then lets see them offering US made planes.

wouldn't it be a logistics nightmare for india to procure american-made jets? i mean they already have a wide array of jets in their fleet, which by the way, only half of that fleet is working. it would be easier if they just got the mig-35. they wouldn't have to go through the mess of having the base to handle a new aircraft.

They can buy a better aircraft from any country (unlike us) in whatever number they feel like….

They can only buy whatever they like because they are a larger country and hence they have more net revenue to buy fighters. If we had the money, and we asked the US to sell us the F-18s, they would.

wouldn't it be a logistics nightmare for india to procure american-made jets? i mean they already have a wide array of jets in their fleet, which by the way, only half of that fleet is working. it would be easier if they just got the mig-35. they wouldn't have to go through the mess of having the base to handle a new aircraft.

Yes ofcourse it will be a nightmare for any airforce to go from one tecnology to another specially Russian to US. Eventually they will go for Su-35, In my opinion it is one of the best fighters on this side of Suez cannel.

If we had the money, and we asked the US to sell us the F-18s, they would.

Do you really think so ? Then why did they bury our F-16s at AMARC Tucson,Arizona for years or sent to serve with the USAF at Edwards AFB and to USN for aggressor training for which we had paid them years ago. Unlike India, we live will under the fears of sanctions, embargoes, political pressures and western influences and will always need a nod from Uncle Sam if we want to buy any western hardware, even if we have the money. Since we have gone nuclear, they are keeping a very keen eye on us and do mind that from where and what we shop around.

sir, aren't our F-16's at a disadvantage because we lack BVR? I remember hearing that our pilots are trained in anti-BVR techniques, is this true? Also, do our pilots receive dogfighting training to the same degree as F-86 pilots in the 65 and 71 wars?

asaad,

The F-16s are coming with AIM-120C5 AMRAAM - one of the better BVR systems out there. The next step should be to add a 5th generation WVRAAM - probably one of AIM-9X or IRIS-T.

Back
Top Bottom