What's new

Owner of the company leasing plane to PIA turned out to be an Indian National

Yeah, don't privatize it. It's obviously an indispensable national asset....

Yeah, don't privatize it. It's obviously an indispensable national asset....
Yes, national airlines always count as strategic asset. The most essential part of country.
:lol: jahaz kiraay ka tha bhaara nhi diya le gaay bus
PMLN and PPP na andhi macha ka rakhi thee ........ that's why PIA HQ moved to Islamabad. Near PM office .... lolzz

Yes, national airlines always count as strategic asset. The most essential part of country.

Looks like an outright liability to me.

Btw, privatizing it doesn't mean that it will cease to exist. You know that right? The government would still hold the majority stake? It would just be run better. Who knows, might even actually become an asset for Pakistan one day.

Last edited:
Looks like an outright liability to me.

Btw, privatizing it doesn't mean that it will cease to exist. You know that right? It would just be run better. Who knows, might even actually become an asset for Pakistan one day.
I think technically govt hold 51 percent shares or 49 percent share and rest for board of directors . Lot of room for improvement. Zardari and Nawaz gave all lucrative routes to Turkish,UAE and Saudi airlines to protect there family interest, if you look at there operation only in Pakistan, you ll be shocked. And Pakistan can't get back those routes. Plus, PIA need transit lounge to host foreign airlines. Imagine, how this airline been operated by our leaders. To increase the profit margin, Turkish airline operates from Islamabad is now bus service. Number of seats are increase, a passenger can hardly reach to washroom in one piece.... imagine .. and lots of stories ...

I think technically govt hold 51 percent shares or 49 percent share

Which means that the government could still call the shots if need be and that solves any inhibitions the general public might have against privatization.

Lot of room for improvement.

There is only room for improvement. Doubt PIA can sink any lower.

Zardari and Nawaz gave all lucrative routes to Turkish,UAE and Saudi airlines to protect there family interest, if you look at there operation only in Pakistan, you ll be shocked. And Pakistan can't get back those routes. Plus, PIA need transit lounge to host foreign airlines. Imagine, how this airline been operated by our leaders.

To be very honest, PIA did not lose its market due to some conspiracy hatched by foreign airlines through local politicians. It lost it because it is a disgrace to travel on PIA even for Pakistanis. PIA itself is an embarrassment. Last year I flew on it for the first time after 10 years and, unless forced, I will not do it again for another 10. The staff is unqualified, rude, unprofessional, disgusting, and corrupt, the airline's policies are predatory, the aircraft are dirty, the prices are high, and the aircraft aren't very safe.

I mean, PIA didn't even change the seat covers on their 777s until 11 years after receiving them. And when they did do it, they hailed it as some great achievement. All they did was finally change the carpets and the seat covers, and perform a "deep cabin cleanliness". In 2020, they still operate long haul flights without any inflight entertainment suite. Not that the aircraft isn't fitted with an entertainment system on every seat, just that the airlines couldn't be bothered to provide the service on that system. Most of those systems are broken anyway. Funny thing is, they had an entertainment suite working at least till 2010.

To increase the profit margin, Turkish airline operates from Islamabad is now bus service. Number of seats are increase, a passenger can hardly reach to washroom in one piece.... imagine ..

Same thing with all airlines. That is literally the industry's business model.

Also, the seating situation on PIA is worse than Turkish Airlines. In fact, Turkish seems to have better seating space than Etihad, Qatar, and Emirates. Below are the seating configurations for both PIA and Turkish Airline's B777-300ER.

PIA

1611083995126.png

Turkish

1611084017538.png

At least on their B777s, PIA packs more seats with less room than Turkish.

and lots of stories ...

Trust me, we don't want to start with stories on PIA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom