What's new

PAA Bell 412 Heli gunner raining down hell from above

This is some five year old video of operation against the dacoits known as the Chouto Gang.
The gunships were launched after the gang abducted some two dozen police who were hunting the infamous gang in Rajanpur area.

Not sure, but I suspect the US builds each AC-130 from the ground up from the production stage (i.e., it doesn't mod existing C-130s). It would make sense because those aircraft have a specific sensor and weapons-compatibility stack. Not only that, but the real "punch" is the 105 mm gun, and I don't know if pairing that (with its feedback, momentum, etc) to the regular Herc is feasible. The AC-130 is basically one-of-a-kind.

The closest outside vendors got is building lighter applications by modding the C-295, C-27J, and An-132. You won't get the 105 mm gun with any of those, but you do get a decent load-out via a 35 mm cannon plus limited ATGM and PGB-carrying capability. I suspect the PAF never went with any of these options because they were still too niche to justify procurement (as doing so would take funds away from a general-purpose logistics asset).

That said, given the chronic and perpetual instability in our Western front, I think we need to form permanent service arms for each of COIN, CT, Anti-Narc, Anti-Smuggling, etc. I can see a powerful federal police force manage CT, Anti-Narc, Anti-Smuggling/Trafficking (akin to Canada's RCMP). However, COIN will need a standing military force comprising of regular infantry, MRAPs, LAVs, UAVs, fixed-wing strike aircraft, and niche assets (like AC-27J, ISTAR, etc).

IMHO, ideally, we'd rework our existing paramilitaries into a unified National Guard (for COIN) and a National Police Force (for CT/Narco/Smugg/f). You'd bracket these two forces with the ISI to form a 'National Security' cluster to mirror 'National Defense' (i.e., Army, Navy, Air Force, SPD). @SQ8 @Signalian

In turn, you'd have a Chief of Nat-Sec and a Chief of Nat-Def.

Anything regarding India runs through the Chief of Nat-Def, while internal instability goes to the Chief of Nat-Sec. I think this could be a way to delineate the decision-making, skills, and human resources aspect between the two. You'd avoid the risk of military leaders muddling the two and ensure that we have a full-time focus on both.

Moreover, the culture for handling internal threats isn't the same as fighting a standing military force. Nat-Sec could focus on things like intelligence, busting financial streams, deeply studying local culture environments, pre-empting threats, creating civil buy-in, etc.

Good post as usual. I would argue and say COIN should be viewed primarily as a police action as opposed to military action. That's not to say a National Guard won't be involved in COIN but for those insurgencies that have been countered successfully they have primarily been done so using the police and judiciary. Heavy investment in uplifting the socio economic conditions of the populations impacted with demonstrable improvements in the way the police and courts uphold the rule of law will ensure a lasting peace as the civilian population being to see that they do have a stake in a lasting peace.

Pity we don't have our own AC-130 type craft with multiple weapon stations. A few of them flying over the BLA will put the fear of all time in them.

We have UCAVs and we are not using them against them.

We have UCAVs and we are not using them against them.
See.. that is why I said that we should get over this drone fetish..
Use UCAVs against Chotu Gang that too 5 years before 🙏🙏

That helicopter is flying at around 3,000 ft and he's firing a MG3 machine gun

there is NO WAY he can hit a designated target from that height and the way he is swinging that gun is ridiculous

this is not targeted engagement that is what we can in the spray and pray

the location is open and clearly populated and inside Pakistan? inside really ?

then this war will go on for next 100 years, only solution is a diplomatic one and at no point should the Pakistan military be used to attack inside Pakistan unless there is imminent threat

there is no place for that in a civilised society in 2022
Thats a M240B and its supressive firing on kacha area against chotu gang.

They surrendered soon afterwards.

This is what is needed in Blochistan. Cheap rockets and mini gun. Launch one as soon as enemy make contact.

Pity we don't have our own AC-130 type craft with multiple weapon stations. A few of them flying over the BLA will put the fear of all time in them.
Hi waz is not possible to convert K8 into kind of Ac130 for these kind of operations
thank you

That helicopter is flying at around 3,000 ft and he's firing a MG3 machine gun

there is NO WAY he can hit a designated target from that height and the way he is swinging that gun is ridiculous

this is not targeted engagement that is what we can in the spray and pray

the location is open and clearly populated and inside Pakistan? inside really ?

then this war will go on for next 100 years, only solution is a diplomatic one and at no point should the Pakistan military be used to attack inside Pakistan unless there is imminent threat

there is no place for that in a civilised society in 2022
Not sure of targets, but keep in mind that when these operations were conducted by Pakistan in areas such as Loi Sam and others, all of the local population was moved out by the military. This led to an IDP problem within Pakistan but the idea was not to inflict civilian casualties. After the evacuation of the local populace, rest were considered legitimate targets.

There were some cases where the army baited the TTP into moving closer to the army positions and then the fire/airstrikes were called on extremely close proximity to own positions (no regard for any dwellings or any stragglers at that point in time). These were some of the most devastating attacks against the TTP in some of their key bastions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom