What's new

‘Padma’ latest Bangladesh Navy warship

Lame excuse...running half squadron of Mig-29 shouldn't have been harder for us whatever the expenses were. It was only political envy, this way these two bitches are ruining us. An economy of more than 150 million people shouldn't have difficulty running mere 8 Mig-29s....it's a matter of national prestige as well.

Not my opinion! I have been exploring net for last 4-5 years and this is what i learnt from more knowledgable posters. Plus i am not against military development. I am against singling out a govt in this regard, as our Army procurement is adhoc based! Army, Navy, Air chief asks the Govt and govt. tries to buy them slowly.... We are watching such massive naval procurement just because sudden requirement that arose from maritime dispute after 2008! Some people are trying to credit a party and discredit another for this.

Not my opinion! I have been exploring net for last 4-5 years and this is what i learnt from more knowledgable posters. Plus i am not against military development. I am against singling out a govt in this regard, as our Army procurement is adhoc based! Army, Navy, Air chief asks the Govt and govt. tries to buy them slowly.... We are watching such massive naval procurement just because sudden requirement that arose from maritime dispute after 2008! Some people are trying to credit a party and discredit another for this.

Huh you and idune say in every other economic thread that AL is **** BNP did this BNP did that but when you see AL do something, it hurts you

That was not our border, international court gave that part to myanmar . Plus they were non military ships!
IT WAS THEN, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THEN. I hope caps lock helped you gain some knowledge
About the second part, let me modify your quote from the BSF killings for you. "WHERE IS YOUR SELF RESPECT THAT MERCHANT SHIPS INVADE YOUR BORDER?"

Another quoto myanmar is not out real enemy.those online generals who scared myanmar invasion , i can n assure em ."tara lep mura dia ghumaie pare nake suresh sorisar tel dia." myanmar knows our economics and population is 3 times bigger than them. they will nvr take any risk.bd's real enemy is india .

eita bujhar age beshir vag bangladeshi nake shorishar tel diye ghumai porse :lol:.

save yr head from the wall bro :D .our problem solved with the myanmar already . i hope you heard about the international maritime court result :) .and nothing to worry about them.we can handle em like a dad can handle a spoiled son ;) and if u have any miliary thinktank u will know who is the real monster. ofc myanmar is not
Really? they already got into our border once with their ships. You think they are scared of us? :hitwall:

only a very few waken :)you are of them bro :D
eita bujhar age beshir vag bangladeshi nake shorishar tel diye ghumai porse :lol:.

Maritime dispute in 2008 with Burma could be one reason but not the main reason as far as I know. Under Forces Goal and military pact with China naval developments are mentioned. Also, there's one verdict waiting with india. All these are the reasons. Back in 97/98 my brother (ex-Navy official) told me that Navy was going to see heavy modernization, as part of that SEAL was inducted then.

reason of selection 37mm gun is that there r few 37mm guns in BNs' stock.on the other hand,BN procuring some ships from china n abroad.so a financial factor also play here.as it is 1st project,1st priority is getting experience, we know 5 CPC will be built.3rd, 4th n 5th will be fitted with C 704/5.after that more 10 will be built gradually.

Mind you, current armament is propably adequate for the actual threats being dealt with in peacetime.

Now one question guys..Are warships ever fitted with howitzers? How do they engage on-shore threats, especially if the landmass is hilly/undulated??

Another question- while in motion can they fire their guns with accuracy or they fire only from a stationary position?

Naval guns (at least the bigger and better ones) are stabilized on 3 axis. They have no problem firing ´on the move´ (note: even when no propulsion is used a navy ship will move along multiple axis so stabilization is a must) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_gun_fire-control_system

As for the need for howitzers (I suppose you mean ´relative to cannon´): your question is essentially whether naval guns tend to fire projectiles on a flat trajectory (like a cannon) or on a high trajectory with steep angles of ascent and descent (like a howitzer). Another difference being that cannon fire high velocity projectiles and howitzers low velocity rounds. Which means the latter use a smaller firing charge ... or at least that used to be the case untill fairly recently, about the end of the Second World War. See Howitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Artillery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We will let the data speak:

Russia / USSR 130 mm/70 (5.1") AK-130: Elevation -12 / +80 degrees
Italy 127 mm/64 (5") LW Elevation : about -15 / +70 degrees
Italy 127 mm/54 (5") Compact / LW : Elevation Compact: -15 / +83 degrees LW: -15 / +70 degrees
US 5"/62 (12.7 cm) Mark 45 Mod 4 : Elevation -15 / +65 degrees
US 5"/54 (12.7 cm) Mark 45 Mods 0 - 2 : Elevation -15 / +65 degrees
Britain 4.5"/55 (11.4 cm) Mark 8 Mod 0-1 : Elevation -10 / +55 degrees
Russia / USSR 100 mm/70 (3.9") AK-100 : Elevation -10 / +85 degrees
France 100 mm/55 (3.9") Model 1968 I-II/CADAM : Elevation -5 / +80 degrees
Italy 76 mm/62 (3") Naval Compact : Elevation -15 / +85 degrees
Russia Russia / USSR 76 mm/60 (3") AK-176 : Elevation -15 / +85 degrees by hand and -10 / +80 degrees by electric distance control system
Sweden 57 mm/70 (2.25") SAK Marks 1, 2 and 3 : Elevations
Mark 1: -10 / +78 degrees
Mark 2: -10 / +75 degrees
Mark 3: -10 / +77 degrees
Russia / USSR 57 mm/75 (2.24") AK-725 (ZIF-72) : Elevation -10 / +85 degrees

Two things to note:
1) all have the capability to fire at relatively high angles (at worst 55 degrees), reflecting dual role use for ship/shore bombardment and AAA.
2) all have relatively long barrels (55 to 75 caliber), a high pressure cannon like characteristic, illustrating descent from AAA artillery

So yes, they can ´lob´ shells but no they are not howitzers but - typically - modified high velocity anti-aircraft cannon. Which makes them good in the direct fire mode too, much like the WW2 German 88

No one else has the guts to form a third party?

Both parties are corrupt, but BNP is definitely better than the Awami League.

However the Awami League is a far older party and has far more supporters than the BNP partly because it is older.

Even for example the Awami League's presence abroad is far stronger than the BNP's, they are in the UK, USA, Canada, Italy, France etc.

When I say the Awami League has far more supporters I do not mean most ordinary Bangladeshis like them. Most ordinary Bangladeshis do not care about either party and just want to feed their families. However AL has far more hardcore supporters and party-walas than the BNP does.

The Awami League however are far more violent, brutal and ruthless partly because of their tradition of student "activism" (thuggery) which dates from the time of former Pakistan Muslim student strongman Mujib (who worked for an independent Muslim homeland of Pakistan).

The Awami League also has the support of Bangladesh's biggest Muslim group, Tableeghi Jamat (biggest Muslim group in the world). Mujib donated the land for the annual Tableeghi gathering in Dhaka, the biggest Muslim gathering on earth.

In addition to the BNP and BAL, there is Jamat (who like Jamat in Pakistan do not get that many votes) and the Jatiya party of ex-president Ershad.

Bangladeshis have long pined for an end to Hasina and Khaleda and even coined a term for this, called "Minus two".

During the caretaker government period the military-backed administration wanted Mohammed Yunus to form a party, which he did. The gentle, perhaps naive, and somewhat weak and timid Yunus quickly ended this project once he was the target of mudslinging, campaign of black propaganda i.e. standard politics which the inexperienced and quiet Yunus couldn't handle.

If a major national third party were to be formed they would immediately be targeted by both the Awami League and the BNP, which are in essence two mafia organizations - political parties, as both high level Awami-walas and BNP-walas are in politics to make money.

Imran Khan in Pakistan has served as a good example of how a completely new party can be started and gain strength.

The good news however is though the Awami League and BNP still dominate Bangladeshi politics, due to the growth of the media, social media and economic growth they are being tamed gradually and slowly slowly starting to behave more responsibly.

Hasina's current administration though bad is far better than her previous reign in power and she has been comparatively more civilized and responsible. There are some good non-corrupt people in her party e.g foreign minister Dipu Moni, education minister Nahid and finance minister Nahid.

Bangladesh has had the 5th highest rate of economic growth in the world from 2008 (if we count 2008 to now as one period) so overall things are generally ok.

Everyone knows in 12 months time Hasina will be out and Khaleda will be in.

Well...those as he mentioned 3rd, 4th, 5th will be of more displacement possibly 600 ton, so missiles can comfortably be fitted.

I dont think the 3rd 4th and 5th ship padma class will weigh more than what it is now. Most probably beacuse the chinese havnt given us the tech to install the missiles and if its 600 tonnes, it will need a new design. which is impossible since the all will probably roll out withn this year.

cool down Mr. Zakir :confused:

a happy news for you -

p_001.jpg

+BNP wil change the name of BNS Bangabandhu to BNS khalid bin walid ...

I don't know kabi. I don't trust Awami Maloon. I will believe it when I see it.

BNS Khalid bin Walid is the original name. Awami rename it after their father.

cool down Mr. Zakir :confused:

a happy news for you -

p_001.jpg

+BNP wil change the name of BNS Bangabandhu to BNS khalid bin walid ...

I don't know kabi. I don't trust Awami Maloon. I will believe it when I see it.

BNS Khalid bin Walid is the original name. Awami rename it after their father.

Mashallah! Beginning of something spectacular in coming years, Insh'Allah ul Aziz.

its not me,but ur having an understanding problem.When i said that khulna -shipyard and GRSE can co-operate he is bringing pvt sector ship-building (which was totally different topic and we were talking about warships here) and also "we want latest technology,so the chinese are here".So,that means indian tech is not latest,isn't it?? therefore i said that indeed china has better technological breakthroughs than us in different certain sectors like ICBM,aircrafts etc. but the type of warships that ur using now,or would be using afterwards,India have enough technological advancements for your "latest tech" needs...bujechen na banglai bolbo :rofl:

Please, brother do not come with suggestions of tying our naval shipbuilding efforts with any organization of India. Interests of BD and India are just not compatible. We seek all our knowledge from a country who knows better than us and who we do not regard as our enemy country. Unfortunately, India fails in both the counts.

Accentually ''original'' name of the frigate was BNS banglabanshu, after bnp came to power they decommission it and then again the Caretaker govt rename it as Khalid bin walid . after BAL return it get back its ''original'' name .

personally i think name of the frigate can be give by any Liberation a hero and if we can get more power full frigate or destroyer their name should by the Islamic hero like khalid bin walid .

Back
Top Bottom