What's new

‘Padma’ latest Bangladesh Navy warship

Now one question guys..Are warships ever fitted with howitzers? How do they engage on-shore threats, especially if the landmass is hilly/undulated??

Another question- while in motion can they fire their guns with accuracy or they fire only from a stationary position?

1. Not sure but don't think there are howitzers aboard
2. Yes they can because of guidance systems.

Another quoto myanmar is not out real enemy.those online generals who scared myanmar invasion , i can n assure em ."tara lep mura dia ghumaie pare nake suresh sorisar tel dia." myanmar knows our economics and population is 3 times bigger than them. they will nvr take any risk.bd's real enemy is india .

read properly first then quote, he talked about pvt sector like eastern marine shipyard.and you are talking about ICBM . lol :lol: :rofl:
its not me,but ur having an understanding problem.When i said that khulna -shipyard and GRSE can co-operate he is bringing pvt sector ship-building (which was totally different topic and we were talking about warships here) and also "we want latest technology,so the chinese are here".So,that means indian tech is not latest,isn't it?? therefore i said that indeed china has better technological breakthroughs than us in different certain sectors like ICBM,aircrafts etc. but the type of warships that ur using now,or would be using afterwards,India have enough technological advancements for your "latest tech" needs...bujechen na banglai bolbo :rofl:

You can't reason with these trolls. For them:

Awami League = totally evil, corrupt, anti-Bangladeshi.

BNP = pure, good, no corruption whatsoever, the best thing ever in Bangladesh.

Both parties are corrupt and most Bangladeshis, the majority hate both but rotate between chosing a lesser evil each election.
No one else has the guts to form a third party?

BBB (Bangla Bhai brigade) eita abar kon dol? :confused:
lol...malaun and dalal are words that rezakars like to use along with "kut*a", "bast*rd", "thug" etc.

Gyp11 you will be sworn at and abused by the BBB (Bangla Bhai brigade) here on PDF...lol.

BNP, with breathing behind its neck by the Jamaatis, did not virtually spend a singla Taka to improve the military in its two terms, though it successfully changed a few ship names, keep a few ships in the museum, and allow a few sqs. of military jet planes to be swept away by wind and wave into the BoB in a heavy storm. Corrupt BNP and BKZ will again put moratorium on military hardware purchases and will again loot that money if allowed to come back. I ask people to come out with data from reliable sources to prove BNP indeed spent on military purchases.

If you support BAL, it's all right you can assert these all because after all it's all happening in their tenure. But if you don't or you do possess a neutral view, I have some points to mention so we can judge the real situation. BAL actually is fortunate on some national achievements which it didn't have any starting role like Jamuna bridge. With our lower class political practice we never utter the name who was actually involved within one achievement at the beginning phase or who dreamed like Bhasani's name almost blurred from scene now.

Now let's have some military assessment starting from our democratic era (!!!) since 91:

1. One important wing of our internal security Coast Guard was planned by BNP probably in 1993.

2. The brand new Ulsan class frigate actually was completely financed by Saudi govt. which got materialized during BAL era and that procurement was not transparent. The finance from Saudi Arabia didn't come all on a sudden, it was on table long before BAL ascended then. Anyway, ultimately it was BAL's achievement as it was inducted on their time.

3. BNP procured probably 2 (or 3) squadrons of F-7 (MB,BG) in their 2 terms. Hasina just did that procuring Mig-29 from Russia which was also not transparent though I like Russian toys...both parties should procure some from Russia. But for sure BNP would procure minimum one squadron from China instead of Russia.

4. In their last term BNP signed the military pact with China and as part of it we see some military achievement during this BAL term. Locally building ship under ToT from China, the aeronautical center (named after Bangabandhu), tanks etc. are part of this (also probably F-7 BGI). Only the nuclear power plant has been moved to Russia but in fact a MoU was also signed before with China.

5. Forces Goal 2020 was a draft initiated by BNP, it was not finalized then. The draft finally got materialized by BAL as Forces Goal 2030 not 20. I don't blame BAL for making it 10 years later because finalization always has obstacles and BNP also would make it so. My point is BAL doesn't initiate a new plan for our military. The recent procurement deal with Russia, China, USA are part of modernization under Forces Goal 2030. Besides, BAL has huge pressure inside military for killing army officers in BDR mutiny and so trying to please military top brass. They can't avoid these procurement deals at their will.

6. The only contribution at planning phase BAL has probably is RAB which BNP never said to us. One RAB type elite force 1st was quoted by Hasina at 97/98 later BNP materialized it though I think BAL didn't have any draft.

7. SWADS was 1st requested to US by Khaleda, later recently it got materialized.
Both BAL, BNP are anti Bangladeshi forces but BAL is at no. 1 position. As for evidence in 2001 border conflict Bangladesh was not in a situation to bow down to india because all bsf beasts' dead bodies were found inside Bangladesh and killing invaders are never a fault. Our Hasina b$stard begged apology to indian prime minister breaking all protocols of history whereas it was supposed to be india who would beg that apology for invading us. Later Khaleda ascending on throne mysteriously sent Major General Fazlur Rahman to forceful retirement and that Padua has been handed over to india.

Simply from planning to materializing it takes longer and BAL's basket gets filled like Hatirjhil project which was actually caretaker's plan. BAL never uttered a single word about who 1st planned it.

BNP er che BAL ea beshi uneducated personels beshi ase, ar educated dia ki hobe sobai e aki kaj kore "durniti"
if u ask me which part of the **** has less smell ,well no asnwer. BNP is political party which run by some uneducated personels commonly like, br. hannan,ruhul kabir rizvi,mirza fakhrul ,dead scum adv. khandoker delwar ,tariqul islam. BNP nvr had a ball to buy a go for any deal over 100cr. taka.and awami mofos always plan to steal more , so they took big plans . like 1 billion $ purchase with russia. 60% steal and 40% will get the benifit .so for the army i prefer awamileague still.Comple ignornats can vote for the Bnp .no offece

Another quoto myanmar is not out real enemy.those online generals who scared myanmar invasion , i can n assure em ."tara lep mura dia ghumaie pare nake suresh sorisar tel dia." myanmar knows our economics and population is 3 times bigger than them. they will nvr take any risk.bd's real enemy is india .

Really? they already got into our border once with their ships. You think they are scared of us? :hitwall:

As far as i know 25 more are planned +already 5 in process

I never said BNP isnt corrupted. Thats only applicable for Zia ur Rahman most probably in the history of Bangladesh. But why do people blame BNP for military? MIg29 procurement halted BAF growth significantly. But if you have strong economy, building an army at our level doesnt take time as you can see now.....

Lame excuse...running half squadron of Mig-29 shouldn't have been harder for us whatever the expenses were. It was only political envy, this way these two bitches are ruining us. An economy of more than 150 million people shouldn't have difficulty running mere 8 Mig-29s....it's a matter of national prestige as well.

C-704 on this tiny ship, whose duty is just to patrol, doesnt make any sense.

As i said before this ship will at most see action against pirates. You dont need a missile of range 35km and capable of damaging frigates greatly to bring down pirates

Well...those as he mentioned 3rd, 4th, 5th will be of more displacement possibly 600 ton, so missiles can comfortably be fitted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom