What's new

Overseas Pakistanis will not vote in next elections!!

There is no value in "advice" based on lies and misleading statements which is given by most hypocritical US nationals who pretend they still have their Pakistani nationality or nationalism in them.

Time will tell who achieves what... those people who got their education on public money and then ran away from here should be ashamed of what little they have done for this country after two or three decades. Really... speaks volumes about them.

Coming on an online forum to talk about being Pakistani is the easiest thing to do... empty vessels do really make a lot of noise.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Boys - me over and out. Nice debating with you.

Great to know that! If you come to Karachi, drop a line!

So you dont have issues voting for a thuggish party like MQM led by a British citizen but you have issues with 'empty vessels' and 'advice'? Wow!!

Most overseas want to vote for PTI, but now government won't allow us to do so. Not from here at least. Due to work, some of us can only try to make it to Pakistan. I will have to plan something.

When have you got your CNIC? If it's before March 2012 then your vote is already registered but where that we need to find... I can confirm your registration if you provide me your CNIC... even I can do it right now for you.

Can I PM you? I will come to vote. I got my CNIC back in 2002.

Actually I agree with not letting overseas Pakistanis vote, but not due to resource constraints but because of the flaw behind the logic.

Before anyone spouts how "remittances" work, I feel that those who are dual nationality holders and have not returned to Pakistan and have no plans to do so in the immediate future should have no say in how and who the nation should be run by.

Their voice counts for nothing.

Pakistanis who are staying in Pakistan would be better off without the higher moral ground that expats seem to take. The
"I am more patriotic living in the US/UK/wherever than you living in Pakistan" is so darn annoying. These same people would pay taxes to the country where they are working, but do nothing in turn for Pakistan. And the little they do, they will make sure they make it seem so earth shattering and ground breaking - when it won't be.

Are the locals paying taxes accurately, are they doing anything for their country. I do not think so, everyone is living for themselves. That is hard fact.

Overseas voters are educated lot, by removing the educated you increase the percentage of uneducated in the voting.

So you dont have issues voting for a thuggish party like MQM led by a British citizen but you have issues with 'empty vessels' and 'advice'? Wow!!

I don't know what you are on about here... but yes, I will never ever take advice from a hypocrite ever.

And how do you know I cast my vote for the last time? First figure out your vote, then make stupid assumptions about others.

I don't know what you are on about here... but yes, I will never ever take advice from a hypocrite ever.

And how do you know I cast my vote for the last time? First figure out your vote, then make stupid assumptions about others.
That was not meant to be personal but you seem to be taking everything personal.

Are the locals paying taxes accurately, are they doing anything for their country. I do not think so, everyone is living for themselves. That is hard fact.

Overseas voters are educated lot, by removing the educated you increase the percentage of uneducated in the voting.

Every company cuts the tax before they the salary to an employee... I have paid a lot in taxes.. and seriously have got nothing in return by that standard.

Voting the "right" party is not going to make a difference... it's when the educated return and put a few years in turning this country around. Money and all are irrelevant if the people are missing.

That was not meant to be personal but you seem to be taking everything personal.

You quoted me and then wrote this "So you dont have issues voting for a thuggish party like MQM led by a British citizen"

Take some time reading what you wrote, and what impression it's leaving on others.

Every company cuts the tax before they the salary to an employee... I have paid a lot in taxes.. and seriously have got nothing in return by that standard.

Voting the "right" party is not going to make a difference... it's when the educated return and put a few years in turning this country around. Money and all are irrelevant if the people are missing.

If all 4 million return, they cant change a zilch. The change will only come through politics and voting the right party in. This is an evolving process and it will take time to mature.

In the meantime, non-resident Pakistanis are not hypocrites and non-patriotic. Neither did they leave the country in lurch. In fact by being away, they are serving in a much better way, by sending more that $12 billion, which is such an anathema to you.

Why should overseas Pakistanis be accommodated? Are they living in Pakistan? Are they paying taxes to the Pakistani government? What right do they have to decide the fate of Pakistan and choose the leaders when they are living in another country? If overseas Pakistanis really feel the need then actually come to Pakistan physically and vote.

Can I PM you? I will come to vote. I got my CNIC back in 2002.

Nope you cannot PM me... you need to have something like 10,00000000000 posts to send a PM to another member on PDF. that's a new and stupid rule they've implemented recently.

Just because of this weird policy, I've lost contact with so many good friends here on PDF. I don't know why would they do that to us? We need to do a protest?

Let me think to find a way you can send me your CNIC no.

Any overseas PDF member who had their CNIC registered before March 2012 'can find a way' to send me his CNIC no... I'll confirm their registration for them.

I completely agree with you over here. My signature says something same, yet more stronger.

The SC revoked parliamentary privileges of all dual nationality holders. We are making progress on that front.

Come back, and stop Pakisatnis from screwing up... as you put it.

What's stopping you?

Also, why must those who live here in Pakistan be told by those who have no desire to come back how to live?

They want to burn their country down, let them. Why is it bothering you?

You seems to have no idea how important overseas people are for country like us.

Not everyone who is in Pakistan is doing anything to change Pakistan but they can vote. Why have different standards for overseas Pakistani.

Just to make a point; if you cannot be part of Pakistan in hard times when you're needed the most, how can you claim to be a patriotic Pakistani? The patriotism just went the drain when you flew and left the country alone in hard times...

Alone? People who left for better opportunities send home a billion dollars in hard currency every month, month after month, and increasing. Pakistan may be able to live with foreign aid, but without that cash flow? I think not.

What could be more patriotic than developing the means to support the homeland? Just to make a counterpoint, of course.

Just to make a point; if you cannot be part of Pakistan in hard times when you're needed the most, how can you claim to be a patriotic Pakistani? The patriotism just went the drain when you flew and left the country alone in hard times...

Very naive comment.

Back
Top Bottom