What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

depends on speciality and future aim -- i would be building a hospital so dont need to build reputation as a plastic sergeon and work in the evenings... rather I am learning more of hospital management in my free time ---- anyways lets come back to topic

@nabil_05 : Dude whats the comparison between our T-80UDs & the Indian T-90 Bhimshas ! :undecided:

depends on speciality and future aim -- i would be building a hospital so dont need to build reputation as a plastic sergeon and work in the evenings... rather I am learning more of hospital management in my free time ---- anyways lets come back to topic

So does that mean I can't come to you for a rihinoplasty ! :cray:

Achaa yaar on topic hiii question pooochaa thaaa....what about the 'comparison' between a T-80UD & the Indian T-90 ? As far as I understand the T-80UD was a further development of the 'high-end' MBTs that the Soviets had whereas the T-90 was more of an attempt to incorporate 'high-end' techs into an evolution of the, seemingly 'low-end', T-72 ! So where would that place the T-80UDs with respect to the T-90 Bhimshas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@nabil_05 : Dude whats the comparison between our T-80UDs & the Indian T-90 Bhimshas ! :undecided:

So does that mean I can't come to you for a rihinoplasty ! :cray:

Achaa yaar on topic hiii question pooochaa thaaa....what about the 'comparison' between a T-80UD & the Indian T-90 ? As far as I understand the T-80UD was a further development of the 'high-end' MBTs that the Soviets had whereas the T-90 was more of an attempt to incorporate 'high-end' techs into an evolution of the, seemingly 'low-end', T-72 ! So where would that place the T-80UDs with respect to the T-90 Bhimshas ?

pokrycieeraaszansetrafi.png

t-80...

95488840.jpg

@nabil_05 : Yaraa what is this ? :blink:

I'm far from being a technical person so I can't appreciate what 'hit probability' at certain points of the tank entails; what I was seeking was a simple answer to the question :

If the T-64 (I think) was the High-End of the Soviet MBTs & the T-72 was the Low-End of them !

And if the T-80s & the T-90s were a further development of those High-Low ideas respectively !

Then what follows ? Does that mean that the T-80 is still a High-End MBT when compared with the T-90 or did this High-Low mix either not exist at all or if it did exist, it was restricted to the T-64 & T-72 series !

high end = t-64 by morozov

low end = t-72 (ural) with some technology sharing with t-64 such as gun and ammo, not in optics and electronics

t-80 = high end and technologically complex product by kirov/ morozov

t-90 = t-72 hull with t-80 FCS, electronics and some of armour technology due to collapse of soviet union, economy no longer allowed to run parallel design bureaus any more.

high end = t-64 by morozov

low end = t-72 (ural) with some technology sharing with t-64 such as gun and ammo, not in optics and electronics

t-80 = high end and technologically complex product by kirov/ morozov

t-90 = t-72 hull with t-80 FCS, electronics and some of armour technology due to collapse of soviet union, economy no longer allowed to run parallel design bureaus any more.

Thanks, mate I appreciate it ! :cheers:

Then why did India opt for the T-90s to counter our T-80s if the former was a derivative of the latter higher end product ? :what:

Thanks, mate I appreciate it ! :cheers:

Then why did India opt for the T-90s to counter our T-80s if the former was a derivative of the latter higher end product ? :what:

they opted for what suited them better, similarity with t-72 and t-90 eases maintenance, logistics, also, Pak already had t-80s and knew them inside out.

Hence over 2000 T-72M1 Ajeya to go with around 1000 T-90S Bheeshma.

Werent there a HOST of issues with this design.. in what is essentially a modified T-72 with T-80 tech?
Pretty well documented on how the IA was not happy with it.

Oh.. something for all to see.

Hence over 2000 T-72M1 Ajeya to go with around 1000 T-90S Bheeshma.

Exactly, thats why Indian army prefers Russian tanks over heavy western tanks which will get bogged down in sand dunes. Sorry but Arjun is only better on papers.

@nabil_05 : Yaraa what is this ? :blink:

I'm far from being a technical person so I can't appreciate what 'hit probability' at certain points of the tank entails; what I was seeking was a simple answer to the question :

If the T-64 (I think) was the High-End of the Soviet MBTs & the T-72 was the Low-End of them !

And if the T-80s & the T-90s were a further development of those High-Low ideas respectively !

Then what follows ? Does that mean that the T-80 is still a High-End MBT when compared with the T-90 or did this High-Low mix either not exist at all or if it did exist, it was restricted to the T-64 & T-72 series !
early 70-es:
T-64A and T-72 had same exactly FCS.

late 70-es:
T-64B and T-80B got complex 1A33 FCS.
T-72A got more simple 1A40 FCS.

middle 80-es:
T-80U got complex 1A42 FCS.
T-72B remained with simple 1A40 FCS.

early 90-es:
T-72B got 1A42 FCS from T-80U and was renamed to T-90.

another pathetic troll.. get a life.

Going by your logic T-72 must be the best MBT around with over 25000+copies produced.
What a poor argument.

sir he was talking by comparing weight,speed,fire power,type of rounds used etc
u get him wrong....
even Argun and AK are not 1:1 they r atleast 3:1 then how can India afford 4:11 ratio....
argun has semi auto transmission with manual gears while AK is automatic with auto gears....
AK-1 has improved armour.....
the speed of Ak made it real killer....
Arjun has issues with hitting moving targets...
well sir 125 mm smothbore tech is higher comparing to 120mm rifel of WW2.....
weight and speed of arjun degrades it...
and AK 1 has further improved engine with more hp.....n improved autoloader and chinees gun replaced with Pakistani self designed improved gun......
no offence

@DARKY @500

Reality never changes..Arjun was designed by krauss maffei

please care to spend 10mins more on this subject.
Arjun has striking similarties with leopard2a4,reason because both are designed by same firm

Arjun Main Battle Tank - Army Technology

tank.net,indian journalist ajai shukla also claims the same and so does more dozens of referrence

Design

The development of Arjun MBT began in March 1974. The tank heavily depends on foreign technology and equipment. Krauss Maffei, developer of the German Leopard 2 tank, provided the design assistance. Hence, the Arjun closely resembles Leopard 2A4 tank.

Back
Top Bottom