What's new

ow church destroyed Swami Nithyananda! – Rajiv Malhotra

That was colonial garbage to divide North and South Indians and make Hindus feel ashamed of their religion. Now, even genetic studies discards this Aryan-Dravidian garbage, showing high amount of Northern ancestry among all castes in South India and vice versa.

You are just way off from the actual dravidian theory. Though Periyar was preaching against religion but it was to end Brahmin domination on common people and for their discrimination in the name of caste
Dravdians, especially Tamils are more pure hindus than Aryans. Maybe at least being indigenous people who grew in accordance with Hinduism.

Now the Brahmin domination and propaganda are over. Tamil Hindus are practicing more liberal Hinduism than anyone else...IMO

You are just way off from the actual dravidian theory. Though Periyar was preaching against religion but it was due to end Brahmin domination on common people.
Dravdians, especially Tamils are more pure hindus than Aryans. Maybe at least being indigenous people who grew in accordance with Hinduism.

Certainly, it seems Tamil people only wanted social change based on equality and never gave up their traditional way of Hindu life. Most of them still carry tilaka on their forehead while the customs is not followed much among North Indians.

Certainly, it seems Tamil people only wanted social change based on equality and never gave up their traditional way of Hindu life. Most of them still carry tilaka on their forehead while the customs is not followed much among North Indians.

Yeah, This is most important thing I have noticed. Even now my mom will ask me why I don't have yubuthi(Tilak) while leaving home. :cray:

Anyways we follow it sincerely till school days and occasionally after school days.

You follow Swami Prabhupada and still don't know the real meaning of Arya mentioned in Hindu scriptures. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

I find it weird that Rajiv Malhotra wants to back Swami Nityananda in this scandal, and chooses to reiterate that his morality is independent of his dharmic counsel. Well, will those convicted pedophile priests be welcomed back into their churches after serving their sentence as their authority through Christian clergy is irrespective of their morality?

Like it or not, a person who goes about as having learnt and understood the message of the divine cannot have questionable morals, as that makes him no different from the people whom he's supposed to lead towards the path of righteousness and higher consciousness.

Moreover, anyone who's seen the video will very well know that it wasn't a Tantric session in progress, but mere satiation of carnal urges. To try and spin it as a Tantric practice is insulting to those who actually follow it in all earnestness. One need not link his fall as the fall of Hinduism. Hinduism will go strong in future too. But what it doesn't need are fakesters who use Hinduism to climb up the ladder of societal importance and don't give two hoots about practicing what they actually preach.
To be fair - Tantric practices sometimes do involve carnal stuff :P But that said, I never knew much about this Swami. If he is guilty, he will be punished :tup: The case against him is not very strong though. :ashamed:
And honestly please don't bring up paedophillia here, you know...
:unsure:
His actions however are indeed questionable, I would have liked him to come in public and clear his position. The lady remaining a devoted follower is strange indeed. :P

I know comparing these people to Swami Vivekananda etc is foolishness. But many evangelicals and their western cohorts termed him a maniac/lunatic/homosexual etc. The trend is prevalent today as well.

@Hermione - Read me again - I have NO opinion about him. I would have liked him to come clear. That's all. I have also not questioned his innocence.

Last edited:
You are just way off from the actual dravidian theory. Though Periyar was preaching against religion but it was to end Brahmin domination on common people and for their discrimination in the name of caste

Now the Brahmin domination and propaganda are over. Tamil Hindus are practicing more liberal Hinduism than anyone else...IMO

Actually we were in a way protected from earlier Islamic onslaught that our northern brothers experienced, which made us protect the practise of our religion in safer hands.

You follow Swami Prabhupada and still don't know the real meaning of Arya mentioned in Hindu scriptures. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

It doesn't mean I follow blindly :):drag:

In whatever case, according to me Aryans were the one came from outside and mingled with us and now living together in the name India. Be happy with that.

Last edited:
It doesn't mean I follow blindly :):drag:
Anyways we dravidians were the one living in north before you people came...so no worries. I understand your mindset.

You only speak a Dravidian language, nobody carries pure ancestry from the so called Aryans or Dravidians. South Indians generally carries 40-55% of Northern ancestry which you referred as Aryans.

