What's new

PAF Air Chief in Russia discusses joint exercises

If Pakistan & Russia can come to an agreement for new fighter jet or if there is a good strong chance, then there is no need for Mirages from Qatar, but then they can replace old Mirages serving in PAF. Lets hope for the best & I hope to hear really good news in future.

Since our Air Chief is in Russia, he should check out the MI28 NM for the Army, as Pakistan is looking for a attack helicopter. The recent unrest in Turkey is going to effect Pakistan Turkey defence deals or future deals, so evaluating & trialling the new MI28 NM should be Pakistan's priority.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Chief of the Air staff (CAS) Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman visited the Russian aviation industry and observed Moscow’s modern fighter jets among other important military hardware.

The CAS was briefed about the Russian Air Force’s (RAF) roles and tasks and was shown various aircraft on its inventory. The air chief appreciated RAF’s professionalism and its operational capabilities. He emphasised upon the importance of mutual training and conduct of operational exercises between the two forces to benefit from each other’s experiences.

Later, Aman met the Russia aviation industry’s hierarchy for exploring multiple options and enhancing technical cooperation, where he highlighted the existing opportunities of cooperation between two aviation industries. Aman showed a keen interest to enhance their mutual technical cooperation.

The CAS also called on Russian Federation Aerospace Force Commander-in-Chief Colonel General Victor Bondarev and both the dignitaries discussed matters related to their professional and mutual interests. The commanders agreed to increase mutual cooperation in particular and boosting the aviation technology jointly.

Aman highlighted the contributions of Pakistan’s armed forces and particularly the PAF’s role in Operation Zarb-e-Azb, which was appreciated by his Russian counterpart Bondarev as he said, “The high standards of professionalism being set by PAF emphasised mutual learning exercises.”

Pakistan Air Force Chief of the Air staff Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman is on an official visit to Russia on the special invitation of the Russian Federation Aerospace Force.

No Su35 news but PAF cheif visiting Russia is a major development considering historical relations between both the countries. So there has to be something else other just a mere visit.
Defence minster completes the formality,it is the air force which chooses what is best for itself.

Can you post the tweet?

I think I already had posted it in thread related to Su-35 purchase but will try to fin it and post it here if possible.

90 F16 + 80 M2K + 200 Jf17 + 40 Su35 = 410

Arithmetic ki esi ki tesi :lol:
Lol :enjoy:

Add 42 Sukhoi's-30 With Brahmos upgrade ,Mig-29 UPG MLU,PAK FA ,Mig-29 K ,AKula class SSN There are Many
Imports from russia They still our Biggest suppliers for weapons Go check SPRI DATA before Posting here

As cost Let Me tell you Mate Su-30 Super-30 MLU Alone Worth of over 12 Billion $ No do Assessment

Read this Stuff From
24 March 2016 VIKTOR LITOVKIN, NVO
http://in.rbth.com/opinion/2016/03/24/making-russian-arms-in-india_578649
http://thediplomat.com/2016/03/russia-remains-indias-largest-arms-supplier-for-now/

Also read Most Recent 22 July 2016 DMITRY LITOVKIN, IZVESTIA
https://in.rbth.com/economics/defen...ntinue-strong-defence-ties-with-russia_613795

For a "isolated" country like Pakistan, current situation of defense deals is great shot compared to Next global Power 8-)

any one have pics of this visit
pakistan-russia-to-enhance-mutual-cooperation-in-aviation-industry-1469300487-6936.jpg

http://nation.com.pk/national/23-Ju...hance-mutual-cooperation-in-aviation-industry

Later this year.
You are being a bit optimistic. However, I believe you since many of your past predictions have also come true.

India knows that Russia has made an offer. The question is when it would be closed by Pakistan. My take is that it would be announced right around when RAFALE deal would be announced by India.

Are you sure Russia will sell Pakistan su 35 fighter jets since they would be a game changer in the region.
India is also planning to buy a lot of future defence items from russia. Those military sales to India will be much larger than those to Pakistan. Do you think Russia will choose Pakistan and risk the military sales to India in this scenario?

not su 35 but new better engine for jf n few sub systems

Are you sure Russia will sell Pakistan su 35 fighter jets since they would be a game changer in the region.
India is also planning to buy a lot of future defence items from russia. Those military sales to India will be much larger than those to Pakistan. Do you think Russia will choose Pakistan and risk the military sales to India in this scenario?

Let me make a limited point and I would let you infer

1) Russia is open to military sales to Pakistan including SU-35s. The ball is now clearly in Pakistan's court.

2) India has not objected to Russian military sales to Pakistan - Reflection of the current state of affairs between the two countries.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom