What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

M-1 was tested in Thar during 86-87, failed multiple times, powerpack, optics failed, engine heated. Leos were never opted for one reason, sanction prone west product. since 89, AK was in development, delays caused to look for a stop gap tank, went for Chinese type-85IIM and liked its capabilities vis-a-vis the t-72M of IA but Chinese could not fulfil the expected orders, stepped in the Ukrainian t-80ud, excellent tank in desert warfare.

Aorak mk1 armour module...

pakistandraqkhanrlaorakmk1era0.jpg

M-1 was tested in Thar during 86-87, failed multiple times, powerpack, optics failed, engine heated. Leos were never opted for one reason, sanction prone west product. since 89, AK was in development, delays caused to look for a stop gap tank, went for Chinese type-85IIM and liked its capabilities vis-a-vis the t-72M of IA but Chinese could not fulfil the expected orders, stepped in the Ukrainian t-80ud, excellent tank in desert warfare.

Aorak mk1 armour module...

pakistandraqkhanrlaorakmk1era0.jpg

100% confirm pic of aorak mk1 era?

@nabil_05 : Yaraa did you read the posts by the two American fellows in this thread going back '09/'10 & the skepticism with which they greeted the assertion that the M1s could have failed the tests; they were Americans but they were also Military guys so they talked from experience too !

Secondly, yaraa the Type 85IIIs that we have how well do the compare with the Indian T-72s & T-90s & our T-80UDs & the Al-Khalid or even the Al-Zarrar ?

Much obliged ! :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
@nabil_05 : Yaraa did you read the posts by the two American fellows in this thread going back '09/'10 & the skepticism with which they greeted the assertion that the M1s could have failed the tests; they were Americans but they were also Military guys so they talked from experience too !

Secondly, yaraa the Type 85IIIs that we have how well do the compare with the Indian T-72s & T-90s & our T-80UDs & the Al-Khalid or even the Al-Zarrar ?

Much obliged ! :tup:

type-85III should be better or on par with t-72, inferior to AKs, t-80ud and 90.

so can someone explain why the T80UD was chosen when PA could have bought leopard or Abrams, both tanks are considered best in class and would have given PK a bigger punch, what does the T80 have that is better than the other options.

Abraham is best in class bt with much higher price....
and You can't rely on Europeans as sanctions can be waiting for u any moment and u can't then even have tank DU rounds or ammunition or spares..
and when anyone offered you Abraham??

Would appreciate if for the sake of comparison we would use pics and specs of the newest version of the type 99, not the initial version from 2001.

baseline type 99

with ERA: 54 tons

attachment.php

type 99A

with new turret: 57 tons

index.php

type 99A2

all-new tank: 62 tons

130768226769522.jpg

and please do not use specs from the type 98

without ERA: 51-52 tons

type_98.jpg

If you want to compare then at least compare with the same generation stuff.

Don't take pics and specs from 2001 to compare with stuff that has yet to be produced..... ahem ahem Indians.

Yes Al Khalid has better pick up... but tanks aren't going to play drag races.

Transmission and suspension of Arjun are among its best parts.

800px-Arjun_MBT_bump_track_test.JPG

Note the stability of tank on those bumps.. something only Arjun can do... If you have seen the Arjun doing this in video.

Arjun too fords 6-8 foot water easily.

scaled.php

Its ground pressure is lower than the lighter T-72 due to its design.. the problem here is size and weight.

T-90S Bheeshma is certainly not a "downfraded" tank at all... Its protection is much better than any Tank in the region... only Pakistani T-80UD comes close... ZTZ-99 and Al Khalid are much behind them.

Arjun would subsequently be the better tank once they are slowly increased and mark2 comes out in good number till then T-90S is better tank and with the planned upgrades it would be even better.

u can't risk to put Arjun in water as these r not ur pools without mud and Arjun speed can't take it out from muddy areas.....
well speed and pick up plays imp role in modern tank battels....
u know nothing about tanks i suppose....
u can't launch a surprise attack with arjun and it will take too much time to take Arjun on front while AK can be deployed on front borders in moments...
and haw AK is much behind then T-90??
yeah T-90 armor is good than AK bt AK-1 armor can be compared with T-90.....
grow upppp buddy please..
go chk out AK imformation pool first...
and AK is more modern than T-80 UD....
well i will not reply to trolls like u...
if ur playing game like ur tanks r vetter than ok ignore facts...
u won now happy go boy play with ur tanks now....:coffee:

Yes yes :disagree::rolleyes:

Repeat something false so many times that it becomes a truth.

