What's new

PAC Kamra set to participate in IDEAS 2006

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
PAC Kamra set to participate in IDEAS 2006

KARACHI: Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra has completed all necessary sets for the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar-2006 being held at Expo Centre Karachi from November 21 to 24.

PAC-Kamra, the sole aircraft manufacturing organization and the biggest name in Aviation Industry of Pakistan, would display its products. Air Commodore Masood Ajmal, of the PAC told The News, “We are going to display our all products including JF-17 Thunder, the fighter aircrafts that are multi-role in their built and design, besides advanced technologically.”

“We have the capability to upgrade the avionics system of fighter aircrafts and to support a myriad of Hi-tech defence and civil aviation systems with the certification of ISO-9001:2000, the International Aerospace Standards as 9100 Rev B, Boeing Quality Management System (BQMS) and ISO 17025,” he said. He said just over a period of three decades the PAC Kamra, has become centre of excellence in Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) capabilities of all types of Chinese and French fighter aircraft being used by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

The MRO services also includes the expertise in Jet engines such as ATAR 09C of Mirage aircraft, Modules of F-100-220E of F-16, and J-69 engines and propellers of C-130 aircraft, he said and added, “MRO services are now being extended to friendly countries.”

The Maintenance Repair, Overhaul, and manufacturing capabilities of PAC Kamra would catch the special attention of delegates visiting IDEAS 2006 from all over the world, he remarked.

Describing the developments he said that in the segment of the aviation manufacturing, PAC progressed from manufacture of Mushshak and Super Mushshak aircrafts for primary flying training to Karakoram - 8 (K-8), the advanced cum basic jet trainer as well its sub assemblies.

“The Mushshak aircraft is type certified by the Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority and has been issued type acceptance certificate by the South Africa Civil Aviation Authority,” he mentioned.

The PAC Kamra, has capability to produce all parts of the Boeing aircrafts, avionics and electronics systems included Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), Grifo-7 Radar, IFF system, Airborne Video Tape Recorder (AVTR) and printed circuit board stuffing (SMD, through hole technologies).

It is worth mentioning here that all preparations have been completed regarding the IDEAS-2006.

Foolproof security and other arrangements regarding the International Defence Exhibition, IDEAS 2006, have been made according to the plan in coordination with City District Government Karachi (CDGK) and other departments.

The IDEAS-2006 would be the biggest defence exhibition of the country’s history in which 107 delegates from 95 countries had been invited out of which 75 delegates from 70 countries have so far confirmed their participation.

Such a mega-event would not only expose the soft image of Karachi, but it also would be a milestone to show the capabilities of our national expertise in indigenously defence equipment manufacturing.

The mega-event of the IDEAS-2006 has been planned on at about 7500 square meters area and in which attendance of over 200 foreign delegates likely, would benefit the nation more than $400 million, as compared with the past two exhibitions that generated business volume of $150m to $200m.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=32119

I am curious whether real JF17 is going to be displayed in Karachi....

I hope its painted in PAF colors, even if its a mock up.

See it as a rumour but I came to the conclusions that the Fc1-04 is being packed and transported to Karachi...

See it as a rumour but I came to the conclusions that the Fc1-04 is being packed and transported to Karachi...

Are you sure?

FC-1 Prototype 4 was built for testing purposes, and only one was built.

How come it will be transported to Karachi? They still need some testing, and evaluation before they come up with a brand new one in a production line.

There was news that the first 2 PAF "pre" production JF17 are being assembled. I saw a pic of JF17-04 being taped for transport. Not sure but there is a big chance. Surely they will not send the last version with Chinese avionics...

Being assembled in Chendu or PAC?
I thought first 18 ac's would come directly from Chengdu.

I did not say where but the conclusion is obvious sir.... :)

There was news that the first 2 PAF "pre" production JF17 are being assembled. I saw a pic of JF17-04 being taped for transport. Not sure but there is a big chance. Surely they will not send the last version with Chinese avionics...

Is it possible for you to upload that picture in the gallery and link it here? :angel:

Being assembled in Chendu or PAC?
I thought first 18 ac's would come directly from Chengdu.

From what i know is only first 8 jets will come from Chengdu. Then the PAC Kamra shall start manufacturing the JF-17 jet.:flag:

Who is going to IDEAS 2006?

I have told one my cousins to visit it and take some pictures, he lives near there. Lets see what happens, but he isn't that promising. :D

So lets see what happens, i am damn waiting for it! :chilli:

Have a little patience webby. ;)
Thats all I can tell you now. :P

More foreign exhibitors at IDEAS

KARACHI: The fourth International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) will see five halls of Expo Centre booked by foreign exhibitors with one hall booked by US firms alone and only one hall for Pak exhibitors.

IDEAS is scheduled to start from November 21 to 24 at Expo Centre Karachi. President General Pervez Musharraf would inaugurate IDEAS 2006 being organized by Pegasus Consultancy in collaboration with Defence Export of Pakistan Organization (DEPO). Government of Pakistan, Pakistan Armed Forces, Trade Development Authority of Pakistan are also supporting this event.

“This is going to be only exhibition held in Pakistan which has five of the six halls comprising foreign exhibitors and just one hall will be of Pakistani exhibitors,” said the Chairman, Pegasus Consultancy, Asim Siddiqi.

Talking to The News, he said that IDEAS presents a display of a wide variety of technology ranging from equipment used in the third world countries to the most sophisticated systems from the West.

IDEAS culminates with one of the most notable firepower and aerial manoeuvre demonstrations in the world, presenting an opportunity for local and international participants to demonstrate the accuracy of their equipment in an impressive way.

Al Zarar Tank, Hataf V (Ghori), JF-17 Thunder aircraft and many other Pakistani manufactured arms and ammunition would be displayed for the first time in this exhibition. The defence exports of Pakistan have reached $200 million during last two years while it is expected to increase up to $400 million this year.

The International Defence Seminar is the most pronounced, interactive and widely attended forums pertaining to matters and concerns of the regional defence industry. The theme this year “Expanding Global Security Environment,” will be of special significance bearing in mind the current geo political scenario of the region and international developments.

This demonstration is attended by foreign defence delegations and top ranks of the armed forces, bringing the technological achievements of the defence manufacturing industry into limelight in a real-time combat scenario.

About 165 leading defence manufacturers from 23 countries including 91 foreign and 74 domestic companies are participating in the exhibition while it expected to attend by more than 26000 defence professionals and qualified trade visitors, including 997 foreign delegates, defence professional, analysts and service personnel.

IDEAS is held after every two years in Karachi. Official organizer of IDEAS and Chairman, Pegasus Consultancy Asim Siddiqi said that one of the six halls of Expo Centre is reserved by United States of America alone while China, Turkey and Germany have their giant separate pavilions.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=32365

i wanted to ask if ordinary ppl could go there if so then i will go there and have some snaps for you ppl....

Back
Top Bottom