What's new

Overseas Pakistanis will not vote in next elections!!

Hmm looks like zardari trick again.....during election time PIA rate will increase double and they will force other airlines to make it double airport tax.

Actually, they are preventing dual nationality holders from participating in voting.

I am a dual passport holder...
And its way too easy for me to get rid of my green passport....

How often do you travel on that green passport? Would you ONLY travel on your green passport by choice?

Although ...having one Pakistani nationality is no litmus test for loyalty..
Pakistani pasport holders who never been abroad have done more damage to the country than all of us expats combined..

And weren't you the one who brought up how strong the Israeli lobby is abroad?

You think the Israelis back in Israel with their horrendous human rights violations are exemplary?

If you have a platform, use it for the good of other Pakistanis.

Just dont tell us that using drones is justified... now that really does tick those who live here. ;)

No, just send the money and keep quiet. :D

No, just keep quiet. Everyone here in Pakistan can do without YOUR money for sure.

May I ask what do our fauj/ civil servants do to get such a huge budget and command such salaries and perks and privileges? What exactly are they doing for Pakistan that overseas Pakistanis are not doing? We dont want any position or any privilege. We happily give to our country without ever bothering to count and expect anything in return. But a small respect in return will do wonders. A small gesture thats missing here.

You contradicted yourself here:
Most Pakistanis abroad are very patriotic people and dont need a degree or certificate from those who are sitting in Pakistan and thinking that Pakistan is their right only. Its ours too!

When Pakistanis abroad 'preach' as you say, they do so from experience. It pains us to see Pakistan in such a pathetic state as it is right now. When we outside our country can excel and benefit from a good system, why cant we have that in Pakistan.

What's stopping you... take the next flight back home... As Mahatma Gandhi said, "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."

Pakistan belong to every Pakistani and by the way, the remittances of $12 billion do help. We never ask anything in return like US would by offering us a few dollars or used weapons. We just ask we be treated as equals and have a say in the future of our motherland. Thats too big an ask considering the mindset of the contributors here and those sitting in corridors of real power.

I do agree that dual national Pakistanis should not be allowed in decision making positions. Pakistanis have only seen Moin Qureshi, Shaukat Aziz and Rehman Malik as dual nationals who 'served' their master rather than their country. There are 4 million of them and they pray and strive to work for their country - Pakistan.

Once again "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."

Come back. Today you come back, tomorrow surely the other 4 million will come after you :D

As for the remittances, please read this

The remittances that come back to Pakistan from overseas are not by a dual-national, or a middle class white collar workers, but the 'mazdoor', taxi driver, tandoor wala etc etc, who send the money back home to their families. So, even though the people directly aren't contributing anything to the country, these blue collar folks do in a way contribute something to the country.

Actually, they are preventing dual nationality holders from participating in voting.

There is a huge difference between dual nationals and Pakistani expatriates...people are confusing the two.

Yup, let's leave it to the Pakistanis that sit at home and do nothing to screw our nation further.

Most of the "Patriotic" Pakistanis have no problem with have dual nationality holders in your government, but when we want to exert our right to cast our vote in a democratic election, it's almost too much to bare.

Pandu mentality.

Yup, let's leave it to the Pakistanis that sit at home and do nothing to screw our nation further.

Most of the "Patriotic" Pakistanis have no problem with have dual nationality holders in your government, but when we want to exert our right to cast our vote in a democratic election, it's almost too much to bare.

Pandu mentality.

Oh no, please do send in the money! :D

(... over a billion dollars a month.)

Pandu mentality.

The SC revoked parliamentary privileges of all dual nationality holders. We are making progress on that front.

Come back, and stop Pakisatnis from screwing up... as you put it.

What's stopping you?

Also, why must those who live here in Pakistan be told by those who have no desire to come back how to live?

They want to burn their country down, let them. Why is it bothering you?

Those who are stretching their pockets to send remittances, please dont.

Yeh ahsaan na karein.

We say keep the money, and we will try our best to send some back to you as well.

The SC revoked parliamentary privileges of all dual nationality holders. We are making progress on that front.

Come back, and stop Pakisatnis from screwing up... as you put it.

What's stopping you?

Also, why must those who live here in Pakistan be told by those who have no desire to come back how to live?

They want to burn their country down, let them. Why is it bothering you?

Some of us have been born and bred in Pakistan. We have an equal right to vote just as any other Pakistani. In fact, we have more rights than most that live at home and don't vote at all.

Some of us have been born and bred in Pakistan. We have an equal right to vote just as any other Pakistani. In fact, we have more rights than most that live at home and don't vote at all.

Exactly correct. I agree.

It's funny isn't it?

Overseas send back home to the "patriots".

The "patriots" then elect those that send back the money to other nations.

Only in Pakistan.

Are you an expat or dual national?

You took the oath of allegiance to keep US interests first.

No one will trust your judgment. Truth hurts, but that's how it is and should be.

If you are sitting in the US with its nationality then you should work to promote your adopted home only.

Your ties back home were not meaningful to you in any case.

Otherwise, you will become a basket case - an opportunist.

It's funny isn't it?

Only in Pakistan.

Like I said, nah bhejo paisay. Nobody needs this ahsaan.

I am sure Zardari ja kay bheek maang lay ga, he doesnt rely on your remittances you know...

If you have such problems with the "patriots" back home, like Gandhi ji said, "Be the change you wish to seee...."

Wapis aa jao na!

Are you an expat or dual national?

You took the oath of allegiance to keep US interests first.

No one will trust your judgment. Truth hurts, but that's how it is and should be.

If you are sitting in the US with its nationality then you should work to promote your adopted home only.

Your ties back home were not meaningful to you in any case.

Otherwise, you will become a basket case - an opportunist.

Like I said, nah bhejo paisay. Nobody needs this ahsaan.

I am sure Zardari ja kay bheek maang lay ga, he doesnt rely on your remittances you know...

If you have such problems with the "patriots" back home, like Gandhi ji said, "Be the change you wish to seee...."

Wapis aa jao na!

LoL, you seem to have some sort of vendetta against people that have left for work or opportunity in other countries.

Elmo, apko visa ney mila, toh hum par kyun ghusa kar ri ho? :P

But, I am dual national.

And I have never stated that I will never come back to Pakistan. I come and go as I please, and I will make my final home Pakistan.

You've made the point already that the patriots are good for only passing around the begging bowl. That's why some of us go out and try to earn for the country with iman-dari.

It's like typical Pakistani family structure. One guy works and the rest of the family eats.

Do you believe that some of us prefer our cubicles versus being among our fields and family?

It's funny isn't it?

Only in Pakistan.

Even funnier that those who are extolling the virtues of remaining in Pakistan are in all probability trying to go abroad themselves, some successfully, most not.

Ironic, isn't it?

Even funnier that those who are extolling the virtues of remaining in Pakistan are in all probability trying to go abroad themselves, some successfully, most not.

Ironic, isn't it?

Hahaha. I was just going to make that point.

Ironic, isn't it?

You were asked to keep your money, and stay quiet.

And last I checked, I never called myself a "patriot". For what we know, you are the one who feels the need to drill in your Pakistaniat. And yes you can go cry hoarse with the admin about me being mean.

LoL, you seem to have some sort of vendetta against people that have left for work or opportunity in other countries.
Elmo, apko visa ney mila, toh hum par kyun ghusa kar ri ho? :P
But, I am dual national.
And I have never stated that I will never come back to Pakistan. I come and go as I please, and I will make my final home Pakistan.
You've made the point already that the patriots are good for only passing around the begging bowl. That's why some of us go out and try to earn for the country with iman-dari.
It's like typical Pakistani family structure. One guy works and the rest of the family eats.
Do you believe that some of us prefer our cubicles versus being among our fields and family?

You are right - I have no choice than staying here.

My issue is not about people leaving. It's about people coming here and trashing those who are behind and being disrespectful at every given opportunity.

You might not have a a superiority complex (to be honest, this is the first time in all these years that i have known that u are a dual national), but others over here are willing to get this country carpet bombed and droned because they think only the lesser mortals live here. I think those people should just shut up for good.

Dekho... baat simple hai. I live in this country, and I deal with people in and out. I dont want say for instance a random doctor who graduated 25 years back and has made no impact on the policies influencing the future of young doctors to come here and talk about why people leave.

I find those people utterly and completely disgusting to the core.

If you feel this country will change with remittances, then let me tell you, money isnt everything.

Back
Top Bottom