Look I showed you why ZTZ99 and Al Khalid have poor protection... in my last post.
That module has empty space degrading armor and protection.

Plus the turret design isn't very good too... and I explained why... now add the extra ammo in plastic placed in the turret floor... yes offcourse T-80UD too have them but well protected.

I wonder what went wrong with PA... T-80UD was something like F-16 is to PAF.... Al Khalid is what JF-17 is.... and T-90S is no Su30MKI... The best option there was to stay with the Ukrainians and move to T-80UD evolution the T-84 Oplot/Yagtan... and IMO that would've been the Rafale.

Oplot[09-22-39].JPG

No doubt the fire power, mobility and electronics and optics of Al Khalid are very good but protection the basic thing which defines an MBT.

on such tiny bumps even i wont feel them on bicycle

May be since you are a Pakistani and have very bubbly rear.

Read about Torsion-bars and hydro-pneumatic suspension before making ridiculous statements.
Sure you can make Al Khalid jump from the hill and into the pit... doesn't mean other MBTs have to do that too.

u can't risk to put Arjun in water as these r not ur pools without mud and Arjun speed can't take it out from muddy areas.....
well speed and pick up plays imp role in modern tank battels....
u know nothing about tanks i suppose....
u can't launch a surprise attack with arjun and it will take too much time to take Arjun on front while AK can be deployed on front borders in moments...
and haw AK is much behind then T-90??
yeah T-90 armor is good than AK bt AK-1 armor can be compared with T-90.....
grow upppp buddy please..
go chk out AK imformation pool first...
and AK is more modern than T-80 UD....
well i will not reply to trolls like u...
if ur playing game like ur tanks r vetter than ok ignore facts...
u won now happy go boy play with ur tanks now....:coffee:

Arjun regularly does that in various exercises and training drills.. I showed you the photo whats the point ?

[speed and pick up]Such as ?... keep in mind that the speeds here are similar.

I know more than you... about tanks... that I can say.

Have you seen Arjun cruising in the Deserts ?

If you have seen the full episode... in this one civilians get to ride T-90S, fire rounds and use Kornet ATGM... look for Arjun cruising... I would recommend the full video.

I showed that in previous posts.. go through.

Would appreciate if for the sake of comparison we would use pics and specs of the newest version of the type 99, not the initial version from 2001.

baseline type 99

with ERA: 54 tons

attachment.php

type 99A

with new turret: 57 tons

index.php

type 99A2

all-new tank: 62 tons

130768226769522.jpg

and please do not use specs from the type 98

without ERA: 51-52 tons

type_98.jpg

If you want to compare then at least compare with the same generation stuff.

Don't take pics and specs from 2001 to compare with stuff that has yet to be produced..... ahem ahem Indians.

You see early ZTZ99 variants are not even worth talking about... there are big bumps on the turret top... exposing a lot of weak spot... here Al Khalid has left the early ZTZ-99 varient behind... Now there has been two design paths followed by Chinese industry... as we can see.

One with the wielded turret... which is no doubt better... and with that extra ceramic tiles on the turret adding to more protection.. surely better than Al Khalid.. and two with the cast turret design... hiding the weak spots on turret top by adding extra ceramic tiles... both are good and better as compared to Al Khalid and T-72M1M...[The name is somewhat like ZTZ-99AG and ZTZ-99A2G.. I guess... correct me here]

But the main weakness with that armor module still remains with that gap... for that a completely different turret design has to be made... which has wielded steel blocks which can be filled with composites and steel.. fully rather than air gap modules hanging on thin metal sheets.

You see early ZTZ99 variants are not even worth talking about... there are big bumps on the turret top... exposing a lot of weak spot... here Al Khalid has left the early ZTZ-99 varient behind... Now there has been two design paths followed by Chinese industry... as we can see.

One with the wielded turret... which is no doubt better... and with that extra ceramic tiles on the turret adding to more protection.. surely better than Al Khalid.. and two with the cast turret design... hiding the weak spots on turret top by adding extra ceramic tiles... both are good and better as compared to Al Khalid and T-72M1M...[The name is somewhat like ZTZ-99AG and ZTZ-99A2G.. I guess... correct me here]

But the main weakness with that armor module still remains with that gap... for that a completely different turret design has to be made... which has wielded steel blocks which can be filled with composites and steel.. fully rather than air gap modules hanging on thin metal sheets.

Dear armchair troll master,

Al-Khalid will give you the opportunity to die for your country.

Regards,
A true Pakistani.

Back
Top Bottom