What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

Rare pic of HIT upgraded Type-59M2

pakistan.t-59.2.jpg

@Dazzler ,still didn't give us a source on where 7 RPG's were fired as u originally claimed on zarrar...and posting old videos of arjun when it was still not in service.Arjun has been in service for 4 yrs now.
Also on K-1 ERA as keshav said if its 70% against milan 2 comapred to 90% for nozh then thats very good for a tier 2 tank.

Syrian Tank takes 3 RPG Shots And still Survives 03/22/2013 - YouTube
Here even syrian t-72M monkey model without ERA takes 3 shots from RPG and survives without damage,and protection of this monkey model 'M' to out t-72ajeya M1 with kanchan and ERA is laughable.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dazzler ,still didn't give us a source on where 7 RPG's were fired as u originally claimed on zarrar...and posting old videos of arjun when it was still not in service.Arjun has been in service for 4 yrs now.
Also on K-1 ERA as keshav said if its 70% against milan 2 comapred to 90% for nozh then thats very good for a tier 2 tank.

Syrian Tank takes 3 RPG Shots And still Survives 03/22/2013 - YouTube
Here even syrian t-72M monkey model without ERA takes 3 shots from RPG and survives without damage,and protection of this monkey model 'M' to out t-72ajeya M1 with kanchan and ERA is laughable.:lol:

i am not going to go round in circles lad, i heard the firsthand account and news reports too. Will find the video to share with you.

However, you see the above pic of two apfsds rounds? notice something alarming about them? Dont tell me these are not the 125 mm OFB rounds currently in production :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not going to go round in circles lad, i heard the firsthand account and news reports too. Will find the video to share with you.

However, you see the above pic of two apfsds rounds? notice something alarming about them? Dont tell me these are not the 125 mm OFB rounds currently in production :rofl:

Yep those are standrad OFB rounds,there are isreali rounds and standard russian rounds available as well for 125 mm.We recently made a large purchase of new rounds too.Not sure about their penetration.
About t-72 i see that shut u up.

Yep those are standrad OFB rounds,there are isreali rounds and standard russian rounds available as well for 125 mm.We recently made a large purchase of new rounds too.Not sure about their penetration.
About t-72 i see that shut u up.

they are TURMS upgraded verions so i see they survived three hits. Cool. see the image below

t72cammosyriafeb20121.jpg

However, :D

not all were upgraded to TURMS so rest is pretty pathetic to see........... all were succumbed to RPGS !!!

attachment.php

7604044904.jpg

And ofcourse we also made a purchase of 10000 invar-m off the shelf and 25000 under license as well.

And ofcourse we also made a purchase of 10000 invar-m off the shelf and 25000 under license as well.

:rofl:

What a suggestion

No army thought of that ever!

Seriously though, no invar or Refleks or Kombat or Cobra or xyz missile can substitute to the most commonly and efficiently used round i.e . APFSDS. If IA is going to use ATGMS against PA APFSDS fleet, they will have to buy 1000000 more.
Not to mention that a HEAT rround (ATGM has a HEAT penetrator) can cause a tank barrel to wear out muc quickly so in effect IA will be more handicapped than they would have liked. :D

they are TURMS upgraded verions so i see they survived three hits. Cool. see the image below

t72cammosyriafeb20121.jpg

However, :D

not all were upgraded to TURMS so rest is pretty pathetic to see........... all were succumbed to RPGS !!!

attachment.php

7604044904.jpg

Now u have truly revealed the noob in you.
First of all TURMS-T upgrade is for fire control system not armour noob.There is NO ADDITIONAL ARMOUR IN TURMS-T.

''Jane's Defence Weekly
August 6, 2003
By Alon Ben-David, JDW Correspondent, Tel Aviv
The Syrian Armed Forces are upgrading a brigade of T-72 main battle tanks (MBTs) and have acquired some 1500 Kornet-E anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs), intelligence sources in the region have told Jane's Defence Weekly.

Syria signed in 1998 a contract with Galileo Avionica of Italy - a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica - to upgrade 122 T-72 MBTs. The estimated value of the contract is some $200 million. The upgrade includes installing Galileo's Tank Universal Reconfiguration Modular System T-series tank (TURMS-T) fire-control system (FCS).TURMS-T is a modular third-generation computerised day/ thermal FCS especially developed for the fire-control modernisation/ upgrade of Russian-originated T-family tanks. The system includes gunner's and commander's stabilised sights (both with second-generation infra-red cameras) and a new turret-management computer and set of sensors, so that the gun stabilisation and accuracy is improved to the level of latest-generation tanks, even in move-to-move firing. The upgrade includes installing new armour and an attachment for the Russian KBP Instrument Design Bureau 9K119 Reflecks (AT-11) ATGM, which is fired through the T-72's 125mm smoothbore main gun. The armour and missile attachment are supplied by undisclosed subcontractors to Galileo. The upgrade programme began last year, with all of the systems now delivered to Syria. Installation of the systems is being conducted in-country, with about half of the T-72s modernised to date.''

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Above is a turms tank,the tanks in the video don't seem to have the largeviewer on their roof side,so they possibly aren't even TURMS tanks...and even if they were there is no additional armour in turms.

As for succumbing to RPGs even merkava on occasion has done that in urban warfare let alone old t-72 monkey model armour.
But again u posted wrong pics,those tanks were knocked out due to explosion inside the tank as ammunition blew up and that blew up the turret itself,a common problem in soviet tanks.Not beacuse RPG penetrated frontal armour.In 2nd pic u can see frontal armour has not been penetrated.

Also do provide the video or links of zarrar taking rpg after rpg.I already have on t-72,even monkey model without ERA.Forget ajeya.

:rofl:

What a suggestion

No army thought of that ever!

Seriously though, no invar or Refleks or Kombat or Cobra or xyz missile can substitute to the most commonly and efficiently used round i.e . APFSDS. If IA is going to use ATGMS against PA APFSDS fleet, they will have to buy 1000000 more.
Not to mention that a HEAT rround (ATGM has a HEAT penetrator) can cause a tank barrel to wear out muc quickly so in effect IA will be more handicapped than they would have liked. :D

I nevre said substitute,it will complement our rounds.Don't try to put words in my mouth.my quote was-
''And ofcourse we ALSO made a purchase of 10000 invar-m off the shelf and 25000 under license as well.''
Thats a lot of missiles.Ad will do a lot of damage.
35000 rounds for a projected fleet of around 1700 t-90.Thats about 20 rounds per tank available.Given standard load will be about 6 ATGMS,thats 2 full reloads available for whole fleet as war attrition.

I nevre said substitute,it will complement our rounds.Don't try to put words in my mouth.my quote was-
''And ofcourse we ALSO made a purchase of 10000 invar-m off the shelf and 25000 under license as well.''
Thats a lot of missiles.Ad will do a lot of damage.
35000 rounds for a projected fleet of around 1700 t-90.Thats about 20 rounds per tank available.Given standard load will be about 6 ATGMS,thats 2 full reloads available for whole fleet as war attrition.

It will complement what? A 1500m/s dud?? or a 1600 m/s dud?

Just for your info, these OFB shells are 125 mm so theoritically their speed should have been much higher since the gun chamber provides better pressure somewhere around 51-610 bars, deoendng on the version though. T-90S has a good cannon in 2a46-M-1 and M-5, these shell are just not on par with their power.

HIT made 105 mm L7 based on Brit tech shell goes at around 1650-1700 m/s

It will complement what? A 1500m/s dud?? or a 1600 m/s dud?

Just for your info, these OFB shells are 125 mm so theoritically their speed should have been much higher since the gun chamber provides better pressure somewhere around 51-610 bars, deoendng on the version though. T-90S has a good cannon in 2a46-M-1 and M-5, these shell are just not on par with their power.

HIT made 105 mm L7 based on Brit tech shell goes at around 1650-1700 m/s

Again these are local OFB rounds,we also use israeli and russian AP rounds.More powerful rounds are in development.
And we have advantage in armour protection over ur tanks.

Apparently Syrian Army also operates T-72As, never knew that, the one in video may be that one since A version has improved Dolly Parton thick composite armour which the M version lacks, infact, even S version lacks.

t72avsyriadec20111.jpg

Again these are local OFB rounds,we also use israeli and russian AP rounds.More powerful rounds are in development.
And we have advantage in armour protection over ur tanks.

so should i laugh hard on this that after 15 pages of this thread this is what you came up with :rofl:

give me a single example of your superior armour protection so i could prove you wrong :D

Apparently Syrian Army also operates T-72As, never knew that, the one in video may be that one since A version has improved Dolly Parton thick composite armour which the M version lacks, infact, even S version lacks.

t72avsyriadec20111.jpg

Only the elite 4rth armoured division and parts of the republican guard use this tank.

so should i laugh hard on this that after 15 pages of this thread this is what you came up with :rofl:

give me a single example of your superior armour protection so i could prove you wrong :D

Already given multiple times on how our turrets are way better designed than ur flawed chinese designs,and our ERA way better coverage.
T-90 can take latest US exports kew-2 and latest ukrainian rounds without ERA ,what will ur babydoll naiza rounds do against it.:rofl:And that was before we added kanchan that led to weight increase due to heavy composite armour.

Back
Top Bottom