What's new

‘Padma’ latest Bangladesh Navy warship

Better we do not abuse each other, please. But, I would plead with everybody that we remain neutral to the domestic politics in the country, and we praise a good decision by any government and criticize corruptions by any government, but in a relevant thread. A thread must be discusssed in its proper perspective. Since PDF is not a Political Discussion Forum, but is a Defence Forum, therefore, we should discuss mostly about military things.

About online opinion polls, people will go against a govt if it fails to protect the country's territory. People have very little knowledge about the military matters. Some may think, one plane and one ship will be so invincible that it will protect the country. So, we better do not throw public opinions to make a point. Better, someone should ask these public to participate in the defence forums to get more information about military matters. But, here someone is trying to swing our opinions towards the online opinion poll results.

KSY (or BN for KSY) already acquired land probably in Chalna to build big ships...there the river is big close to sea.

I heard so too. they had plans to acquire land near mongla. But it will take quite a long time to materialize. For the near future we will have to be contended by building OPVs

Better we do not abuse each other, please. But, I would plead with everybody that we remain neutral to the domestic politics in the country, and we praise a good decision by any government and criticize corruptions by any government, but in a relevant thread. A thread must be discusssed in its proper perspective. Since PDF is not a Political Discussion Forum, but is a Defence Forum, therefore, we should discuss mostly about military things.

About online opinion polls, people will go against a govt if it fails to protect the country's territory. People have very little knowledge about the military matters. Some may think, one plane and one ship will be so invincible that it will protect the country. So, we better do not throw public opinions to make a point. Better, someone should ask these public to participate in the defence forums to get more information about military matters. But, here someone is trying to swing our opinions towards the online opinion poll results.

THIS! This is not a Political or Religious forum guys, beat your awami jamati bnp drums elsewhere and let us discuss about weapons here, only.

i am happy as long as these deals r corruption free. i dont care its coming from russia or china.

our defence forces gonna use these things not politicians. thnx

reason of selection 37mm gun is that there r few 37mm guns in BNs' stock.on the other hand,BN procuring some ships from china n abroad.so a financial factor also play here.as it is 1st project,1st priority is getting experience, we know 5 CPC will be built.3rd, 4th n 5th will be fitted with C 704/5.after that more 10 will be built gradually.

C-704 on this tiny ship, whose duty is just to patrol, doesnt make any sense.

As i said before this ship will at most see action against pirates. You dont need a missile of range 35km and capable of damaging frigates greatly to bring down pirates

When Myanmar comes and r*pes our navy, i would like to see the opinions of those 80%. Probably will take a 180 degree turn and blame the government for it. Korleo dosh na korleo dosh :D

why Myanmar navy?? Thats past. our problem with myanmar is solved. But we have similar problem with India. So how about becoming north Korea?? . as i mentioned when Arsenic is found in all the district of Bangladesh, they are drinking poison everyday , you are advocating Militarization from your comfortable bedroom. Grow up kid. No one supports militarization in Bangladesh except 12-15 military fanboys here and there...

by the way you deserve a salute -

7712624.bin

bastobota boro nishthur re bhai, khawar pani nai, pani arsenic vorti. pani shodhoner system nai, nodi bhangone bari nai, doctor nai, porjapto school college nai... ekhane jodi BNP bhabe 1ta frigate chalate 1 ghontay lakh takar oil lage, public kon mukhe BNP k dosh dey??
BNP aslei ni ni hoy,atai bastobota .

why Myanmar navy?? Thats past. our problem with myanmar is solved. But we have similar problem with India. So how about becoming north Korea?? . as i mentioned when Arsenic is found in all the district of Bangladesh, they are drinking poison everyday , you are advocating Militarization from your comfortable bedroom. Grow up kid. No one supports militarization in Bangladesh except 12-15 military fanboys here and there...

by the way you deserve a salute -

7712624.bin

So naive, nothing is past, weak neighbours will always be bullied. What we need to become right now is like Japan or South Korea.Government is always the center being criticized, whether they do right or wrong. Ever tried ruling a nation? its not child play like you speak of. Poverty was also found in every division of Bangladesh now did we not get better? Everything will happen eventually. You are a med student, doctors should go to those districts and teach them how to purify water but rather you guys sit down on your comfortable chambers and rob people of their money by seeing them 5 mins only and filling your own pockets. Why not blame the doctors now? First do your part then point at others, the problem with our people is that we are not too patriotic. Next thing you cry about BSF shooting smugglers. If we were indeed a strong enough contender in military then BSF would think twice before shooting. If you don't support the military modernization then shut the **** up about those problems too. I believe you support Myanmar invading Bangladesh border also so kudos.

When Myanmar comes and r*pes our navy, i would like to see the opinions of those 80%. Probably will take a 180 degree turn and blame the government for it. Korleo dosh na korleo dosh :D

Myanmar shudu amader akmatro shotru na. Arms kinar shomoi, long term threat perception cinta kore kinte hoi jeta kokhonoi BAL dalal gula kore na. :lol: The only reason people R questioning this arms deal with russia is because the lack of transparency in backdrop of all the giga corruption scandals this dalal gov was involved in. Also the migs were bought with the excuse of modernizing the AF without any consultation with the AF. APC could have easily been bought from our trusted source, china. As for the Trainers, well when U R planning to buy trainers with a view of future 4.5 gen jets, its best to do an open tender. And russia is a strategic ally of India, that holds true even today. That's the reason why there is a need for a defense policy (which unfortunately BNP also didn't do much to create). With a defense policy we could have known our genuine needs as per our financial & strategic requirements.

I thought BNP will give the name of BNS Bangabandhu to BNS Ziaur Rahman but i'm wrong

BNP never did many name changes. Just list the no. of names with Zia in it, hardly a few compared to never ending awami name changes. BAL also changed the name Zia Intl airport. Now only shishu Park is left for name changing. Don't compare apples with oranges.

Myanmar shudu amader akmatro shotru na. Arms kinar shomoi, long term threat perception cinta kore kinte hoi jeta kokhonoi BAL dalal gula kore na. :lol: The only reason people R questioning this arms deal with russia is because the lack of transparency in backdrop of all the giga corruption scandals this dalal gov was involved in. Also the migs were bought with the excuse of modernizing the AF without any consultation with the AF. APC could have easily been bought from our trusted source, china. As for the Trainers, well when U R planning to buy trainers with a view of future 4.5 gen jets, its best to do an open tender. And russia is a strategic ally of India, that holds true even today. That's the reason why there is a need for a defense policy (which unfortunately BNP also didn't do much to create). With a defense policy we could have known our genuine needs as per our financial & strategic requirements.

amader shotru ekhon du jon i ache.One is already already preparing to bite and the other maybe not yet but MIGHT after 30-50 years. Also you are wrong about most people opposing this deal due to lack of transparency. Most people think as eastwatch stated that a plane and few tanks can destroy anything. Also unlike the Mig deal, the officers are also talking about these purchases so i don't think they were not part of planning. What do you propose we bought instead of APC? Mate youa re gravely mistaken about our foreign policy. India is our ally right now whether you like it or now so arms deal with Russia is nothing extraordinary. I don't think open tender is a good idea right now. We have 3 options for aircrafts in the current era. US, Russia and China. Look at Pakistan and US friendship and cut them off the chart. China obviously being new to aircraft building have no proven aircrafts yet and heck we don't even know if they agree to sell their aircrafts to us. Russia is our only option for the time being and we should stick with it. They have proven aircrafts and they will sell you any thing as long as you pay them. Pure business nothing else. As for military policy, we should get one after we have armed force with strong base.

I think in spite of seeming differences in ideology our disagreements would be far less than what we perceive. In majority cases we're just proposing/assuming the wrong solution to a given problem.

yes i know that,but khulna shipyard can built much heavier ships than this one and that too with "indegenous designs",for the future...so khulna shipyard i think will definitely expand and modernise in the future..therein lies the co-operation.Plus khulna shipyard should also have a dedicated in-house R&D team, to design the future ships, so they can get training and material support from GRSE,which has an excellent in-house research team

read properly first then quote, he talked about pvt sector like eastern marine shipyard.and you are talking about ICBM . lol :lol: :rofl:

Now one question guys..Are warships ever fitted with howitzers? How do they engage on-shore threats, especially if the landmass is hilly/undulated??

Another question- while in motion can they fire their guns with accuracy or they fire only from a stationary position?

if u ask me which part of the **** has less smell ,well no asnwer. BNP is political party which run by some uneducated personels commonly like, br. hannan,ruhul kabir rizvi,mirza fakhrul ,dead scum adv. khandoker delwar ,tariqul islam. BNP nvr had a ball to buy a go for any deal over 100cr. taka.and awami mofos always plan to steal more , so they took big plans . like 1 billion $ purchase with russia. 60% steal and 40% will get the benifit .so for the army i prefer awamileague still.Comple ignornats can vote for the Bnp .no offece
yes i know that,but khulna shipyard can built much heavier ships than this one and that too with "indegenous designs",for the future...so khulna shipyard i think will definitely expand and modernise in the future..therein lies the co-operation.Plus khulna shipyard should also have a dedicated in-house R&D team, to design the future ships, so they can get training and material support from GRSE,which has an excellent in-house research team

BNP never did many name changes. Just list the no. of names with Zia in it, hardly a few compared to never ending awami name changes. BAL also changed the name Zia Intl airport. Now only shishu Park is left for name changing. Don't compare apples with oranges.

Back
Top Bottom