To be fair - Tantric practices sometimes do involve carnal stuff :P But that said, I never knew much about this Swami. If he is guilty, he will be punished :tup: The case against him is not very strong though. :ashamed:
His actions however are indeed questionable, I would have liked him to come in public and clear his position. The lady remaining a devoted follower is strange indeed. :P

I know comparing these people to Swami Vivekananda etc is foolishness. But many evangelicals and their western cohorts termed him a maniac/lunatic/homosexual etc. The trend is prevalent today as well.

You should research before you form an opinion. Swami Nithyananda has no cases against him. All of it was dismissed. The guy who accused him and ran the report on him is in prison now. Swami Nityananda is also a swami that TV channels will not dare malign ever since he sent all of them a legal notice on defamation if they ever broached his topic again.

He has followers in millions. Very educated and very successful people. From all the testimonies I have read, he is indeed a very powerful self-realized person.

You only speak a Dravidian language, nobody carries pure ancestry from the so called Aryans or Dravidians. South Indians generally carries 40-55% of Northern ancestry which you referred as Aryans.

That doesn't mean both are same. Aryans are Indo-european people came and colonized Dravidian areas, in most cases during vedic period. Both Dravidian and Aryans co-existed and shared everything from culture, language, etc., which is evident from relationship between the kingdoms of north and south.

But now people like you call this a divide and try to impose that there is no such thing called Dravidian.

Don't take this as propaganda to divide both, consider it as statement of long relationship between both ethnicities which co-existed for thousands of years.

@Hermione - Read me again - I have NO opinion about him. I would have liked him to come clear. That's all. I have also not questioned his innocence.

What he did with that woman is his business and nobody elses. So there is no question of him coming in the clear. Do we go around asking men and women to talk about their sex lives and come in the clear about it?

Apparently, a few approach him for practicing the last 6 yogic practices which involve sexual contact. They sign a legal contract to be in such because of the controversy the situation could involve. Anyways the idea of "sex" itself in tantra is beyond carnal instinct. It is considered just a variation of energy.

What he did with that woman is his business and nobody elses. So there is no question of him coming in the clear. Do we go around asking men and women to talk about their sex lives and come in the clear about it?

Apparently, a few approach him for practicing the last 6 yogic practices which involve sexual contact. They sign a legal contract to be in such because of the controversy the situation could involve. Anyways the idea of "sex" itself in tantra is beyond carnal instinct. It is considered just a variation of energy.
There - was that so hard? :coffee:

Here was a single unmarried woman and an unmarried man involved in sexual tantric practices. It breached no moral or societal boundaries for the secular progressive enlightened folks to get their knicker in a twist.

The same crowd go around defending all debauchery in the West in the name of personal sexual freedom.

There - was that so hard? :coffee:

If you had read the OP article you would have known that already. I just took it from there.:P

What part of a grown man and a grown woman having consensual sex looks like pedophilia to you?

Also Hinduism had both the right hand path and left hand path of approaching divine. Morality is not what the church dictates.

Ajit Vadakayil: TANTRA , LEFT HANDED PATH OF HINDUISM, FORBIDDEN RAZOR'S EDGE VAMACHARA- CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL

Did the woman involved throw accusations? Did she slap the Swami with rape charges? Till date she has not spoken and if anything remains his ardent follower. The woman in USA who did bring such charges was proved to be a liar and lost her case in the US court.

The comparison is not w.r.t legality of his sexual activity, but with morality in conformance with societal values. A sanyasi can be either a Brahmachari or a Grahasta. But what the society isn't tolerant enough is a Sanyasi seemingly posing as Brahmachari while indulging in sexual intercourse with a Women whom he has not married.

Again, I don't have a problem with this, but good luck trying to convince the society that he is morally correct in behaving that way. He isn't alone in facing the heat of the society in this regard. Our society also disapproves of Live-in relationships.

The comparison is not w.r.t legality of his sexual activity, but with morality in conformance with societal values. A sanyasi can be either a Brahmachari or a Grahasta. But what the society isn't tolerant enough is a Sanyasi seemingly posing as Brahmachari while indulging in sexual intercourse with a Women whom he has not married.

Again, I don't have a problem with this, but good luck trying to convince the society that he is morally correct in behaving that way. He isn't alone in facing the heat of the society in this regard. Our society also disapproves of Live-in relationships.
I don't :yay: :rofl:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom