What's new

PIA plane flies in Indian airspace for almost 10 minutes

Can't Pakistani airliner flyover indian territory just as indian does over pak airspace?

Or is that another failure of pak?
They both can. Sanctions on India ended a while back and Indian airlines are allowed to fly over now.

Can't Pakistani airliner flyover indian territory just as indian does over pak airspace?
IINW domestic Indian flights to Amritsar do briefly enter Pak airspace as standard approach into the airport, maybe same for Lahore/Pak bound traffic to maneuver and cross into Indian airspace.

Not a 100% on it but could be.. more informed aviation people might know the details.

The whole news report is wrong.
PK248 was from Dammam and no way is a pilot going to lose his way on a freaking 777. Looking at the route, it looks like it was cleared to enter Indian airspace to go around the storm.

Amateur journalism.

here is normal report from avi herald

PIA Boeing 777 Dammam to Lahore Flight PK248 Avoiding Bad Weather Permitted to Enter Indian Airspace

On May 4, PIA Boeing 777-200ER aircraft registration AP-BHX flight PK248 from Dammam aborted landing during final approach to Lahore Airport Runway 36R from an altitude of 875 feet at 8:05 PM (Pakistan Time) due to bad weather/rain/thunderstorm in & around Lahore.

To avoid bad weather, PIA Boeing 777 was permitted to enter Indian air space. The aircraft stayed in Indian air space for about 10 minutes. It entered Indian air space at 8:11 PM (Pakistan time) and reentered Pakistan air space around 8:22 PM (Pakistan time). The aircraft landed safely at Multan Airport at 8:57 PM (Pakistan time).
Later, the aircraft left Multan at 11:26 PM and arrived in Lahore at 12:03 AM. Flight PK248 from Dammam was scheduled to arrive in Lahore at 8:05 PM on May 4.

fr-may5b.jpg

fr-may5c.jpg

Or is that another failure of pak?
it should be re planned sir in emergency its need approvals .

What stupidity
Should have just stopped and asked for directions from the villagers
The news should have given this advice when commenting that pilot lost his

Pilot must be a PDM or Fauji relative on Fake License -

This is my biggest fear flying into Lahore, they fly so close to the border but luckily I rarely fly PIA or any other Pakistani airlines. It’s always Etihad emirates Qatar or Turkey for me. I did fly air blue during the pandemic in 2021 (has no other choice and needed to get to Pakistan) from Dubai. My views didn’t change and the whole I was praying that we don’t crash.

Back
Top Bottom